BE - Mineral Veil, how to use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought this, and I'm not too sure how to use it.. I tried to do a search but nothing really came up. Can someone do a tutorial and direct me to it? Or just post up some tips up here!

And what are Mineral Veils initially suppose to be used for?

TIA!

You just do a light dusting of the veil on top of your foundation to finish the look and keep the makeup on longer... Use a large flluff brush as you would apply regular loose powder.

That is what I use it for to finish and set my makeup. It works really well. You can add more throughout the day too if you have an oily face or if you take a nap before you pick the kids up and you need to refresh like me, lol.

Keep in mind that the Mineral Veil, because of the cornstarch content, has a finite shelf-life unlike other mineral makeup products. It's basically designed to control oil and set your mineral foundation. You can either try using it as a primer AND a setting powder, or just a setting powder.

It keeps oilies at bay but some people (like me, even though my skin is oily) don't find they actually need it.

It is used to finish off or to set your makeup and to control oil. You can use after you apply your makeup (and before if you wish) and throughout the day as needed to create a nice finish and control oil.

That depends on how you want to use it. Applied after foundation, the powders will aid in oil absorption, as well as add a smooth, finished touch to your look.

They can be used as "face powders" for women who need very light coverage, used in place of foundation.

To apply, start at the hairline and swirl onto your face in a circular motion, over the cheekbone and towards the nose. It is best if you work from the hairline towards the nose with any mineral you use. Start with a little and use more if needed.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif You just do a light dusting of the veil on top of your foundation to finish the look and keep the makeup on longer... Use a large flluff brush as you would apply regular loose powder. That's what I do too! I really like it! Check out my reviews. I did one on it.

Mineral veil also refracts light & can be used to further hide pores, fine lines for a 'soft focus' finish. It also can be used to 'tone down' a too intense color or just make color appear lighter, more matte, reduces shimmer. I also use it to help me blend an intense color such as blush, I'll dip my brush in a bit of veil before dipping into my color..helps it go on more blended look, less chance of applying too much. I've also seen a BE tip that veil can be dusted on the lashes prior to mascara to help 'plump' them up. I've never tried this though.

i use it as a primer on my shiny nose, then to set my makeup after i've applied my foundation. i also like to use it to tone down a bit my blush when i've put too much.

use a big brush and dust it all over your face, everywhere you put mineral foundation.

Uh, i just found out that i bought the Mineral Veil with the shimmer in it.. =/!

yeah there is.. i guess i picked up the wrong one.. oh well.

guess i'll have to learn to work with this one. maybe as a blush?

it is just a very very very light shimmer.. the shade/colour is Feather Light.

I love Mineral Veil! It's good to finish the look and prevent your face to look oily.

Some people like to buff Mineral Veil before and after applying foundation.

I like to use it only after my foundation is set.

It's very light, very soft. Feels great and you can apply it as many times as you want during the day.

If you bought the shimmery one, maybe you could use it to highlight your cheekbones and bridge of your nose.

I use it before AND after BE foundation. It makes the foundation go on a lot smoother and evener than if put on bare, moisturized skin. It also seems to make my whole made-up face last longer.

Is there anything similar to BE Mineral Veil in other MMU brands?

Back