-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Advertise with MakeupTalk

Photo

Best cleanser and moisturizer for sensitive rosacea skin?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 7 OFFLINE   makeupchick

makeupchick

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 02-October 06
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:32 AM

hi i have rosacea skin that gets irritated to most products. i can only use simple stuff on my face like ointments , petrolatum and other products with few ingredients i guess. im currently using johnson's head to toe baby wash for face and a hydrocortisone ointment as a moisturizer. The ointment helps get rid of the redness and rashes on my face alil but isnt the best with my dry skin plus its too oily. it feels like i have oily skin ontop of dry skin..if that made any sense.. im wondering what other cleansers and moisturizers are good for people with extreme sensitive skin. thanks for the help girls!

#Post 2 of 7 OFFLINE   susanks1

susanks1

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:42 AM

Cetaphil is what my dermatologist recommended for my sensitive skin. If you want to try natural products, Sevi cosmetics is really good. I just got done using a bottle of buckthorne lotion and it was really nice.

#Post 3 of 7 OFFLINE   alice_alice

alice_alice

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 29-April 06
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:53 AM

i think Eucerin is recommeneded for very sensitive skin. it doesn't contain any fragrance. hth

#Post 4 of 7 OFFLINE   patsluv

patsluv

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Joined 08-March 06
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

I also like Eucerin. I like the Sensitive Gentle Hydrating Cleanser. They also have a line Redness Relief that helps reduce redness on the skin.

#Post 5 of 7 OFFLINE   xkatiex

xkatiex

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Joined 27-February 06
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:01 PM

Eau Thermal Avene! this is the best brand and its worked for my flushing face! I use the extremely gentle cleanser, even though your ment to tissue it off I rinse it of and then I finish of with a spritz of Avene Thermal water spray... then pat my face with a cotton bud. I'm not joking I hardly flush anymore and the blotchy redness on my face has decreased by about 70%! x

#Post 6 of 7 OFFLINE   Becka

Becka

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
  • Joined 28-December 05
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:04 PM

that really sucks, i hope you find something that works. i have sensitive skin and have been having good luck with cetaphil. not sure if you're using hydrocortisone under medical advice, but i got told by a doc once that overuse of hydcortisone actually thins the skin

#Post 7 of 7 OFFLINE   Leza1121

Leza1121

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,213 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

Hi,

Here's the link to our Official Rosacea Thread.

Good luck. Posted Image
You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Ghandi