-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Dry patches on face Please help

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 28 OFFLINE   SkepticalAngel

SkepticalAngel

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 06-February 07
Reviews

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:20 PM

I have small dry patches on some parts of my forehead, i put moisturiser in the morning and at night they still won't got away. I've tried nivea moisturiser and that didn't work at all. Whats really frustrating me is that when i put foundation or powder they show up even more!
I've tried exfoliating but the patches are still there. I can't go to a dermo because i live in london and they are too expensive.
what do i do? i really wanna wear foundation lol

#Post 2 of 28 OFFLINE   marinasmith

marinasmith

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 19-July 07
Reviews

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

Try applying some Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream a couple of hours before going to bed.

Warning: it's greasy! But the next day your skin will be SO smooth!!
I've got to stop smiling... it gives the wrong impression.
http://www.2agency.net/beauty/

#Post 3 of 28 OFFLINE   BeneBaby

BeneBaby

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Joined 10-June 05
Reviews

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:54 PM

Exfoliate and then pat a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the area. I get dry patches, especially in winter. This seems to be the only thing that helps me. I also avoid products for oily skin that may cause dryness. Check the ingredients in your products and see if there are any retinols or salicylic acids, those can be culprits of over drying.
Hey friends....Looking for a Makeup Artist in Northern California?
Check out my flyer in the Makeup Artist Forum here.I am also swapping ALOT of stuff.....

#Post 4 of 28 OFFLINE   Retro-Violet

Retro-Violet

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  • Joined 05-November 05
Reviews

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by BeneBaby View Post
Exfoliate and then pat a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the area. I get dry patches, especially in winter. This seems to be the only thing that helps me. I also avoid products for oily skin that may cause dryness. Check the ingredients in your products and see if there are any retinols or salicylic acids, those can be culprits of over drying.

thats pretty much it.
i get them too, they suck (i acutally got rid of one finally a few days ago).

#Post 5 of 28 OFFLINE   AlexZ81

AlexZ81

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 04-October 07
Reviews

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:31 PM

Try the Mary Kay Miracle Set or their Intense Moisturizing Cream. I have psoriasis on my leg and they actually worked really well.

#Post 6 of 28 OFFLINE   patsluv

patsluv

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Joined 08-March 06
Reviews

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:16 PM

I have those too every now and then. I gently rub it with a microderm cream and then apply Silkia camellia oil afterwards as a moisturizer. The dry patches will be gone in less than a week.

#Post 7 of 28 OFFLINE   Kathy

Kathy

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,130 posts
  • Joined 02-March 06
Reviews

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:48 PM

I'd try using your regular moisturizer at night then put a little bit of vaseline over it. Just a very thin layer. Your face will look different in the morning!!

#Post 8 of 28 OFFLINE   MamaRocks

MamaRocks

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Joined 03-March 07
Reviews

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:55 PM

I agree with Extra virgin olive oil. It is a fantastic moisturizer and it doesnt ( believe it or not ) leave your skin oily. The molecules are too large in olive oil to clog pores.
Sarah

#Post 9 of 28 OFFLINE   imnewbie

imnewbie

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 16-February 06
Reviews

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:55 AM

Wash ur face

#Post 10 of 28 OFFLINE   AlexZ81

AlexZ81

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 04-October 07
Reviews

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:56 AM

Water is not a lubricant and will therefore dry your face, so you should always use a moisturizer after washing it.

#Post 11 of 28 OFFLINE   lummerz

lummerz

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Joined 25-October 06
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:38 AM

I have a smiliar problem. Have you tried a night creme? They are different than a normal moisturizer because the formula for night cremes are heavier. I made the switch and found to be the right choice for me. I bought one from Walgreens and love it. It is a bit pricey but if it doesn't work, you can always return the product.

I've tried oils in the past such as olive oil, grapeseed oil, almond oil, jojoba oil and i find that my skin drinks it up (which is a good thing) but my skin still feels dry and rough. It's different for everyone but this is why I decided to go with a night creme.

#Post 12 of 28 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:52 AM

go for a heavier moisturizer for the day. as much as i love neutrogena, higher end moisturizers work better with my skin, so don't hesitate to spend a little more on your face moisturizer.
i agree about olive oil (the smell disappears quickly). you can also try coconut oil, shea butter (careful because it's not absorbed quickly by the skin) or a cold cream. calendula oil is also great for moisturising your skin.
oh and exfoliate gently to get rid of the dead cells.

#Post 13 of 28 OFFLINE   igor

igor

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Joined 06-February 07
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:02 AM

I would suggest trying jojoba oil!!! my skin is combinated and I used to have the same problem (especially in winter). Just put a small ammount of it on these places before putting the regular moist. and then, you`ll see how better you makeup will look with it.
I especially recommend jojoba oil because it absorbs really good and helps in soothing and softening all skin types(even the oily ones)
Julia

#Post 14 of 28 OFFLINE   cestamour

cestamour

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 20-October 07
Reviews

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:56 PM

I put on kukui nut oil or virgin olive oil overnight and it helps with dry spots.

#Post 15 of 28 OFFLINE   lifeisbeautiful

lifeisbeautiful

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 29-July 07
Reviews

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:52 AM

Mix Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Vitamin E Oil and apply on the affected area. Do this everyday before going to bed. You'll be able to see the difference in less than a month.

#Post 16 of 28 OFFLINE   SalJ

SalJ

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Joined 07-February 07
Reviews

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:46 AM

I used to have the worst dry forehead ever until i started using liz earle's products. The cloth exfoliates but gently. Fab products!!
Too bad the things that make you mad are my favorite things!

#Post 17 of 28 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by AlexZ81 View Post
Try the Mary Kay Miracle Set or their Intense Moisturizing Cream. I have psoriasis on my leg and they actually worked really well.
i thought the same thing. it sounds like it could be psoriasis. derma e makes a great cream called psorzema. check out this link.

derma e Bodycare Products

then click on skin treatments. hope this helps!

#Post 18 of 28 OFFLINE   chrissymay13

chrissymay13

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 04-August 11
Reviews

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

how long did it take for the dry patch to go away if you put extra virgin olive oil on it?? and did you put it on every day??

#Post 19 of 28 OFFLINE   SecretStopsAcne

SecretStopsAcne

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 23-November 10
Reviews

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

You need to try a good cream and face wash. Which is suitable on your skin you try that and it will help to remove it.

#Post 20 of 28 OFFLINE   juliep212

juliep212

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

What cleanser or soap are you using? Make sure it's a really soothing one and definitely don't over exfoliate.

What I use: http://www.myfraiche...dary=&keywords=