Help! My eyelashes are gone.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All the eyelashes on the top of one of my eyes have fallen out. It's been about 2 mos and they haven't grown back. I went to the dermatologist about a month ago and she wrote me a scrip for a cortosone cream (more of a vaseline base than a cream) but if anything my eye feels more itchy and irritated and is still kind of puffy. I'm starting to panic. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this? I miss wearing mascara!!
frown.gif

Do you know why they fell out in the first place? Was it an allergic reaction or something? maybe that will help someone answer your question. I hope they start to grow back soon!

Usually lashes grow back fairly soon, I wouldn't worry they may just be slow! I had my lashes permed about 4 years ago, and it looked awesome, but about 3 months later I had a huge spot of missing lashes on one of my eyes! I was so mad, they grew back, but it felt like it took forever!

i'm curious why it started, too. have you started taking medications or something? maybe you should try mavala's double lash, but i'd get it checked out again before putting anything else on it.

I'm so sorry this happened to you! I'm curious like the others, what made them fall out in the first place? Hope they grow back soon for ya.

I'm sorry to hear that dear i hope they'll grow ack looking gorgeous try the mavala double lashes a long with caster oil warme it in the oven before you apply it. Have you did any blood tests??? to make sure that everything is okay.

Thanks all, for the replies and sweet words. I'm not really sure why they fell out. I know I didn't pull them out absent-mindedly (apparently some people do, from what I've read on the web) and I've never had that condition where your hair falls out sometimes (also read about this on the web). I do remember two things that might have caused it. I remember struggling to get mascara off and thinking "this isn't good; I feel like I'm pulling out my lashes" and I also remember a day at work where my eye was itchy and I was rubbing it all day. I can't remember which eye these two things happened to though. I told my dermatologist about this and so she thought "trauma" was what caused my eyelashes to fall out, though my eyelid is puffy and I don't know if I'm imagining it but now it seems kind of itchy too. I only noticed that my lashes where gone when I went to apply mascara and there was nothing to apply it to! I guess the take-away lesson here is to handle your lashes with lots of care!!!

I'm not familiar with mavala's double lash... Though I don't know if I can use anything right now as there is nothing to apply it to!

By the way, the mascara I was having so much trouble removing was MF Lash Perfection. Anyone have a remover they like?

I had a similiar problem with Maybelline Lash Stylist. It didn't make them fall out, but it did make them break off when I tried to remove the mascara. I found that clinique take the day off works the best. And as far as lashes growing back- I was told by an MA at clinique that they recently had a class on lashes and it takes 120 days for lashes to grow back. That, my friend, is a LONG time. Hope yours come back soon!! Good Luck!

I've been using the australian version of MF's Lash Perfection (it's called Masterpiece here) and i noticed my eyelashes fell out easier. I ended up with couple of slight "bald spots" on my lash line. I don't know if MF's mascara has anything to do with it, but i've stopped using it and my lashes aren't falling out as much now.

Hope your lashes grow back soon!

Originally Posted by hissycat /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not familiar with mavala's double lash... Though I don't know if I can use anything right now as there is nothing to apply it to!
By the way, the mascara I was having so much trouble removing was MF Lash Perfection. Anyone have a remover they like?

mavala's double lash is something you apply on the base of your lashes, making sure it goes onto your skin really because that's where the hair grows from (as you already know lol).
i remember LP was a little difficult to remove, as well! i use pond's bare and repair and it works really good for me.

good luck and i hope everything turns out okay!
smile.gif

I've heard great things about Neutrogena's eye Mu remover .... maybe u could look into that ... in the meantime ... hope your lashes grow back!!

Thanks for the info. I think I will retire the MF LP. I will be too nervous to use it again! I definitely will look into the mavala stuff too. I'm willing to try anything at this point! 120 days. Yikes!!

Originally Posted by LVA /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard great things about Neutrogena's eye Mu remover .... maybe u could look into that ... in the meantime ... hope your lashes grow back!! Neutrogena's eye mu remover is fab!!

Back