Mac vs Loreal

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Loreal and Mac both have different foundations so which ones are you specifically looking at?
2. It depends on what you're looking for, skin type, how well shades match, is the finish well suited to you, the list goes on and on...

There's no one be all end all definition of what foundation is better than the other, the closest thing you could ask is "Which foundation is better for myself." And you're not giving us any information to really work with. 

Welcome @ Laura-LeeJ!   I can't really advise regarding MAC vs. L'Oreal foundation as I have not used either.  However, I am a huge fan of Clinique's Stay Matte foundation.   No matter which other brands I try (Benefit, Lancome or Bare Minerals), I always come back to my Clinique makeup.  This works wonders for me because I live in a really warm, humid area and It helps keep oil at bay.  I also have really sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate me or cause my skin to break out.

I recommend reading product reviews here or on Sephora or on the brand sites to see what others are saying.  You may also be able to sample various foundations at Sephora or your department store makeup counters (although I'm kind of grossed out by testers...).  Good luck!!!!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A lot of L'Oréal foundations are going to be much cheaper than MAC, so if those are the two brands that interest you, maybe you should start with a couple of L'Oréal foundations and see if they work well for you. For really full coverage, MAC's Studio Fix is one of the best out there, so that might be a good investment - it totally depends on your budget and needs.

Back