-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

One nail won't grow?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 8 OFFLINE   girlnextdoor

girlnextdoor

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05
Reviews

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:19 PM

Has anyone had this weird problem? My right index fingernail is always shorter from the rest. It chips and peels much easier. I started using nail treatments and it has worked on every nail but this one. My nail polish chips from this nail a lot easier from the rest, too. I think it might come from using the computer because that is the finger I use to click the mouse. Anyone have any suggestions?

#Post 2 of 8 OFFLINE   LilDee

LilDee

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
Reviews

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:27 PM

it could chip or peel easier if you use that nail for everything.. eg: opening cans, peeling stickers off surfaces using that finger to clean the bottom of wineglasses when your whole hand doesn't fit...
all this will make your nail softer and easily breakable..
(always keep in mind your nails are jewels, not tools...)
either that, or you may have banged or damaged the finger hard in the past, and it could have effected the matrix bed (where the nail grows from)..
if the matrix bed is affected it will always cause the nail to grow differently..

if your nail chips and is brittle, you could try solar oil or another cuticle oil..
if it's more of a "peeling" break, try a nail hardner or strengthener... i definately recommend OPI's Nail Envy Posted Image

hthPosted Image

#Post 3 of 8 OFFLINE   hollyd12555

hollyd12555

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06
Reviews

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:43 PM

I would think its happening because its been injured in the past and has since been stunted...otherwise I would keep using the nail treatment and take better care of what you do with that finger Posted Image

#Post 4 of 8 OFFLINE   Jennifer

Jennifer

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts
  • Joined 07-March 05
Reviews

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by LilDee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it could chip or peel easier if you use that nail for everything.. eg: opening cans, peeling stickers off surfaces using that finger to clean the bottom of wineglasses when your whole hand doesn't fit...
all this will make your nail softer and easily breakable..
(always keep in mind your nails are jewels, not tools...)
either that, or you may have banged or damaged the finger hard in the past, and it could have effected the matrix bed (where the nail grows from)..
if the matrix bed is affected it will always cause the nail to grow differently..

if your nail chips and is brittle, you could try solar oil or another cuticle oil..
if it's more of a "peeling" break, try a nail hardner or strengthener... i definately recommend OPI's Nail Envy Posted Image

hthPosted Image
cool info! thanks!

#Post 5 of 8 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:17 PM

Great info Dee! Thanks! And you're right Holly, it's possible since the finger was previously injured it isn't growing. I've heard of that happening before!
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 6 of 8 OFFLINE   LilDee

LilDee

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
Reviews

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:21 AM

no problem, i hope it helps Posted Image

#Post 7 of 8 OFFLINE   girlnextdoor

girlnextdoor

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05
Reviews

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:57 PM

Thanks so much! That was great info. I don't recall ever injuring it but I do use it for everything so that is probably the problem.

#Post 8 of 8 OFFLINE   HaLiMa

HaLiMa

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 08-October 06
Reviews

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:50 AM

Thanks