J’Adore by Dior is changed....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After many years desperately searching for a fragrance which would not smell cloyingly sweet on my skin (the ones I found, such as Naf Naf, promptly went out of sale when I needed a replacement), I fell in love with J’Adore by Dior Eau de parfum: perfectly right for me, long lasting and delicious! When I finished my first bottle (it took a few years, I don’t use perfume at work), I bought the 100 ml bottle, thinking it would amortize the expense and last longer.

Imagine my astonishment and displeasure when my new perfume, while at first smelling like the original, subtly changed aroma and disappeared altogether after very little time. I inquired at the shop if Dior had changed its recipe, but they said they have had no notice of this. Was I just unlucky in that bottle or production lot, or did they really change something in its composition?  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

The saddest thing is, I now dislike it so much I never use it, and I don’t have the courage to buy a new one!

Has someone else had the same experience with it?

Thanks for your comments  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

After many years desperately searching for a fragrance which would not smell cloyingly sweet on my skin (the ones I found, such as Naf Naf, promptly went out of sale when I needed a replacement), I fell in love with J’Adore by Dior Eau de parfum: perfectly right for me, long lasting and delicious! When I finished my first bottle (it took a few years, I don’t use perfume at work), I bought the 100 ml bottle, thinking it would amortize the expense and last longer.

Imagine my astonishment and displeasure when my new perfume, while at first smelling like the original, subtly changed aroma and disappeared altogether after very little time. I inquired at the shop if Dior had changed its recipe, but they said they have had no notice of this. Was I just unlucky in that bottle or production lot, or did they really change something in its composition?  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

The saddest thing is, I now dislike it so much I never use it, and I don’t have the courage to buy a new one!

Has someone else had the same experience with it?

Thanks for your comments  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
J'adore comes in different varieties:

http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_us/fragrance-and-beauty/fragrance/womens-fragrance/jadore/fr-jadorefpl-jadore.html

There's the eau de parfum, voile de parfum, eau de toilette, l'or, l'absolu.

I don't know what half of these are, but I know the difference between eau de toilette and eau de parfum is that the concentration of the parfum is much stronger / dense, therefore lasts much longer. the toilette is watered down -- I'm not sure if it would account for a great change in scent, but you also said the difference was subtle.

I asked myself if I've mistakenly bought one product for another, but checking it out thorougly, I'm positive both my bottles bear the definition Eau de Parfum. At the time, thankfully, most of the new "varieties" didn't exist (I've no idea of the difference between voile and or either!!)

When I went to the shop to get some information, they made me try l'absolu, but ìt it was so concentrated it didn't even resemble the eau de parfum!

Do you like J'adore? Do you use it too?

I asked myself if I've mistakenly bought one product for another, but checking it out thorougly, I'm positive both my bottles bear the definition Eau de Parfum. At the time, thankfully, most of the new "varieties" didn't exist (I've no idea of the difference between voile and or either!!)

When I went to the shop to get some information, they made me try l'absolu, but ìt it was so concentrated it didn't even resemble the eau de parfum!

Do you like J'adore? Do you use it too?
Most of the bottles look the same, too. I don't believe they've changed formulas, our fragrance department would have been notified. 

Maybe it's the length of time you had the bottle? Fragrance will change over time...

Perfume houses are notorious for changing formulas and I just hate it! I buy all my high end decants at The Perfumed Court, they are authentic, and many have vintage formulas available. I hope this helps.

Back