Jump to content

-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

why am I breaking out on ONE cheek only?


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 10 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:45 AM

this is weird-my left cheek has always been more prone to breakouts, but since last week I got 3 big breakous on my left cheek which all left red bumpy spots after they healed.

ok I have been eating bad lately (lots of sugar and fat and no veggies and only little fruits), but why is only ONE cheek affected? makes no sense to me.

it can´t be a certain kind of makeup, like blush, cause no makeup/skin care product ever broke me out, my skin is not that sensitive. and I don´t have my period, still on the same birth control pill that used to make my skin look better.

am I a freak? *lol* Posted Image

#Post 2 of 10 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by mousehouse
Do you sleep on that side of your face? I have the same problem on my right cheek because I sleep with that side of my face on the pillow. I hafta change the pillow case every few days to prevent breakouts. Hope this helps. MH
hm...never thought of that before. I´m not sure on which side I sleep more often cause I turn around a million times at night, I´m such a nervous sleeper *lol*
....off to wash my pillowcase...Posted Image

#Post 3 of 10 OFFLINE   Director

Director

    MuT Babysitter

  • Administrators
  • 22,529 posts
  • Joined 22-October 03
Reviews
  • Location:Huntington Beach, CA

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by mousehouse
Do you sleep on that side of your face? I have the same problem on my right cheek because I sleep with that side of my face on the pillow. I hafta change the pillow case every few days to prevent breakouts. Hope this helps. MH
Welcome to MakeupTalk mousehouse!

facebook-projectmgr2.png
 
Need Help? Hit our Tech Support Forums


#Post 4 of 10 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gypsy
Another thing you may consider is your hair. I always tuk my hair behind my ear on one side of my face but not the other. The side I dont tuk always breaks out more.
good theory but for me it´s the other way round. I tuck my hair back at the left side and my left cheek breaks out. but maybe it´s cause I keep touching my cheek when I tuck my hair back (I do that a lot actually and I wear my hair down almost always).
and I do rest my head on my left hand a lot (so my hand touches my left chin a lot).
maybe that could be the reason Posted Image

#Post 5 of 10 OFFLINE   Liz

Liz

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,574 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:40 PM

i have the same problem arielle. my right cheek keeps breaking out. i think it is from sleeping on my right side though.

i gotta go to a dermatologist though. i finally called the dermatologist my bf recommended, and he only sees skin cancer patients now Posted Image
Liz

#Post 6 of 10 OFFLINE   Marisol

Marisol

    Elite Club

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,697 posts
  • Joined 12-February 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:38 PM

What about the phone? Do you clean your phone every once in a while? I was breaking out on my left cheek and the left side of my chin. Now I clean my phones (work, cell & at home) and don't seem to have that problem as often.

#Post 7 of 10 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Marisol
What about the phone? Do you clean your phone every once in a while? I was breaking out on my left cheek and the left side of my chin. Now I clean my phones (work, cell & at home) and don't seem to have that problem as often.
great idea-there seem to be so many things I didn´t think of. ok now I´m gonna wash my pillow case AND clean my cell phone every other day. Thanks!!!!

#Post 8 of 10 OFFLINE   spazbaby

spazbaby

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Joined 24-April 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2005 - 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Arielle
this is weird-my left cheek has always been more prone to breakouts, but since last week I got 3 big breakous on my left cheek which all left red bumpy spots after they healed.

ok I have been eating bad lately (lots of sugar and fat and no veggies and only little fruits), but why is only ONE cheek affected? makes no sense to me.

it can´t be a certain kind of makeup, like blush, cause no makeup/skin care product ever broke me out, my skin is not that sensitive. and I don´t have my period, still on the same birth control pill that used to make my skin look better.

am I a freak? *lol* Posted Image
It is most likely that you either sleep on or are prone to touching that side of your face more often than the other. I have that problem with my chin...from being in school, sitting in classes where I was holding my chin in my hand. It's always been my worst breakout zone.

#Post 9 of 10 OFFLINE   destiny

destiny

    Devotee

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

also, if you are driving in a car daily, it could be from the sun. (if you don't wear a sunscreen) the sun usually hits your left cheek, since it is so close to the window. also, I have heard that the damage from sunrays through windows is sometimes even worse. just like when you are in the water. :icon_love
"A man cannot know his destiny, he can only do what he can, until his destiny is revealed."

#Post 10 of 10 ONLINE   Reija

Reija

    MuT Mom

  • Administrators
  • 4,725 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:06 PM

I get the same thing on my right cheek and I think it's because I sleep mostly on the right side. Lately it's been looking better though. I don't know why. I didn't do anything different.

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
I also make Handmade jewelry








  • 2,288,504 Posts
  • 104,485 Members
  • 18,320 Reviews
  • 53,975 Albums