-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Best Drugstore Makeup!

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 92 OFFLINE   girl_geek

girl_geek

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:41 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only girl around here who can't afford department store brands all the time, so I thought I'd start a thread about the best drugstore makeup products! Please list your favorite drugstore brand products for each catagory, assuming there is a drugstore brand you like for that catagory! Also feel free to add catagories! Thanks! Posted Image

Foundation
Powder
Concealor
Eye Shadow
Mascara
Lipstick/Lipgloss
Acne info and NEW mu pictures in my notepad! Updated 11/19/06!Avatar created with Yahoo Avatars26 Yrs Old ~ Very Fair, Oily Skin ~ Warm Undertones ~ Blue Eyes ~ Dark Blonde Hair

#Post 2 of 92 OFFLINE   Haloinrverse

Haloinrverse

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Joined 17-June 04

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:49 AM

im not big on liquid foundation, but ive heard great things about loreal true match. the color selection is really large. im a hard to match color, and they dont have one for me. for pressed powders, i like jane. loreal air wear concealer is a good one. they make another one in a tube (dont know the name) thats pretty good. for eye shadow, the only ones i bother with are jane eye zings and milani e/s. theyre both really pigmented, very cheap, and come in great colors. another one of my fave brands is wet and wild. their loose glitter is great, and the blush sticks are awesome. the bronze blush stick looks and applies exactly like nars multiple in south beach. for mascara, loreal voluminous is the best, imo. no clumping or flaking. i love loreal colour juice l/g. they come in cute colors, have a great smell, and are cheap. they have LE colors all the time. cover girl makes good eye liners, but the rest of their products, especially e/s, are crap imo. maybelline wet shine diamonds l/g and l/s are good. theyre highly pigmented.

#Post 3 of 92 OFFLINE   FairyRave

FairyRave

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 12-February 04

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:04 AM

Foundation-Maybelline DMM and CG smoothers Powder-Palladio rice powder Concealer-don't use Eye Shadow-Jane eyezings, revlon wet/dry e/s, max factor, cover girl eye enhancers Mascara-almay one coat lengthening mascara and maybelline great lash Lipstick/Lipgloss-maybelline forever metallic lipstick, maybelline WSD lipstick and lipgloss, Revlon super lustrous lipgloss, sally hansen daily lip treatment, bonne bell lipsmackers, loreal colourjuice, nyc kiss gloss,
20 years old**Fashion Management Major/Fashion Merchandising Minor**Curly blonde hair**blue eyes**Mark/Avon cosmetics representative**Glitter Whore**I love makeup!

#Post 4 of 92 OFFLINE   Scarlette

Scarlette

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Joined 22-December 04

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:28 AM

Foundation: Maybelline Dream Mousse Matte, Cover Girl Continuous wear, I used to really like the Revlon Colorstay foundations, but it was too much coverage for me. Almay Sport tinted moisturizers are great. I have Max Factor Facefinity and like that a lot, but it tends to break me out just a little. Powder: Haven't found a drugstore powder that I like. I've tried MANY! Concealor: L'Oreal used to have a good one that came in a stick, but they discontinued it. Eye Shadow: L'Oreal, Prestige, Rimmel, NYC. Mascara : I hear Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara is great, I just bought it, I will have to see tomorrow. I really do like Almay One Coat thickening mascara. Lipstick/Lipgloss: NYC, Wet N' Wild, Revlon, Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds, Cover Girl Outlast. Lipgloss, I like those Cover Girl ones in the long tubes. Bronzer: Prestige XXX Bronzer
kristadior.com - Beauty Blog & Tutorials

#Post 5 of 92 OFFLINE   keaLoha

keaLoha

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:00 PM

Foundation: L'Oreal True Match (liquid); Za Powder Foundation Powder: NYC Transluscent (both loose & pressed) Concealor: WnW Concealer Stick (not sure if that's the right name) Eye Shadow: Milani or NYX Mascara: Za Waterproof & L'Oreal Voluminous Lipstick/Lipgloss: Milani l/s & Jordana l/g Blush: Milani (specifically Luminous) Bronzer: Bonne Bell Shimmer Bronze
Gail

#Post 6 of 92 OFFLINE   Joyeuux

Joyeuux

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Joined 07-July 04

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:12 PM

I don't get a lot of stuff at the drugstore anymore, but this are products that I've liked in the past: Foundation: Revlon Color Stay, as well as Neutrogena's liquid foundation Concealor: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick Eye Shadow: L'Oreal Loose Powders Mascara: L'Oreal Lash Architect Bronzer: Physicians Formula
"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." -Picasso

#Post 7 of 92 OFFLINE   CWHF

CWHF

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:36 PM

Foundation: L'Oreal True Match is great. A color to match me (best match I've found, including high end stuff) and the coverage is buildable Powder: Don't use Concealor: Don't use Eye Shadow: Revlon quads, Jane eyezings Mascara: Le Grand Curl Lipstick/Lipgloss: I hear revlon has nice glosses---I need to check them out. L'Oreal color juices are fun too. Blush: Milani
Ericka
Big MAC fan
32 years old
African American
Golden caramel skinYellow/warm undertonesCombination skin (mildly oily t-zone)Dark brown hair and eyes

#Post 8 of 92 OFFLINE   donnamaryuk

donnamaryuk

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 23-August 04

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:57 PM

Is that like a chemist brand I hate anything by Rimmel and Max Factor. Revlon is sort of ok and Maybelline is a NO NO. Leichner is a skins worst nightmare. Loreal is acceptable. But its a different standard in Europe to the USA. We get a lot more choice in Europe and can pick and choose. Like, i wouldnt normally buy from drug stores here but im really into Evian skincare at the moment as a cheap alternative to Decleor and Gatineau. Im broke so it will do instead of my usual brands. As for make up, i would never deviate from American brands . Estee Lauder has it for me at the moment. Europeans are more into anti animal testing especially in the Scands , Germany and Benilux areas.

