Clinique vs. Lancome vs. EL vs. Anyone else! (long post)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in the midst of experimenting with potential bridal looks for my upcoming wedding (it's in September, so I still have time -- I'm just antsy :vogel: ). So, I'm on the hunt for a good liquid foundation that will give absolutely flawless coverage and will last a long time, through sweat and tears and lots of kissing and hugging. Also, it can NOT have SPF in it whatsoever (SPF + photographer flash = white glow on face = not pretty).

Since I live in a po-dunk university town and don't feel like driving for any long length of time to get to a full-blown mall of sorts, I am sort of limited in what brands I can get. The local Elder Beerman has a Clinique, Lancome, and Estee Lauder makeup counter (sad, I know.) I also have full access to drugstore brands.

However! I am almost as pale as you can get. I put the P in Pale Porcelain Princess. :laughing: I'm not ghost white, but most foundations are too dark for me. Even my beloved American Beauty's lightest shade is too dark! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was using Max Factor's long lasting foundation, but I find that it's just "meh" lately. I want something better. I'm also tempted to try L'Oreal's True Match, since I really like their powder -- it actually blends with my skin for a change, instead of just sitting on it like flour.

But, I just wanted to check with you ladies and see if there were any other recommendations before I go on the hunt. Like I said, I still have loads of time. I'm just getting all girlie -- plus, it's an excuse to play with makeup. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> TIA!!!

I like lancome foundations...they have many different shades so you might actually be able to find a match.. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also like Lancome (but a lot of girls here don't, I guess u'll have to test and see what works for u)

Estee Lauder Double Wear gets raves from the girls here (i tried it and hate it... gave waay too much coverage and felt realli uncomfortable on my face)

Revlon ColorStay - It's a realli nice drugstore foundation. And like the name implies ... it has great staying power, and coverage

edit: I forgot to say my Congrats on getting married :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ... so .. congrats ... wishing u guys years of happiness

Back