-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Easystraight will destroy your hair

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 428 OFFLINE   DeadHair

DeadHair

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 26-March 04
Reviews

Posted 26 March 2004 - 09:41 AM

Please do not use the new product Easystraight. My hair has been wrecked and I feel compeled to warn others. Search other discussion boards and you will see similar results. You will not find a single good review.

#Post 2 of 428 OFFLINE   maiho

maiho

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 05-February 04
Reviews

Posted 27 March 2004 - 07:56 AM

thanks for the warning, but what is this product? is it shampoo? conditioner? or a hair straightener?
Originally Posted by DeadHair
Please do not use the new product Easystraight. My hair has been wrecked and I feel compeled to warn others. Search other discussion boards and you will see similar results. You will not find a single good review.

#Post 3 of 428 OFFLINE   HarleyMom

HarleyMom

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 03-May 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:44 AM

Count me in has another Easystraight disaster. I am still kicking myself for believing the imformation advertised on the box about how it is so easy and safe to use, I followed the directions to a T and like others I also rinsed it out earlier. I had to have about 3 inches cut off of my hair and also had to pay for a deep conditioning treatment and my hair is still fried, I will probably have to wear a bandana or scarf for quite a while and continue to have dead hair cut away, my hair length was almost midway down my back but now it is up to my shoulders and will probably have to have more cut off, I just want to cry everytime I look into the mirror now. Please spread the word and do not use this product, the results cause nothing but heartache. Posted Image
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

#Post 4 of 428 OFFLINE   allisong

allisong

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Joined 20-January 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by DeadHair
Have either of you thought about calling the Better Business Bureau or the FDA to report this product??Sounds like it needs to be pulled off the shelves
Allison G
Makeup/Swap board Lover

#Post 5 of 428 OFFLINE   Kage_sCupotea

Kage_sCupotea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Joined 14-April 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:43 PM

Welcome HarleyMom! Glad to have you here! Posted Image

#Post 6 of 428 OFFLINE   HarleyMom

HarleyMom

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 03-May 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:33 PM

Hi again, Actually I did go to both the FDA and BBB web sites, with the FDA you have to write a letter explaining your problem via snail mail with matters concerning cosmetics, etc., and with the BBB they recommend that you try to notify the company that makes the product first. From what I read on another post with the link to a story about the woman who is an assistant for Cosmogirl magazine, I am curious has to how they will respond to a complaint. I am going to try and do a search on the New York Post/Cosmogirl story and see if there are any follow ups.

#Post 7 of 428 OFFLINE   allisong

allisong

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Joined 20-January 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860
Hi again, Actually I did go to both the FDA and BBB web sites, with the FDA you have to write a letter explaining your problem via snail mail with matters concerning cosmetics, etc., and with the BBB they recommend that you try to notify the company that makes the product first. From what I read on another post with the link to a story about the woman who is an assistant for Cosmogirl magazine, I am curious has to how they will respond to a complaint. I am going to try and do a search on the New York Post/Cosmogirl story and see if there are any follow ups.
Have you contacted the company directly??You might want to try that..If the feel they are in jeapordy of being sued,etc they might just bend over backwards to help you..It's a start..Sorry for you dilemma
Allison G
Makeup/Swap board Lover

#Post 8 of 428 OFFLINE   HarleyMom

HarleyMom

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 03-May 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by allisong
Have you contacted the company directly??You might want to try that..If the feel they are in jeapordy of being sued,etc they might just bend over backwards to help you..It's a start..Sorry for you dilemma
Thanks Allison, I am definetly going to call them, I just got off the phone with Walgreens corporate offices and was told that they will notify their product buyers. I did receive a refund from the Walgreens where I purchased the Easystraight, they were very apologetic and 2 of the women in the cosmetics dept. said they will refuse to sell it but they unfortunetly can't make the decision to pull it off the shelves.

#Post 9 of 428 OFFLINE   Californian

Californian

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined 17-February 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:30 PM

Hi again,
Actually I did go to both the FDA and BBB web sites, with the FDA you have to write a letter explaining your problem via snail mail with matters concerning cosmetics, etc., and with the BBB they recommend that you try to notify the company that makes the product first. From what I read on another post with the link to a story about the woman who is an assistant for Cosmogirl magazine, I am curious has to how they will respond to a complaint. I am going to try and do a search on the New York Post/Cosmogirl story and see if there are any follow ups.
Major high 5's to the proactive and astute Harleymom. You rock!!!
Posted Image I bet this is a multi-tasker woman!

