-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Where can I buy kaolin clay??

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 29 OFFLINE   fishchick72

fishchick72

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:47 PM

I see it at TKB, but they have a minimum order of $15 required.........is there anywhere else I can it??

I looked at ebay & the shipping is outrageous, always is on ebay IMO.
*My HG's: UDPP; Lure Beauty Y7 & B4 foundation/Veil C; roux eyebrow tint; LB, EDM & OMC blush & eye shadows/liners; Terra tints & gloss; Retin-A gel; Skinceuticals face wash & mask.

#Post 2 of 29 OFFLINE   AngelaGM

AngelaGM

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,044 posts
  • Joined 07-June 06
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

Hmmm try www.fromnaturewithlove.com and if you want a great facial mask, try www.vitaminshoppe.com

#Post 3 of 29 OFFLINE   emily_3383

emily_3383

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,287 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:15 PM

did you check coastalscents?

#Post 4 of 29 OFFLINE   fishchick72

fishchick72

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:55 PM

thanks, I ordered from coastal scents..........although I'm worried about how much 1 lb of it is gonna be, LOL!! I hope it works as I think I might have a lifetime supply of it now!! I just want to use it as a primer to help with oil control.

the ones from "fromnaturewithlove" were all colored & I was worried they might not work for me cuz of that
*My HG's: UDPP; Lure Beauty Y7 & B4 foundation/Veil C; roux eyebrow tint; LB, EDM & OMC blush & eye shadows/liners; Terra tints & gloss; Retin-A gel; Skinceuticals face wash & mask.

#Post 5 of 29 OFFLINE   AngelaGM

AngelaGM

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,044 posts
  • Joined 07-June 06
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:04 AM

LOL I forgot about Coastal Scents. Thanks for a new site to add to my favorites=)

#Post 6 of 29 OFFLINE   fishchick72

fishchick72

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:38 AM

I've never ordered from them before...............looks like they carry a lot of stuff.

#Post 7 of 29 OFFLINE   sat-chit-ananda

sat-chit-ananda

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Joined 26-April 07
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:42 AM

You can get it from Sweetscents' eBay store, SnowmanDCE*Bare Minerals*Fun Things at $4.99 an ounce eBay Australia: KAOLIN CLAY COSMETIC GRADE POWDER BARE MINERAL MAKEUP (item 260084742011, end time 08-Jul-07 12:45:51 AEST).

#Post 8 of 29 OFFLINE   nevada cat

nevada cat

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 08-June 07
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:43 PM

You may be able to find it locally at an herbal shop, the kind of shop that sells dried herbs, vitamins, and such. I called a few before I found one that stocked clays.

#Post 9 of 29 OFFLINE   ivette

ivette

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,685 posts
  • Joined 12-November 05
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:35 PM

i would try a health food store

#Post 10 of 29 OFFLINE   mineralcraze

mineralcraze

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 31-May 07
Reviews

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:54 AM

i bought from a 1lb bag of kaolin clay too.
sometimes i mix it with water and use it as a mask.
crazy over mmu!

#Post 11 of 29 OFFLINE   jamillahnj

jamillahnj

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 12-June 07
Reviews

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

Have You Heard Of The Conservitory.com They Will Have Evrything You Need And The Price's Aren't Bad Either..
Costal Scent Is Another One...
There Are A Few That Sell This Stuff Mybe You can Google It ..Ok
Jamillah

#Post 12 of 29 OFFLINE   fishchick72

fishchick72

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
Reviews

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

Just wanted to update that I received my order a few days ago & I am LOVING the kaolin clay, I put it on under my MMU & it really keeps me oil free for most of the day!!

#Post 13 of 29 OFFLINE   LisaLu

LisaLu

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Joined 06-April 07
Reviews

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:39 AM

Yup. My skin loves it too! Glad it is working!

#Post 14 of 29 OFFLINE   katnahat

katnahat

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Joined 20-March 07
Reviews

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by fishchick72 View Post
Just wanted to update that I received my order a few days ago & I am LOVING the kaolin clay, I put it on under my MMU & it really keeps me oil free for most of the day!!
Glad it's working for you! Kaolin Clay is awesome. It is in my foundation and finishing powder. It makes a world of difference with oily skin.

**Side Note: Kaolin Clay is in Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. I've use it for years. I read the ingredients the other day and saw "Kaolin Clay". The mask is amazing and I bet the Kaolin in it is a BIG reason why. Oh, it's also in their "Mud Mask". It's really good too! I love Queen Helene!
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.
Kat ^-^

Hatter!

#Post 15 of 29 OFFLINE   fishchick72

fishchick72

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
Reviews

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

yeah, kaolin clay is in my mario badescu drying mask that I love. I couldn't live without that mask!

#Post 16 of 29 OFFLINE   coocoo4coco

coocoo4coco

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Joined 30-November 06
Reviews

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:34 PM

Hi all - I also purchased Kaolin Clay a while back and have been using it (straight up now that it's summer) as my "finishing dust." It works great. I don't look "chalky" nor does it make me look "Casper" white . I purchased mine at Soapies on line. I'd attach the link but I'm really busy at work. In fact, this is the first time I've been able to drop in for months! I too thought that a pound was an awful lot - but now that I'm using it as a finishing powder (great as a primer too) I don't think it's so much. The price was fantastic too - I only paid about $5.00 or so dollars. Be sure you get the "cosmetic grade" whenever you purchase it. I think that it might be milled a bit finer. I do know that it's fantastic for your skin - and of course it's used in a lot of soaps.

Gotta go guys - I'll drop in again when I get the chance,

CooCoo

#Post 17 of 29 OFFLINE   Lia

Lia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • Joined 17-January 06
Reviews

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:12 PM

I'm happy right now - you've been preaching the good things about kaolin clay and i FINALLY found where to buy it on my city - and the best thing - IT'S NEAR HOME! I'm so happy - finally i can make my powder better on controlling the oily face !

#Post 18 of 29 OFFLINE   purpleShika

purpleShika

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 16-June 07
Reviews

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

hmmm....you got me! let me see where i could find them here. wish me luck! thanks for this thread.

#Post 19 of 29 OFFLINE   Lia

Lia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • Joined 17-January 06
Reviews

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:39 PM

Here it sells on cosmetics stores

#Post 20 of 29 OFFLINE   fishchick72

fishchick72

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
Reviews

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

wow, that's great that you can find it close to home!!