-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Extra curly eyelashes fix that WORKS!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 12 OFFLINE   doodledog

doodledog

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 05-July 06
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:37 PM

I suffer from lashes that curl way too much. I've noticed some of you have the same complaint as me and can't find any advice on how to help relax the curl so mascara looks good. After being frustrated myself, I decided to take matters into my own hands and found something that works for me and maybe for you too.

I bought an inexpensive heated eyelash curler ($7.99) and got some cheap combonation mascara (the kind that has the protein building lash base that you apply before the color with one wand and the other wand has the color for $2.99). And I bought some lash TINT (make sure it's a "tint" and not mascara).

This takes some practice, but it's not hard. I really heat up my lash curler for longer than directed, usually a few minutes. I apply the protein base and carefully use my heated curler to gently pull my lashes in an upward and outward motion, making sure not stop or they will curl and not straighten (sometimes I do this a couple of times to achieve the best straighteneing). I then apply 1 or 2 THIN coats of lash tint, let it dry and I'm good to go! Lash tint really doesn't give any volume or fullness, so I will also use regular mascara on top of the dried tint and just half way down my lashes to give a fuller look. I found if I apply too much mascara or apply it to the entire lash from the base, I will get curly-than-normal lashes again. But you can experiment, it might work different for you.

You need to do this each day, it's not permanent or even semi-permanent. But for me it's better than stubby looking lashes.

Hope this helps those of you in my situation out there!!!!

-JenniferPosted Image

#Post 2 of 12 OFFLINE   tadzio79

tadzio79

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
  • Joined 08-October 06
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:05 PM

my eyelashes are so out of whack and I was starting to get frustrated... I've been wondering aout heated eyelash curlers, I might give this a try. Thanks for the tip!

#Post 3 of 12 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

Great info! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to pass this along to my mom!
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 4 of 12 OFFLINE   doodledog

doodledog

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 05-July 06
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:07 PM

I've also experimented with using hair products like gels, pomades and waxes instead of the protein base coat. I figured hair products control and straighten hair, so why not lashes too? It works just as well. But you've got to find which products work best for you, and don't get it in your eyes. I found gel works best for me. -Jennifer

#Post 5 of 12 OFFLINE   bluebird26

bluebird26

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,126 posts
  • Joined 27-August 05
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:12 PM

Your lashes curl way too much? Give me some of that curl! lol Thanks for sharing the tip with us.

#Post 6 of 12 OFFLINE   Jennifer

Jennifer

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts
  • Joined 07-March 05
Reviews

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:03 AM

great info! thanks for the tip.

#Post 7 of 12 OFFLINE   Leony

Leony

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05
Reviews

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:44 AM

Thanks for the info!

#Post 8 of 12 OFFLINE   LVA

LVA

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,636 posts
  • Joined 28-February 06
Reviews

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:03 AM

thx for the tip .. i wish my lashes would curl too much
HGs . EDM foundation, Smashbox Primer, MAC MSF Shimpagne, MAC 187, MF LP, Chanel Incognito, Bliss Poetic Waxing Kit, CHI, Matrix Iron Smoother, HSH shampoo/conditioner,

#Post 9 of 12 OFFLINE   katrosier

katrosier

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Joined 14-October 05
Reviews

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:46 AM

Wouldn't that pull your lashes out? I have curled lashes too but I never thought of using an eyelash curler
female, 25, Black Hair , Brown Eyes , Olive Complexion , dry acne prone skin , NC 42/43

#Post 10 of 12 OFFLINE   doodledog

doodledog

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 05-July 06
Reviews

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

If you use one of the products I listed on the lashes first and while the product is still wet when you use your heated eyelash curler and you pull gently, you shouldn't pull out your lashes. I've never found it painful or lost lashes. But everyone's different and I won't say it will be exactly the same for you. I found if you don't have a product base on your lashes, the curler will tug and it will hurt. So be careful. Applying a gel or protein mascara base helps make the lashes slippery (as long as you don't let it dry out before using your curler). -Jennifer

#Post 11 of 12 OFFLINE   fausta

fausta

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-September 12
Reviews

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

Thanks for sharing hope it will help me too. But still i don't know how to get it since am in Africa and i wish to buy it online, any advice on which website should i check.... please.

#Post 12 of 12 OFFLINE   Amarah

Amarah

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 24-July 12
Reviews

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

Wow i wish my eyelashes would curl that much!! Ive never heard of curly lashes being a problem before!