#Post 10 of 428 OFFLINE   Californian

Californian

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined 17-February 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:37 PM

Thanks Allison,
I am definetly going to call them, I just got off the phone with Walgreens corporate offices and was told that they will notify their product buyers. I did receive a refund from the Walgreens where I purchased the Easystraight, they were very apologetic and 2 of the women in the cosmetics dept. said they will refuse to sell it but they unfortunetly can't make the decision to pull it off the shelves.
If you ever have a serious complaint about a product, here is a short governmental form to fill out so that the makers will be responsible for their products and so that you can get the word out. Posted Image
Go here: http://www.consumera...hp/a_report.php

#Post 11 of 428 OFFLINE   HarleyMom

HarleyMom

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 03-May 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Californian
If you ever have a serious complaint about a product, here is a short governmental form to fill out so that the makers will be responsible for their products and so that you can get the word out. Posted Image
Go here: http://www.consumera...hp/a_report.php
Thanks so much for the link Californian, I just sent them an email and I will be sure to post any information I receive. I just really want to get the word out on this stuff so hopefully no one else will have to go through what I am right now, just tried a highly recommended Keratin conditioner in hopes it might tame my hair, no luck Posted Image Thanks again though.

#Post 12 of 428 OFFLINE   Shoediva

Shoediva

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Joined 20-April 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Californian
Major high 5's to the proactive and astute Harleymom. You rock!!!
Posted Image I bet this is a multi-tasker woman!
great icon Cali!
La ShoeDiVA

"Give a girl the correct footware, and she can conquer the world!"

#Post 13 of 428 OFFLINE   Californian

Californian

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined 17-February 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:42 PM

Thanks so much for the link Californian, I just sent them an email and I will be sure to post any information I receive. I just really want to get the word out on this stuff so hopefully no one else will have to go through what I am right now, just tried a highly recommended Keratin conditioner in hopes it might tame my hair, no luck Posted Image Thanks again though.
You're very welcome. One time I dyed my hair and it turned out green so I kind of know how you feel. It was an expensive mistake.
How about a cute, short do for you? Get a tan, play up your rosey cheeks and hook on some big, cute earrings and look stylish while you repair your hair. What do you think? You know it will be much easier to comb out after a ride on your Harley!

I'm thinking of something like any of the following. Summer is here, after all!
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#Post 14 of 428 OFFLINE   Californian

Californian

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined 17-February 04
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by shoediva
great icon Cali!
Heh heh heh... shoediva, you must go to smileycentral and download these fun icons too! Look at this one:

<TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=95 bgColor=#ffffff borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle>ShoeDiva</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Posted Image

or if you are into the movie, The Matrix, check this out: Posted Image

#Post 15 of 428 OFFLINE   GR8FISCH

GR8FISCH

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Joined 25-November 03
Reviews

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:11 PM

Cal, You Rock!!

#Post 16 of 428 OFFLINE   Californian

Californian

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined 17-February 04
Reviews

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH
Cal, You Rock!!
Aw Thanks for writing that! lol You made my day brighter. Thank you!
Posted Image

#Post 17 of 428 OFFLINE   GR8FISCH

GR8FISCH

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Joined 25-November 03
Reviews

Posted 06 May 2004 - 12:27 PM

Posted Image!!

#Post 18 of 428 OFFLINE   Director

Director

MuT Babysitter

• Administrators
  • 22,364 posts
  • Joined 22-October 03
Reviews

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:32 PM

Oh, hmmm We have tried to make the registration process simple. Sorry if it seemed ardeous.

Anyhow, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image

Originally Posted by E. Stone
I went through all the crap of registering so I could tell you: Next time, try Ogilvie's "Defrizzer" treatment (about $10). They also make a Straightener (which, I suppose, is stronger). Anyway, my hair wasn't in such great condition, so I just went with the Defrizzer, and 6 months later, I can still see the difference. It's much silkier and smoother. I was very satisfied.

facebook-projectmgr2.png

Need Help? Hit our Tech Support Forums

#Post 19 of 428 OFFLINE   Californian

Californian

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined 17-February 04
Reviews

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by E. Stone
I went through all the crap of registering so I could tell you: Next time, try Ogilvie's "Defrizzer" treatment (about $10). They also make a Straightener (which, I suppose, is stronger). Anyway, my hair wasn't in such great condition, so I just went with the Defrizzer, and 6 months later, I can still see the difference. It's much silkier and smoother. I was very satisfied.
Aw, thanks for going through "all the crap of registering" because your post is very helpful. See? Going through some crap has benefitted us all! I wish more people like you would go through "all the crap of registering" since it makes this site even funner, more enlightening and diverse.

In that case, Viva LA 'CRAP'!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#Post 20 of 428 OFFLINE   Shoediva

Shoediva

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Joined 20-April 04
Reviews

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:10 PM

Cali--Is "Funner" really a word??, cause I just love to say it and my guy insists its not......I'll look it up......although if its not I dont think I'll stop sayign it LOL
La ShoeDiVA

"Give a girl the correct footware, and she can conquer the world!"