What is my skin tone???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was wondering if you could help me... I used to firmly believe that I was a cool skin tone... I would always wear BareMinerals Fair (C10) and it looked great, but I switched to liquid foundation as I got older and needed more coverage. I got Loreal true match in C1 Alabaster and wore that for awhile, but I never thought it looked as good and wasn't sure why. I went to Sephora and the sales clerk offered to test my skin type with the Pantone electronic skin tone matching system, and my result was 1Y04 which is skin with a yellow undertone... which means I'm actually warm and not cool D: This has totally thrown off my go-to colors for eyeshadows and blush, and I probably shouldn't wear berry tones on my lips anymore. I'm so confused. I got Loreal true match in W1 Porcelain and it looks so much better, but I'm still in disbelief. My skin tone is very pink, and I am prone to redness, but when I press down on my skin I have obviously yellow undertones. Is it possible that I could be more neutral? I thought I had it all figured out!

I think I have a similar problem!

Kind of the other way around, though. My skintone looks pretty yellowy/golden and I get a very nice tan in the summer. However, in winter I am very pale.

My face doesn't get very tanned in summer. Then I look at my wrist veins and some are green whereas others appear purple.

I know that my veins would be purple if I had very light skin with pink undertones... but why are they different?!?!

Mint_Tea, I'm sorry I cannot really help you but to me it sounds like you could be neutral.

Don't worry that much about wearing berry tones on your lips, etc. You have done it in the past and you felt beautiful. It's all about personality.

Good luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Irati xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Back