#Post 9 of 92 OFFLINE   Haloinrverse

Haloinrverse

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Joined 17-June 04

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:00 AM

yes, drug store = chemist.

#Post 10 of 92 OFFLINE   NYAngel98

NYAngel98

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,636 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:58 AM

Foundation: Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Powder: Maybelline Pressed Powder Concealor: Max Factor Eye Shadow: Revlon Mascara: Maybelline Volum Express & L'Oreal Panoramic Curl Lipstick/Lipgloss: Covergirl & L'Oreal Blush: Maybelline Bronzer: Wet n' Wild
Helping to MakeOver the World... One Post at a Time

#Post 11 of 92 OFFLINE   Laura

Laura

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 06-May 04

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:25 AM

I don't really use many drugstore products but here are the ones i like Mascara: Rimmel Extra Super Lash Lipstick: Maybelline Water Shine Diamonds in Irridescent Pink. (i only like this because of the colour, its very drying though so i have to wear a gloss with it)

#Post 12 of 92 OFFLINE   girl_geek

girl_geek

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for the replies, girls! I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup for very long (which is why I joined this board -- to learn more) so at the moment I prefer to experiment with drug store brands, since I'd hate to buy something expensive that I didn't like! (I've already thrown out one $20 Clinique foundation that didn't match my skin tone quite right!)

So far, some products I've found that I like are L'Oreal Mattique Foundation, L'Oreal Hydra Perfect loose powder (but it may be discontinued because it's not on their website), L'Oreal Endless Liquid Lipcolor in Forever Blushing, Maybelline Great Wear eyeliner... However I'm always on the lookout for something a little better! Posted Image
Acne info and NEW mu pictures in my notepad! Updated 11/19/06!Avatar created with Yahoo Avatars26 Yrs Old ~ Very Fair, Oily Skin ~ Warm Undertones ~ Blue Eyes ~ Dark Blonde Hair

#Post 13 of 92 OFFLINE   bajanbombshell

bajanbombshell

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 03-April 09

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

foundation::maybeline dream mouse,loreal trumatch,reclon colorstay
eyeshadow:all loreal hip products
victorias secret has great glosess

#Post 14 of 92 OFFLINE   Bonita_x0

Bonita_x0

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 25-April 09

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

loreal truematch
maybelline mineral power
Colossal mascara
Covergirl eyeshadows
all hip products

#Post 15 of 92 OFFLINE   Lajja

Lajja

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 18-September 06

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay
Powder: L'Oreal True Blend
Concealor: Max Factor
Eye Shadow: NYX and Milani
Mascara: CG Lash Blast & L'Oreal Voluminous
Lipstick/Lipgloss: Maybelline Shine Seduction ( I love all the colors!)
Blush: Maybelline Mineral Power Blush
Bronzer: Never tried drugstore bronzer, but I always wanted to try L"Oreal Glam Bronze

#Post 16 of 92 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,690 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

Lol old thread

"Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future."

"Maybe you should eat makeup so you can try and be pretty on the inside, b*tch."

#Post 17 of 92 OFFLINE   PhantomGoddess

PhantomGoddess

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts
  • Joined 24-June 07

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

Foundation: Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid, Dream Matte Mousse, Sally Hansen Natural Beauty by Carmindy Your Skin Liquid foundation, Femme Couture (Sally Beauty) loose mineral foundation

Powder: Femme Couture, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, Mineral Veil (pressed), NYC

Concealer: NYX

Eye Shadow: NYX, Wet N Wild Ultimate Palettes, Mark (Avon)

Mascara: Cover Girl Lash Blast, Max Factor

Lipstick/Lipgloss: Revlon, Rimmel, Wet N Wild, NYC (lipsticks), Sally Hansen (Carmindy line)

Blush, Wet N Wild, Maybelline Mineral, Jane, Milani, NYX

#Post 18 of 92 OFFLINE   Karren

Karren

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,597 posts
  • Joined 01-June 07

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
Lol old thread
Like the oldest one I've seen pop up!
Karren on Facebook
Photos
Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society... Like we need your support!!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

#Post 19 of 92 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,690 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Karren View Post
Like the oldest one I've seen pop up!
Lol I know! 4 year old thread, yikes!

"Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future."

"Maybe you should eat makeup so you can try and be pretty on the inside, b*tch."

#Post 20 of 92 OFFLINE   PhantomGoddess

PhantomGoddess

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts
  • Joined 24-June 07

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

It's old, but it is still relevant.