Finishing Powder - Do you use it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was curious to see if you use a finishing powder or not. I'm really not seeing a major difference if I use it or not. What's the purpose anyway? I'm actually using one as a primer, which I'm liking a whole lot better.

I use AN's Beige Glow Finishing Powder. It doesn't literally "glow" and it doesn't sparkle but it gives a nice creamy finish. It gives what is described as a "soft focus" finish. I don't know how to describe it. I know I can definitely tell a differnce if I don't use it. For me, it completes my look.

I use Centerfold by Valerie over a blush every day
smile.gif

Yes I use silk dust finishing powder from em, it helps set the foundation and absorb oil!

Hi

I always use a finishing powder. I was taught many many many years ago to use one. What it does is smooths everything together (if that is the right choice of words) I was taught to use make up (this was when I used liquid) on your lips then dust powder over it then do your lipstick blot, then put a little more dusting of powder then more lipstick.

T

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have it built in my foundation like i mix them together so to save time ~its nice Ohhh! That's a great idea! I'll have to try that.
And yes, I do use a finishing powder. Especially in the summer, when my oil production is massive.

I always use a finishing powder to finish the look and to help in oil absorption. It also depends what kind of finishing powder I use to achieve the different "looks".

Sometimes I do, Sometimes I don't. But I will usually use something else such as MSF. LAtely instead of finishing powder, I am brushing MSF's over my foundation instead. I don't like to put too much powder on my face all at once, otherwise I look chalky.

i like to use one, i have the feeling it just finishes everything. i like the glow my powder seems to give my face.

I don't use one but I think I'll end up trying one from Lily Lolo, Mad or Fyrinnae.

Originally Posted by jangmi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry! What is MSF? Mineralize Skin Finish - a product by MAC.

I don't use it all the time all over my face.....but, I do use it everyday after I put on my eyeshadow.

I smooth it under my eye with a spare eyeshadow brush to make sure any extra color is covered up after I apply my eyeshadow....works like a charm!!!

Yep, it completes the look, if you will. I can tell the diff with and without it.

Always. And I frequently only wear finishing powder to even out my complexion and mute the redness.

I use finishing powder, but not always the matching brand to the mmu that I use. I sometimes just use serecite - which I bough through tkb trading. It gives you that "soft" focus that people talk about when applied over your blush and mmu. It's nice.

On really bad "oily" days, I sometimes apply some "rice powder" (which I also purchased from tkb) not only under my makeup but over it as well (in the T-Zone). You have to be a bit careful with that though because if you use too much, you'll get more than a soft focus, you'll look a little "Casperish!" Silk dust is also very nice too.

CooCoo
sheep.gif

i regularly do. i'm from manila, the philippines, where the weather can be hot and humid all year round (well, mostly, actually!). so i use the sandwich method---finishing power then foundation then finishing powder again!

Back