-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Mascara that doesn't weigh lashes down?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 18 OFFLINE   susan111

susan111

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06
Reviews

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

There probably is a thread similar to this already, but I did a search and couldn't find anything. So yeah, can anyone recommend a mascara that doesn't weigh lashes down? My lashs are are stick straight and i use a eyelash curler which makes them really curly, but after I put on mascara, it will start going down again...:kopfkratz: I know waterproof works, but it's just sooo much hassel having to take it off! Thanks!

#Post 2 of 18 OFFLINE   KristinB

KristinB

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Joined 04-December 05
Reviews

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

I use Max Factor Lash Lift. I curl my lashes and then put that on. It straigtens them slightly but they still look curled.

#Post 3 of 18 OFFLINE   agostina1

agostina1

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 13-September 06
Reviews

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:43 PM

Kiss mascara - it's a Japanese line and it works really well. I buy it on line.

#Post 4 of 18 OFFLINE   jdepp_84

jdepp_84

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts
  • Joined 15-April 05
Reviews

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:53 PM

I have the same problem, the only thing that kind of works for me is curling them 1st, the putting mascara then curling them again. But yes, they still go down. I've heard NYC curling mascara is good, aslo sky high curves. I love BadGal in blue and Too Faced Lash Injection. I guess it depends in my mood or soemthing, because one day they will be awesome and super curled for the whole day and the next...well....:(
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up."

#Post 5 of 18 OFFLINE   susan111

susan111

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06
Reviews

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:44 AM

Thanks for your help girls! I want to try sky high curves and badgal, infact, I want to try all of them! My poor wallet...

#Post 6 of 18 OFFLINE   ienjoymakeup

ienjoymakeup

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 23-June 05
Reviews

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:49 AM

My favorite mascara is Maybelline Full n Soft. I always end up going back to it. It doesn't hold my curl down at all. I've also tried BadGal and loved it.

#Post 7 of 18 OFFLINE   mehrunissa

mehrunissa

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Joined 03-February 06
Reviews

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint, but it's a very natural finish. MaxFactor Lash Perfection works great, as long as I wipe off the excess first.

#Post 8 of 18 OFFLINE   SierraWren

SierraWren

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Joined 29-July 05
Reviews

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:28 PM

Dior Unlimited or Diorshow mascara; Prescriptives False Eyelashes

#Post 9 of 18 OFFLINE   sweetstax3

sweetstax3

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 02-April 07
Reviews

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

any mascara with waterproof formula will do the trick. since they have more wax in it. try maybelline's lash stylist or volum' express turbo boost, both have waterproof version.
My HG's : Aspirin mask, Nivea moisturizing toner, Olay 7x effects vitamin moisturizer, RMK creamy-base primer, EDM foundation, MAC studio mist blush, Bobbi Brown gel liner - chocolate shimmer, Bobbi Brown everything mascara, Shu Uemura eyelash curler, Too Faced lip injection.

#Post 10 of 18 OFFLINE   han

han

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06
Reviews

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

ITA^ prescriptives false eyelash is really light weight and doesnt weigh your lashes down prescriptives lash envy is awsome too cause its heavy enough to hold the curl but light enough to not weigh it down.. did that make sense:vogel:

#Post 11 of 18 OFFLINE   girl_geek

girl_geek

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04
Reviews

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

Maybelline Sky High Curves is the best non-waterproof drugstore mascara I've tried for keeping my lashes curled! (I've never tried a department store brand so I don't know how they compare...)
Acne info and NEW mu pictures in my notepad! Updated 11/19/06!Avatar created with Yahoo Avatars26 Yrs Old ~ Very Fair, Oily Skin ~ Warm Undertones ~ Blue Eyes ~ Dark Blonde Hair

#Post 12 of 18 OFFLINE   Ashley

Ashley

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Joined 13-February 07
Reviews

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:48 PM

I have this problem too, when the mascara's formula is too "wet". Full n Soft works great for me. CG's Volume Exact is fine too. My favorite to use with Full and Soft is Imju's Fiberwig for a bit of length. Lash Injection also doesn't weigh my lashes down. Maybelline's Define-a-lash is okay. If you have a weighing down problem, avoid Loreal Telescopic! Hope that helps!

#Post 13 of 18 OFFLINE   yumemiru

yumemiru

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 21-April 07
Reviews

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:34 PM

I curl my lashes. put on primer then immediately put the mascara on and it holds a lot better,doesn't weight down.
what is love? Love is trust another with all you have, love is believing in that person completely. Love is ...

#Post 14 of 18 OFFLINE   jdepp_84

jdepp_84

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts
  • Joined 15-April 05
Reviews

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:59 AM

Really ? I tried the primer thing but it only makes my lashes worse:(
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up."

#Post 15 of 18 OFFLINE   StudioSila

StudioSila

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 09-August 06
Reviews

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:47 PM

I like the wet n wild protein mascara in blac for my self- it works pretty well for me and doesnt weigh down my lashes or when used with fake ones. I give about 5 mins between curling the lashes and applying mascara or they tend to look shorter.
'The artistry of light and hue'

#Post 16 of 18 OFFLINE   yumemiru

yumemiru

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 21-April 07
Reviews

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

Sometimes it depends on the type of primer you have on. I use the Shiseido one It's quite expensive, but it works wonder on asian lashes. My are short, straight and downward instead of curvy up. ;)
what is love? Love is trust another with all you have, love is believing in that person completely. Love is ...

#Post 17 of 18 OFFLINE   susan111

susan111

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06
Reviews

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:05 PM

Thanks so much everyone for your inputs! I have so many stuff I've got to try now, and the Shiseido primer is seriously tempting me... By the way, how is Rimmel's volume flash? I've heard it holds a curl really well, and it's so cheap.

#Post 18 of 18 OFFLINE   _natty

_natty

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 24-April 07
Reviews

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:22 PM

i use fasio mascara (i think its Japanese) Fasio>Products>Eye mine is the "power stay 3D + air tech - curl volume". i need the volume as my lashes are long but thin! HTH :)
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance!