-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Pimple turning into a mole

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 20 OFFLINE   blahblah900

blahblah900

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 21-August 06
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

i have a pimple that recently in one day turned from bright red into looking like a mole. It is dark now and I am very scared it might be permanent. Someone mentioned it mite be a scap that will peel off. I used murad acne spot treatment and this happened. Anyone ever had a pimple that is red turn into looking dark like a mole? I am goign to get it popped tomrmrwm but it does not feel like a pimple. I do not know what to call it. thx.

#Post 2 of 20 OFFLINE   luxotika

luxotika

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Joined 18-March 06
Reviews

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:29 AM

Oddly enough, I had a blackhead (EWWW GROSS! I KNOW) on my chin and popped it, and it turned into a mole. Not sure how it happened, I am not Einstein, but it did happen.
Luxotika

#Post 3 of 20 OFFLINE   usersassychick0

usersassychick0

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05
Reviews

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by blahblah900
i have a pimple that recently in one day turned from bright red into looking like a mole. It is dark now and I am very scared it might be permanent. Someone mentioned it mite be a scap that will peel off. I used murad acne spot treatment and this happened. Anyone ever had a pimple that is red turn into looking dark like a mole? I am goign to get it popped tomrmrwm but it does not feel like a pimple. I do not know what to call it. thx.
I have haved my deal of pimples before, but none of them have ever become moles. But, i have had spots that would be there for weeks (nothing you can do about it.)and you couple be mistaking yourself.

#Post 4 of 20 OFFLINE   blahblah900

blahblah900

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 21-August 06
Reviews

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:50 AM

it doesn;t feel like a pimple when i touch it. It is big like a skittle and is dark. Many say its the scab thing and will fall off. But the thign about this one is that it is so dark. That is why i m worried.

#Post 5 of 20 OFFLINE   korina981

korina981

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 25-January 06
Reviews

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:56 AM

it doesn;t feel like a pimple when i touch it. It is big like a skittle and is dark. Many say its the scab thing and will fall off. But the thign about this one is that it is so dark. That is why i m worried.
you can probably tell if it's a scab or a mole if you any other moles that you can compare it to. I have had dark scabs from acne which is usually because of dried blood that's so dark red, it looks black. That's kind of good because once it peels off there is a fresh clear layer of skin underneath. I'd say give it a week before worrying. As long as it doesn't get bigger I wouldn't worry about it

#Post 6 of 20 OFFLINE   graceface

graceface

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 26-May 06
Reviews

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

i have had that happen before. usually after a few month it faded, but i did exfoliate regularly- it helps to reguvenate the skin in the area. if you're really worried use a stronger exfoliant with AHA. i totally empathize with you!

#Post 7 of 20 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,449 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
Reviews

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

I've never heard of this happening, but it will certainely make me think twice next time I get a pimple. I hope you can find someone who has dealt with this scenario before.

#Post 8 of 20 OFFLINE   WhitneyF

WhitneyF

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts
  • Joined 25-May 06
Reviews

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:42 PM

I can't recall this happening to me but if it did I would visit the derm. ASAP. I hope you figure out what's going on under there. Posted Image
It's a Michael Phelps world.. we just live in it.

#Post 9 of 20 OFFLINE   blahblah900

blahblah900

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 21-August 06
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:45 AM

well she popped everything out of my face. I had a facial today. She said she poppped like 20-30 pimples out of my face. She tells me that all those marks in my face won't go away unless she did what she did today. I do not know what this process was called but she took a needle or something of that sort and popped a lot of things and lot of blood came out. Is it true that in order for those marks to go away, u must have these blackheads or w/e their called removed from the insdie?

#Post 10 of 20 OFFLINE   Little_Lisa

Little_Lisa

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,335 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:54 AM

well she popped everything out of my face. I had a facial today. She said she poppped like 20-30 pimples out of my face. She tells me that all those marks in my face won't go away unless she did what she did today. I do not know what this process was called but she took a needle or something of that sort and popped a lot of things and lot of blood came out. Is it true that in order for those marks to go away, u must have these blackheads or w/e their called removed from the insdie?
I do think it's necessary to have them removed and much safer to have your esthetician do the extractions for you. I love having facials. It hurts sometimes but no pain no gain, right?
Those that can't laugh at themselves, leave the task to others.

