Brands of Vitamins + Black Hair growth Pills

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What brand has the best vitamins? (that actually work)

Do African American hair growth pills really work?

DrMarioGBbox.jpg

uhm i dont know but i do use this oil do gro that is in the ethnic section of themarket and i dont know if it really helps but i like to think it does.

Hi sephora's girl

Biotin is a great for promoting hair growth, you can find it at any drugstore or grocery store.

Usually a really good multivitamin works, mostly any will do.

biotin is really good and a b-complex vitamin is really good too. GNC has a lot of supplements, I personally go to my local health food store. Also, eat lots and lots of protein!! Amino Acids are really good for you and help your hair grow, drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies.

Originally Posted by renbray /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use wild grow hair oil from sally's and it's amazing it really works
smile.gif
I have this stuff and although I really like it and it really decreased my shedding, I think the smell is horrible, I can't stand it, it would be perfect if it didn't reak!!

What other vitamins?

Also, I've heard taking vitamins is sometimes dangerous.

What's up?

Thanks everyone!

Most any multi vitamin will help with over all health but you should avoid bandwagons and trends as far as using mass doses of suppliments that are intended for other purposes; you could have major health problems (or skin eruptions) for the sake of attempting to find a magic growth pill when they don't exist.

You need to concentrate on eating well, drinking lot's of water, and good hair handling habits.

Black hair is dry by naure, so you need to counteract this. Moisturize, avoid too much direct heat, if you use chemical processes then assess if there is any damage from that and find other alternatives (if you chemically relax, look for other ways to straighten the hair; if you dye-like I do- find the kindest way possible for your hair, etc..), your hair may not respond to certain additives or ingredients in certain shampoos or conditioners or styling products- even if it's formulated for "dry" or "black" hair.

You have to play around until you find one that your hair says "ahhhh, that quenched my thirst!".

Your hair is already growing, what you need is retention. Chances are, you are losing hair as fast as you are growing it and not seeing any progress but you can fix it, but you can't fix it by trying to bypass the work that it will take; even if you find a pill that will make it grow, it won't matter if it breaks of or sheds too much, right?

Manipulate your hair as little as possible and don't drown it with products. Don't use tight ponytail holder or metal barretts or barrettes with metal clasps- this will foil your efforts in retention because this are known hair snappers!

You'll be surprised by how much your hair will respond with a little tlc!

I ordered hair stimulator vitamins from the net. Have you ever tried any similar stuff?

I've never ordered them because I tend to buy things that people review.

I don't trust sites that have all those testomonials.

I wanna someone to recommend something to me or something were I can get peoples opinion on it.

GNC WOMEN'S: Formula HSN (Hair, Skin and Nails)

I've been using this for years and my hair grows like a weed. You are to take 3 capsules a day, every day. It contains all the good stuff that promotes hair growth (biotin, B12, calcium, silica and more!) Aside from personally vouching for it, it gets great reviews around many hair and makeup boards.

Originally Posted by Dubsbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif GNC WOMEN'S: Formula HSN (Hair, Skin and Nails)
I've been using this for years and my hair grows like a weed. You are to take 3 capsules a day, every day. It contains all the good stuff that promotes hair growth (biotin, B12, calcium, silica and more!) Aside from personally vouching for it, it gets great reviews around many hair and makeup boards.

HAve u ever used any other vitamins dear? And how long your hair grows per month?
sheep.gif

Originally Posted by SaRem /img/forum/go_quote.gif HAve u ever used any other vitamins dear? And how long your hair grows per month?
sheep.gif
Yes I also take an additional Women's Daily Multi-vitamin (it's a no name brand from Walmart).
I'm not sure how many inches my hair grows per month because I've never really measured it! lol. But my dry, curly hair is prone to breakage and I've noticed all the broken hairs on top of my scalp grow faster when I take GNC HSN.

Originally Posted by Dubsbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes I also take an additional Women's Daily Multi-vitamin (it's a no name brand from Walmart).
I'm not sure how many inches my hair grows per month because I've never really measured it! lol. But my dry, curly hair is prone to breakage and I've noticed all the broken hairs on top of my scalp grow faster when I take GNC HSN.

thanks dear
cowboy.gif

Originally Posted by pretty_pink13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Usually a really good multivitamin works, mostly any will do.
biotin is really good and a b-complex vitamin is really good too. GNC has a lot of supplements, I personally go to my local health food store. Also, eat lots and lots of protein!! Amino Acids are really good for you and help your hair grow, drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies.

I have this stuff and although I really like it and it really decreased my shedding, I think the smell is horrible, I can't stand it, it would be perfect if it didn't reak!!

Would it be okay to try any vitamins from GNC?

Back