-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Help... the skin on my nose is peeling :(

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 11 OFFLINE   littlemitzik

littlemitzik

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 20-January 04

Posted 22 January 2004 - 03:39 AM

I get this every so often, but more during the winter... the skin just gets a little leathery and I end up in front of the mirror trying to peel it off :P... hellllp!

#Post 2 of 11 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 3,582 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03

Posted 22 January 2004 - 02:45 PM

Maybe try exfoliating and putting thicker layer of your face moisturizer on before bed time. A moisturizing mask after exfoliating might also help. I used to get this too when I used Clinique but not anymore after I changed my skin care routine and brand.

MakeupTalk Admin

RedenJewelry - Handmade Modern Jewelry

#Post 3 of 11 OFFLINE   Angel Baby

Angel Baby

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 12-April 05

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:52 PM

I get that if I'm sick and I'm blowing my nose a lot. Try putting on vaseline on your nose whenever you can (like after work/school, overnight, etc.).

#Post 4 of 11 OFFLINE   NYAngel98

NYAngel98

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,636 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by missyLST
hello im new and i been reading all the old post and see if i could help some people and i happend to find yours.

i had this problem befor,but my intire face was pelling.what i did was get a sour orange or lemon and rup it on your face everyday for about two days or three and the pelling should stop.night and morningPosted Image good luck.tell me how it works
Welcome Missy!!! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet ya' ! Posted Image
Helping to MakeOver the World... One Post at a Time

#Post 5 of 11 OFFLINE   Marisol

Marisol

Elite Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,697 posts
  • Joined 12-February 05

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by missyLST
hello im from FL, nice to meet ya to.and everyone elsePosted Image i love this site so far
Welcome to MUT.

My nose seems to peel a lot so what I tend to do is lightly exfoliate and use lots of moisturizer.

#Post 6 of 11 OFFLINE   sugersoul

sugersoul

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by littlemitzik
I get this every so often, but more during the winter... the skin just gets a little leathery and I end up in front of the mirror trying to peel it off :P... hellllp!
i say go for the fast n' easy way:

a few years ago i had a chemical burn, and it was peeling bad when it was heeling up. so i decided to use Biotherm AquaSource moisturizer (for oily/combination or go for Dry Skin/normal depending on ur skin type) and the thermal spa water they have enriched within the moisturizer really helped stop the peeling!

good luck girl Posted Image
Suger, Spice & Everything Nice

-remember-
"A women's dress should be like a barbed wire fence: serving it's purpose without obstructing the view."- Sophia Loren

#Post 7 of 11 OFFLINE   girl_geek

girl_geek

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:54 AM

I get that with certain acne medications or if I use too much medication on my nose. I've found that some gentle exfoliation (I use a Buf Puf brand sponge with Cetaphil bar soap to clean and exfoliate my whole face daily; you can also use Dove soap if you want more moisturizing) and Cetaphil moisturizer clears it up in a day or two. I love that Cetaphil moisturizer -- it won't clog your pores and cause acne, and it moisturizes great!

Now I just don't use all my acne medications on my nose, since I seldom get acne there anyway and the medications don't bother the rest of my face Posted Image
Acne info and NEW mu pictures in my notepad! Updated 11/19/06!Avatar created with Yahoo Avatars26 Yrs Old ~ Very Fair, Oily Skin ~ Warm Undertones ~ Blue Eyes ~ Dark Blonde Hair

#Post 8 of 11 OFFLINE   nydoll23

nydoll23

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts
  • Joined 05-May 05

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:25 PM

Id use aquapor oitment works great when i have a cold and under my nose gets dry,good luck,and WELOCME toMUt Missy-Thats my best friends name too,lolxGwendolyn from NY

#Post 9 of 11 OFFLINE   FeistyFemme

FeistyFemme

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Joined 12-December 03

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

I use Smith's Rosebud Salve when I've been sick and my nose is super peely. Sometimes my nose gets flaky for no reason, so I just slap on a little Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream and that seems to take care of it.

#Post 10 of 11 OFFLINE   girl_geek

girl_geek

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:01 PM

If it's just dry around the nostrils (like from blowing my nose too much) a lip balm like Blistex or Vaseline also works Posted Image
Acne info and NEW mu pictures in my notepad! Updated 11/19/06!Avatar created with Yahoo Avatars26 Yrs Old ~ Very Fair, Oily Skin ~ Warm Undertones ~ Blue Eyes ~ Dark Blonde Hair

#Post 11 of 11 OFFLINE   rudy

rudy

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 19-February 13

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

I had this problem for all of 2012 pretty much. It was awful and embarassing...and nothing helped.  My nose just kept peeling and it was red and raw. I tried everything, exfoliating, moisturising, and vaseline! 

Finally, I went to the dermatologist (best one according to Yelp!) and she didn't help either!  Then, one day at work I was complaining about it around a co-worker and he said matter of factly- "It's psoriasis!  Just get a jar of the coal tar psoriasis ointment from the drug store. It smells bad but it's the only thing that works."  I couldn't believe it, within a couple of days my nose was better than it had been in 12  months!  I'm so thankful and relieved I had to write about it because when I was suffering no one had the answer online.  It's true the ointment smells bad but if you use it regularly it helps.  I haven't been able to stop using it or the peeling starts again.  Psoriasis is stress related so maybe if I could eliminate the stress it would clear up...atleast I'm not stressed about my gross peely nose anymore...one step at a time :)