My hands are so dry and they are starting to look old and wrinkled. What can I do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Q: My hands are so dry and they are starting to look old and wrinkled. What can I do?

A: You may hesitate to reveal your true age, but your hands will often give it away. But don't despair—you can turn back time thanks to the bevy of rejuvenating hand care products. Rule number one: Treat the skin on your hands with the same care as the skin on your face. Since hands have thinner skin, fewer oil glands, and are as susceptible to the sun as our faces, they tend to show signs of aging first. During the day, hydrate and protect hands from sun damage and sunspots with a protective cream containing SPF and antioxidants. At night, repair them with creams formulated from glycolic acid—a must for improving skin texture and tone. For a more intensive nighttime treatment, apply cream and then cover hands with gloves or socks. Your body heat helps the cream sink deeper into the skin—and you'll wake up with the baby-soft hands to prove it.

Source

Hi, Thanks for posting the article. You should always wear gloves when washing dishes or immersing your hands in water while cleaning your home. Also use warm water never hot when cleaning your hands.

Great topic! I've recently started using Burt's Bees Hand Regimen with the hand repair cream and little bee gloves at night, and I've noticed such a huge improvement.

Have you ever tried the Bliss Spa Glamour Gloves? They are amazing...slap in a THICK cream, slip on the gloves before bed, and you'll wake up with supersoft hands! yay!

Thanks for the info Marisol! I've found MK Satin Hands works well, but a cheaper and one-step alternative is Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Therapy (I use Summer Hill scented).

Back