Best lipstick & lipgloss with staying power?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for the BEST lipstick & lipgloss with staying power?

How about lipliners?

I'd love recommendations for drugstore and non-drugstore brands and also how long they last on you!

TIA!

Warmly,

beaglette

i dont use them but i have heard that the loreal 6 hour glosses are pretty good!

do you habe them in the usa? or does they perhaps another name? dont know
smile.gif

i use mostly mac lipsticks, they stay not forever, but i dont mind, because the colour range is more important for me than the staying power.

have a nice sunday evening!

I've not tried a huge range of lipsticks so I can't tell you much about those. Most of the ones I have are Mac, with some other brands thrown in. As far as lipglosses go I actually like Mac lipglasses best because they stay longer for me. A lot of people prefer Mac's other glosses because they think the lipglass has a stickyness to it, but I don't mind that because they do last longer for me.

I think your best bet is go for something that's matte based. They last longer than other lipstick finishes. Unfortunately they don't have that shine like lustre and frost finishes. NARS has a nice range of colors that stay put for a bit. Also try the MAC pro longwear. They're actually pretty good and they last a long time for me.

I use Avon lip ink and gloss - I'm not sure if they do the same ones in the US as they do in the UK but its similar to the max factor lipfinity range. I wasnt impressed with the Maybelline range similar to these either, it was quite drying and the shimmery ones left my lips really really dry and scratchy. My best use so far has been the Avon one - stays put all day and I bite my lip alot and leave it til last thing at night to remove it! You can also try Lipcote for any normal lipsticks you have. A couple of coats give really good staying power, though I heard it can sometimes be drying too.

Hope that helps! xx

ok if you want some MAJOR lip color staying power, i would go with Mark. Kissink Lip Tintmarkers. they are semi-permanent and they stay on for hours and hours and hours. they look like magic markers (not black of course haha) but there is a soft, easy to handle, tip. they dry very fast too!!

so i may be biased because i am a Mark. representative, but i know that MAC has some good ones too. I have both MAC and Mark. but Mark. definitely stays longer!

Mark. is about $6 and MAC is about $20

(the ones i have)

Back