-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Advertise with MakeupTalk

Photo

HELP! I want to apply eyelash extensions, but...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 18 OFFLINE   heidijvz

heidijvz

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 15-August 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:05 PM

I would like to apply eyelash extensions, I even purchased the Ardell DuraLash Eyelash Extension Kit. I am hesitant, though. I already have short, spars lashes (duh, why else would I want extensions!) and so I am worried that I could damage my already whimpy lashes with the glue that is used. Does anyone out there have any thoughts on this? Also, advise on application would be much appreciated! Thanks! Heidi in NC

#Post 2 of 18 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

Check out the Tutorials. There's at least two in there on applying false lashes.
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 3 of 18 OFFLINE   StereoXGirl

StereoXGirl

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,495 posts
  • Joined 09-August 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:36 PM

Are you referring to traditional false lashes or actual lash extensions? I really would not recommend doing lash extensions on your own...you could seriously damage your lashes. If you're referring to false lashes, I agree with what Aquilah said.

#Post 4 of 18 OFFLINE   heidijvz

heidijvz

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 15-August 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for your replies! Yes, they are extensions that you apply with glue to your own lashes. They are not the strips. The package claims that they are as close to natural lashes as possible and will shed like your natural lashes do. I am not really worried so much about the application, I have a pretty steady hand (though I am sure that it will be time consuming). I am more curious about others' experiences with them. Heidi

#Post 5 of 18 OFFLINE   StereoXGirl

StereoXGirl

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,495 posts
  • Joined 09-August 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

I really feel that true eyelash extensions should only be applied by professionals since they are semi-permanent. I know of other people who have caused serious damage to their lashes by trying to do it on thier own. I haven't tried them myself, though.

I wish you the best! Posted Image

#Post 6 of 18 OFFLINE   heidijvz

heidijvz

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 15-August 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:54 PM

Well, thank you for the sound advice! You have made me see reason. I have decided not to attemp them on my own. Too risky! Heidi in NC

#Post 7 of 18 OFFLINE   katrosier

katrosier

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Joined 14-October 05
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:20 PM

If you get them done by a pro, let us know how they turn out Posted Image
female, 25, Black Hair , Brown Eyes , Olive Complexion , dry acne prone skin , NC 42/43

#Post 8 of 18 OFFLINE   StereoXGirl

StereoXGirl

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,495 posts
  • Joined 09-August 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by heidijvz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, thank you for the sound advice! You have made me see reason. I have decided not to attemp them on my own. Too risky!

Heidi in NC
Sorry, I didn't mean to bully you! lol. Posted Image I just wanted to make sure that you were careful.

#Post 9 of 18 OFFLINE   miss_belle

miss_belle

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 17-August 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:36 PM

totally agree with stereoxgirl....i had eyelash extensions professially done and even then i lost a few lashes. they are fantastic when they're on but i found my lashes looked worse when i let them grow out. i dont know whether that was just because i was so used to these huge bambi lashes! have you tried mavala double lash (product i bought on the internet). this made my lashes grow big and strong again!

#Post 10 of 18 OFFLINE   neetsirk

neetsirk

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 11-August 05
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:42 PM

I will never get extensions again - I had them done by a professional and they ripped out my real lashes when the glue came off. I have 2 bald patches that are just starting to fill in - I've been using almond oil on them every night to help. I got them about 5-6 weeks ago.

#Post 11 of 18 OFFLINE   heidijvz

heidijvz

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 15-August 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:45 PM

No, StereoXgirl, I don't feel bullied at all! I totally appreciate what you had to say, cuz honestly, sometimes I get all excited about something and don't really think it through. And, Miss Belle, you mentioned mavala for your lashes. What is it, and how long did it take you to see results? Still thinking about extensions (professionally done) but think I may wait a while. Heidi in NC

#Post 12 of 18 OFFLINE   miss_belle

miss_belle

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 17-August 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:52 PM

Mavala UK - Care solutions for eyes i would say it took about 2 weeks, it says 30 days but i noticed an improvement quite quickly. most people get on really well with it. it's worth a try. actually i think there a few threads on here about mavala and other lash treatments.

#Post 13 of 18 OFFLINE   heidijvz

heidijvz

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 15-August 06
Reviews

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

Great, thanks for the info! Heidi in NC

#Post 14 of 18 OFFLINE   Nox

Nox

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts
  • Joined 10-March 06
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:26 PM

You know what...I don't think lash extensions are all that it's cracked up to be for some people. It looked fabulous the first couple days I had them on, but the thing was the glue that the professional used was down right irritating. Every time I washed my face, or my eyes would water ever so slightly...I would get the worst burning sensation in my eyes that I have ever felt. It was almost as if there was a timed-release for the fumes to keep coming from that darn glue!!! It was a whole month of torture for something that had it's optimum beauty for a couple weeks. My eyelashes also shed like crazy naturally, so of course it didn't last. I guess I might go for it again, but I will definitely have things done differently next time. For one thing, I am going to have a different glue used with no fumes!!! I was so sick of staying up all hours of the night in sheer pain due to my eye watering and getting tiny amounts of glue/fumes in it. If any of you go to have this done, and the esthetician comes at you with black glue from a little purple bottle with Japanese writing all over it....RUUUN!!!! Do not let her/him use that low quality product, you will be VERY sorry. Also, for those who are still considering this option, you may want to use a "lash coater" to seal off your lashes and prevent lint buildup at the glue site. It also keeps the extensions from coming off your lashes before they are naturally shed. Oh yes, I forgot to mention...no matter what anyone tells you, this technique works best and looks best on those who have at least a slight natural curl (lash curlers after this procedure are a NO-NO), and a medium density lash line (no sparsity).

#Post 15 of 18 OFFLINE   triciamichelle

triciamichelle

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 14-January 07
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for the cautions noxiousbyproxy. I was thinking about getting extensions done professionally too. I think I'll just stick to the strips.

#Post 16 of 18 OFFLINE   lizpeltola

lizpeltola

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Joined 22-December 06
Reviews

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:32 AM

what youre talking about is individual lashes. Ive used that brand before, its not extentions, unless they came out with something new i havent seen yet. It will maybe stay 2-3 days but it is by no means permanent.

#Post 17 of 18 OFFLINE   enyadoresme

enyadoresme

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Joined 13-January 07
Reviews

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

you know what i was thinking of eyelash extensions but now i've decided that i'll stick to the safer alternative: glue-on falsies
A lot of people could use one of these.

#Post 18 of 18 OFFLINE   eyelashextensio

eyelashextensio

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 13-July 07
Reviews

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:49 PM

is the glue toxic? what are the ingredients?