#Post 11 of 20 OFFLINE   blahblah900

blahblah900

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 21-August 06
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:12 AM

i actually had these red marks for 2 years now. She said i used too much products and said i should improve in a couple of months. She told me to use a cleanser for oily combination skin and a toner. Normally i use cleanser, dans benzoyl peroxide and olay moisturizer but she said i shouldnt use those items. Pretty sure everyone here moisturizes but she said dont.

#Post 12 of 20 OFFLINE   spikeyli

spikeyli

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 16-August 06
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:25 PM

I don't know, I don't like the sound of that. I would see a doctor about that, pimples are not supposed to turn into moles. I have one that's turned into a lump but it's going away, slowly I might add, if it wasn't shrinking I would be seeing a doctor by now. I also use vitamin e oil on it to help it heal, so far it's working.

#Post 13 of 20 OFFLINE   blahblah900

blahblah900

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 21-August 06
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:15 PM

well it doesn't feel like a pimple when i touch it. Looks a lot like dead skin but its brownish black

#Post 14 of 20 OFFLINE   spikeyli

spikeyli

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 16-August 06
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

well it doesn't feel like a pimple when i touch it. Looks a lot like dead skin but its brownish black
try putting some vitamin e oil on it and see if that will get rid of it. If it's brown dead skin, it's an acne scar and the oil should help. If after a month and nothing change, please go see a doctor. Better safe than sorry right?

#Post 15 of 20 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:13 AM

I had a HUGE zit on my cheek, and once it finally popped on its own, it turned into a darker brown mark. It's not as huge as the zit was, and it still feels like a bump under the skin. I recommend seeing a doctor about it if you're concerned though.
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 16 of 20 OFFLINE   goddess13

goddess13

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts
  • Joined 23-February 06
Reviews

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:25 AM

If you are really worried about, I would go to the Doctor about it Posted Image
MySpace Feel free to add me, just say where you're from
Notepad updated 15.04.08

#Post 17 of 20 OFFLINE   PrincessFrog

PrincessFrog

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 22-April 10
Reviews

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

Just for anyone else who sees this, this happened to me. I had a spot around a hair on my eyebrow, and for once I didn't pop it (its probably the only time before or since that I've left one!) and somehow it turned into a dark brown mole. Its still there, quite small and a small lump. Luckily its the same colour as my eyebrows, so only I really notice it, but it really bothered me at secondary school.

Also my ex-boyfriend once had these really ugly zits on his neck, three of them. He wouldn't let me squeeze them, somehow they also turned into moles, he had three big ugly moles on his neck for about 6 months, his mum saw them and freaked out, the doctor had a look at them and kind burned them off but he said it was more cosmetic than medical.

So it does happen!

#Post 18 of 20 OFFLINE   TheCure

TheCure

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 02-January 11
Reviews

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

I recently started noticing some pimples were turning black, I thought they could be a benign form of tumor growth.
And I already had some black birth marks, but these are different. I kept checking these new black growths and they kept growing.
After a month or more they were above the general level of the healthy skin and I could feel them with my fingers.

Fortunately, I discovered a cure.

I went on a water fast for more than 3 days. This is because it takes 3 days to go into ketosis, which starves any cancer, tumor growths that need sugar to survive where as healthy cells adapt and use fat reserves for energy during ketosis.

After 4 days I stopped the fast and miraculously, after only a single day in ketosis, I noticed on the fifth day that two of the new moles had dried up and turned into scabs. I was very happy!

However, one of them came back.. As though its starting all over again.

To me, this means that they are indeed some kind of tumor growths that need to be dealt with through a more prolonged fast.

Forget your doctor because they will not help you fast, they will try and pump you full of medicine, just water fast.

If you do some excercise on the first day of your water fast, it should help you get into ketosis more quickly.
But only exercise on the first day.

Good Luck!

#Post 19 of 20 OFFLINE   SecretStopsAcne

SecretStopsAcne

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 23-November 10
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:20 AM

I feel that scars from acne can seem like double punishment first you had to deal with the pimples, now you have marks as a reminder. After a pimple heals, it's not uncommon for it to leave behind a dark mark; the more inflamed the breakout is, the darker the mark will be.

#Post 20 of 20 OFFLINE   reesesilverstar

reesesilverstar

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,117 posts
  • Joined 24-August 07
Reviews

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:15 AM

Well that's how I got the mole on my nose. It started off as a pimple and just never went away, turned dark, and morphed into a mole.

~Sabali~