-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

When applying makeup in bathroom, what do you think best color wall is?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 21 OFFLINE   puffyamiyumifan

puffyamiyumifan

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 04-November 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:48 AM

mine is white and I am bored with it. oh, and I have olive skin tone.

was not sure if I should have posted this in "everything home related" since this is MU and Home relatedPosted Image

Thanks ladies!

#Post 2 of 21 OFFLINE   Jennifer

Jennifer

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts
  • Joined 07-March 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:46 AM

hm, i didn't think it mattered. mine's beige.

#Post 3 of 21 OFFLINE   Anyah_Green

Anyah_Green

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Joined 19-March 06

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

Mines' white too. I think it's up to you. I would rather have a color, but am new to the painting world! lol! I'm not too sure it really matters. i think the light in the room is more important than the color. I dunno if I helped any...but here's hoping I did! lol!
Loven' these ...
1.2 -B.E. Mineral foundation & Mineral Viel,
lycra Rimmel Mascara & 16 hr. Superstay lipcolor by Maybelline in Raisin

#Post 4 of 21 OFFLINE   puffyamiyumifan

puffyamiyumifan

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 04-November 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:05 PM

I just kinda thought maybe the light would reflect off of the paint color and could influence the real way my makeup looked. if it does not do something like this I was thinking of a silvery purple color.

#Post 5 of 21 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,449 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:17 PM

The color of the walls does make a difference, but in combination with the lighting. My walls are peach....big mistake. Even after switching the lighting I come out looking totally different than I thought I did when I was in my bathroom. You can tell because if you take a picture of yourself in a bathroom with white walls vs. colored walls, like mine, there is a huge difference in the photo!!

#Post 6 of 21 OFFLINE   SexxyKitten

SexxyKitten

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Joined 04-November 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

i never thought it made a difference--that the lighting was more important

21 years old--NC 15 Blue-Eyed Brunette
*Notepad Updated 6/8/06*

#Post 7 of 21 OFFLINE   Brynnaviere

Brynnaviere

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:50 PM

What kind of lighting is best then? Im about to move into a new place and the lighting is horribly yellow, so Im going to replace the bulbs, what kind should i get?
Makeup Art By Brynn
"Don't cry- your face will run"

#Post 8 of 21 OFFLINE   pieced

pieced

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:06 PM

I've thought about this sometime ago, but white is really the best, since it reflects the light as a positive effect, giving the makeup more of a natural tone. I apply my makeup in natural light, i.e, by the window...

#Post 9 of 21 OFFLINE   aMadeUp

aMadeUp

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 31-May 06

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:49 PM

Great question! I would think white would distort the appearances of colors the least...along with high-quality 'sunlight' lightbulbs.

#Post 10 of 21 OFFLINE   dentaldee

dentaldee

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

I have a beige bathroom and I think it would matter if it was green or dark pink or something like that b/c it will cast a glow on your skin.....lighting is huge too, I do my m/u by a window but yet I get to work and sometimes I look like a clown!!we have full spectrum lighting at work which is "true colour" lighting, we need it to match tooth colours.
Did you ever stop to think.................and forget to start again!!??

#Post 11 of 21 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,449 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:39 PM

I personally think I would benefit more from florescent lighting, but my last trip to Home Depot I purchased "Natural" lighting bulbs. I can't remember the brand. I'm thinking it was GE. It only made a slight difference. Instead of clear I purchased a coated bulb. On second thought, maybe it was Phillips Natural.

#Post 12 of 21 OFFLINE   dentaldee

dentaldee

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by eightthirty
I personally think I would benefit more from florescent lighting, but my last trip to Home Depot I purchased "Natural" lighting bulbs. I can't remember the brand. I'm thinking it was GE. It only made a slight difference. Instead of clear I purchased a coated bulb. On second thought, maybe it was Phillips Natural.
florescent lighting is hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't do it!!!!Your makeup is REALLY obvious and everyone has dark circles and you look green!!!!! Full spectrum lights a "special" bulbs. ....I don't know if they are readily available at HD ...but I do know they are at lighting/electrical stores!!!
Did you ever stop to think.................and forget to start again!!??

#Post 13 of 21 OFFLINE   tinypinkbubbles

tinypinkbubbles

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Joined 25-December 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:59 PM

Lighting is the most important,but pink is always flattering...

#Post 14 of 21 OFFLINE   puffyamiyumifan

puffyamiyumifan

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 04-November 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by tinypinkbubbles
Lighting is the most important,but pink is always flattering...
Seem I was thinking pink at first too, but DH was not to hip to the idea, so we sort of settled on the BEHR paint color "Silverberry" (and if you have not checked out the BEHR website I highly recommend it! I have played with it for hours! Oh and I have a window right behind the vanity so that should help if the sun is out when I am getting ready.

#Post 15 of 21 OFFLINE   jass

jass

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by dentaldee
florescent lighting is hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't do it!!!!Your makeup is REALLY obvious and everyone has dark circles and you look green!!!!!
I think that was the point. If you applied your makeup under fluoresent light your makeup would appear more natural under more forgiving light.

#Post 16 of 21 OFFLINE   KellyB

KellyB

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
  • Joined 22-April 06

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:09 AM

I have a light cream color wall. I recently changed to Reveal light bulbs. I think GE makes them. they have a much more natural light than the cheap bulbs I've always bought and I see a difference in the way I look in the daylight now. I was putting m/u on way too heavy before switching bulbs.

#Post 17 of 21 OFFLINE   BeautyQueen411

BeautyQueen411

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 18-December 05

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:13 AM

I have a light lilac purple in my room, and my make up looks perfect in there! The only light is from the window, which is natural morning light. Then I go to my sister's room, which is a warm hot coral pink, and I look darker. The light comes from the window too, but my face looks darker then my neck, but in my room I look fine. Hmm...
"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is in the light of the heart".
- kahlil gibran

#Post 18 of 21 OFFLINE   Aniger86

Aniger86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Joined 14-May 05

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:15 AM

I do my makeup in my room with light blue walls behind me... I don't think the colour of walls matter .. i'm more concerned about lighting... I like to apply my mu in natural light by the window because I think under this light, if I make a mistake, it can be spotted pretty easily...I feel nothing beats natural sunlight .. I've ever applied my mu under florasent lighting when its very early in the morning and I don't get light coming in the windows ..sometimes after application and by the time I leave the house and the sun comes out, I look in my mirror and that's when i can start seeing all the errors like too orangy foundation or too heavy blusher Posted Image but if it can't be help, i mean as in I can't get natural light, i'll just go with florasent anyway ..

#Post 19 of 21 OFFLINE   chocobon

chocobon

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts
  • Joined 15-March 06

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:44 AM

Mine's white but I apply my MU in my room Posted Image
We're just a couple of no name slobs. We belong to nobody and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other.
Breakfast at Tiffany's

#Post 20 of 21 OFFLINE   kaeisme

kaeisme

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,467 posts
  • Joined 04-November 05

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:37 AM

Any of the light cool colors, would be good...
Kae
1/2 Native American / light skin/ green eyes/ black hair/dry sensitive skin
Made With Intent