Secret Santa and Midsummer Night's Dream Information Desk

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
This post is a central roundup for all of the technical questions for the Secret Santa and Midsummer Night's Dream exchanges.  It will be updated as necessary!

What is the shipping deadline?
For international packages, December 1st.  For domestic packages, December 15th.

Do I need to get tracking?

It is MANDATORY this year!  Please PM your tracking information to @, @, or @meaganola.

I have an administrative-type question that I need to pose to one of the mods running this round!  Who can I PM?

@, @, or @meaganola.

What is BST?  It is MakeupTalk’s Buy Sell Trade forum.  You can use it to buy, sell, or swap!  There is no limit to the number of threads you have, but it is a *really* good idea to limit your number of Secret Santa/Midsummer posts because then everything is all in one post.  To create a BST post, first go here:
https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/forum/103-makeup-nails/

Click on Start New Topic.  Then fill out your wishlist title, then fill out the body of the post, then click Post New Topic, et voila!  You have a new url to add to your survey and/or signature!

You WILL NOT be able to edit a post outside of the BST section after 24 hours, so I strongly recommend that everyone use that section for this sort of thing!  If you create a wishlist in that section and want it in your survey (and not just in your signature), just PM @ or me with the url, and one of us can add it to your survey.

Signatures:  This is *the* best way to have everything rounded up in one place for your Santa.  Just go to My Settings, scroll down to Signature, and edit your signature in the Edit Signature box.  It's no trickier than posting.  Please make sure to include a link to your Secret Santa/Midsummer wishlist post in the BST forum!  There is a limit of four links and five lines of text, so if you get an error message, try editing something down.

How do I make a spoiler?

There is a spoiler button, but it's sometimes easier to just type it out, especially since the button is not available on the mobile version of the site.  To create a spoiler box, just type the following with square brackets (aka [ ] brackets) instead of curly (this works whether you're on mobile or desktop):
{spoiler} Then type whatever.  Then type {/spoiler}

Square brackets are key!  Parentheses, curly brackets, and pointy brackets *do not* work for this.

Not-Your-Santa Warehouse and Workshop:  Brand new for 2014!  Think of it as Freecycle for Secret Santa.  Elves:  Post things you are willing to send to Santa or Santees for the cost of postage!  Santas:  Get extra goodies for your Santee!  Santees:  Reap the benefits from people being awesome!  It’s located here:  
https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/134915-not-your-santa-warehouse-and-workshop-2014/

How do I use Elfster?  We have a thread for that.  
https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/134584-guide-how-to-use-elfster/

Why do I need to make a wishlist with specific items?  I’m really easygoing!  I like everything!
Your Santa may not be the same way.  She may need a list to work from for *everything*, down to cleaning the bathroom.  A wishlist will prevent her from crying (seriously, this happens), and it will help her curate a better box of goodies for you.  A happy Santa means a happy Santee!

I need a little help with...  Something for my recipient.  I don't want to say what, but I need a forumite's help!

Need an expert in Korean skincare/cream blush/indie nail polish/snacks for kitties?  Want to get some information to/from your recipient but don't want to do it through Elfster?  Sugar Plum Fairies are here to help!  Some have posted areas of expertise, but if no one has your specific topic listed, feel free to post a call for help.  (Tip:  Make sure your PM folder has enough room for plenty of messages because we have lots of helpful people around here!)

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/134581-secret-santa-secret-santa-nails-2014-sugar-plum-fairy-central-casting-call-and-lounge/

I'm trying to post my reveal photos, and it keeps saying I have too many!

There is a limit to the number of photos you can put in one post.  I *think* it's nine.  Try breaking your monster post into a series of smaller posts.  That should do the trick!

How do I post a photo, anyway?

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/131657-how-to-insert-an-image-into-a-post/

Important:  If you are on the mobile site, you will first need to click the black Reply button near the bottom of the page but right above the Fast Reply box.  Please note:  Unless you click "Attach this file," you WILL NOT be able to put the photo in a spoiler, and mods will not be able to fix that for you.

Alternatively, if you use an online photo album like Photobucket, you can use the direct url and add it to your post using the Image button (it looks like a tiny Polaroid photo, with a white stripe at the bottom) on the desktop version of the site.  There have been problems with the forum wanting to post *everything* landscape, so I recommend going this route.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back