-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Eye, inside corner hairs.....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 9 OFFLINE   CubNan

CubNan

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Joined 15-September 06
Reviews

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:35 AM

Has anyone done or read about plucking the hairs on the inside corner of the eye? I don't think I'd call them eyelashes because they're neither on the top or bottom. Even tho, others don't notice them, I do and I plucked them this weekend. I can see the difference, but my BF can't. Nan

#Post 2 of 9 OFFLINE   Jessica

Jessica

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06
Reviews

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:18 AM

Thats so funny...i thought i was the only one who thought about plucking them. I have plucked one or two but to be honest with you i dont think they're ment to be plucked. There's gotta be a reason they're there in the first place...like protecting the eye????hmmmPosted Image Not really sure though

#Post 3 of 9 OFFLINE   WhitneyF

WhitneyF

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts
  • Joined 25-May 06
Reviews

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:55 AM

I've seen those little jokers when using my magnifying mirror and wondered what they were for. They probably have a purpose and protect your eye somehow, so I wouldn't pluck them. You wouldn't wanna get an eye infection or something. Posted Image
It's a Michael Phelps world.. we just live in it.

#Post 4 of 9 OFFLINE   Kathy

Kathy

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,130 posts
  • Joined 02-March 06
Reviews

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:41 PM

I just am not comfortable putting a pair of tweezers that close to my cornea! The hairs are not so bothersome that I can't live with them. JMO...

#Post 5 of 9 OFFLINE   charish

charish

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Joined 25-November 05
Reviews

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

funny i have them too, but i don't bother with them, they don't bother me and i can't see them unless i'm putting on my mascara.

#Post 6 of 9 OFFLINE   Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,525 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Reviews

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

I have cut my lower eyelashes a few times. They are really long and have no colour. My upper eyelashes are dark brown/black and curl naturally. For makeup purposes, cutting my eyelashes is a good idea. But I plucked once and it was too painful.

#Post 7 of 9 OFFLINE   katrosier

katrosier

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Joined 14-October 05
Reviews

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:37 PM

I'm pretty sure its there to protect your eye so I wouldnt pluck it. My lashes are naturally curled but I have this one eyelash that grows straight down, I plucked it twice , the first time was fine but the second time I ended up with this hard painful lump at the base of my lashes.
female, 25, Black Hair , Brown Eyes , Olive Complexion , dry acne prone skin , NC 42/43

#Post 8 of 9 OFFLINE   Retro-Violet

Retro-Violet

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  • Joined 05-November 05
Reviews

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by kaville View Post
I just am not comfortable putting a pair of tweezers that close to my cornea! The hairs are not so bothersome that I can't live with them. JMO...
i totally agree wtih this statement.

#Post 9 of 9 OFFLINE   Retro-Violet

Retro-Violet

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  • Joined 05-November 05
Reviews

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by kaville View Post
i compeltly agree with this statement.