-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

How to become less Passive?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 15 OFFLINE   dizzy_lizzy

dizzy_lizzy

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:03 PM

I was reading a post on Makeupalley, by a 27 y/o who feels too passive "I feel like I have been too passive all my life - with my career, friends, family, etc. I'm tired of being this limp rag of a person who never does scary things or takes risks because she's scared of the consequences. I was never pushy or aggressive at work and rarely ask for what I want. How to start to break out of being like this? Sometimes I feel like I am just letting life pass me by while I wait for something to happen." I'm only 15 and I have time to do something about it before I miss out on too much. Any ideas?? I'm naturally a SUPER SUPER SUPER DUPER SHY person. lol. I have social and friend issues...so yeah. I want to learn how to become less doormat, take action, and in general not be so freaking shy!!! :(
~loves Snape~

#Post 2 of 15 OFFLINE   pla4u

pla4u

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • Joined 03-August 05
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:22 PM

Well to overcome shyness can be tough, I think you will just have to force yourself to be a little more open and talk, ask questions, take an intrest in what the people around you are doing, Many young people feel they are shy, please dont make the mistake so many others do and start leaning on drugs and alcohol, that really doesnt help, after school activitys , are good . if you are a church goer many churches have some excelent youth groups that go on yearly trips and have some cool activities,, you just have to find your nitch,,,oh and the more edgucated you get, like college stuff really can help too its true knolege is power.
You Guys Are The BEST!

#Post 3 of 15 OFFLINE   dizzy_lizzy

dizzy_lizzy

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:25 PM

thanks you're sweet :)
~loves Snape~

#Post 4 of 15 OFFLINE   tadzio79

tadzio79

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
  • Joined 08-October 06
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:38 PM

ditto what paula said! it obviously will not happen overnight, it will take a lot of effort and lots of tries on your part to become more confident about yourself and to be able to assert yourself to others. Best of luck to you sweetie!

#Post 5 of 15 OFFLINE   dizzy_lizzy

dizzy_lizzy

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

ty :)
~loves Snape~

#Post 6 of 15 OFFLINE   pla4u

pla4u

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • Joined 03-August 05
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:46 PM

he he I talk about being more educated and I look at my spelling...gosh...enbarasing..
You Guys Are The BEST!

#Post 7 of 15 OFFLINE   dizzy_lizzy

dizzy_lizzy

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05
Reviews

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:16 AM

lol! thats fine! :)
~loves Snape~

#Post 8 of 15 OFFLINE   missnadia

missnadia

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 23-October 06
Reviews

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:21 AM

Gaaaah!!!!!! I WROTE A WHOLE PARAGRAPH AND IT DISAPPEAREDDDDDDDD :screams:

#Post 9 of 15 OFFLINE   dizzy_lizzy

dizzy_lizzy

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05
Reviews

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:24 AM

oh no :(
~loves Snape~

#Post 10 of 15 OFFLINE   pla4u

pla4u

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • Joined 03-August 05
Reviews

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:26 AM

that happend to me too earlier when I was posting on the games form...I thought I was going crazy!!!
You Guys Are The BEST!

#Post 11 of 15 OFFLINE   missnadia

missnadia

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 23-October 06
Reviews

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:30 AM

So... take two...... As I was saying... I used to have that problem.. being really shy and passive and feeling pretty much like an "observer" in life rather one of the few who stir up the crap around.... until wisdowm dawned on me that I realized that 98% of other peoples' opinions were just as valid as mine (silly thing, an opinion is by definition valid, you just gotta know how to defend it).. So I started paying closer and closer attention to what other people were saying and realized that most of them were idiots who pretended to know everything but in reality knew nothing anyway (watch, you'll find our for yourself!!!), and that really.. things were ohhhhhhhhh soooo SOOO much better MY WAY!! ... umm of course the downside of this is that it led to other issues.. such a superfluous ego and a superiority complex and just being difficult in general.. but I'd much rather deal with this former set of issues than the latter :D But life's all about equilibrium, and hopefully you can find yours.

#Post 12 of 15 OFFLINE   dizzy_lizzy

dizzy_lizzy

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05
Reviews

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:33 AM

hehe thanks :)
~loves Snape~

#Post 13 of 15 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:08 AM

Believe it or not, I was shy until about 17 y.o.! Yep, didn't speak to anyone unless they spoke to me first... Then, it was like I just let loose and talked to almost anyone! I don't know how it happened, but it did. I just woke up one morning like a little chatterbox! Paula gave great advice though!
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 14 of 15 OFFLINE   dizzy_lizzy

dizzy_lizzy

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05
Reviews

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:36 PM

LOL! I wonder if that would ever happen to me. I was amazingly talkative until I was about 5. Then for the past 10 years I've just become more and more introverted :-/
~loves Snape~

#Post 15 of 15 OFFLINE   jeansguyokc

jeansguyokc

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Joined 21-October 06
Reviews

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:36 AM

I agree with Paula