-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Eyelash primer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 13 OFFLINE   jeno

jeno

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 25-July 06
Reviews

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

im thinking of buying an eyelash primer I would love some suggestions about primers you have used....since im new to this primer stuff I wanted to know does it help out with the eyelash sticking together because my eyelashes always seem to stick together when I apply mascara "only my left eye" it really bugs the hell out of me I even quit applying mascara for about 3 months because I used to get so mad I wanted to rip my eyelashes out... blabbering allot sorry :P

#Post 2 of 13 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

I've tried MAC Prep+Prime Lash, Clinique Lash Building Primer, and Shiseido The Mascara Base. My fave is Shiseido's, and then Clilnique's. MAC's was too "gloppy" for me.
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 3 of 13 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aquilah View Post
I've tried MAC Prep+Prime Lash, Clinique Lash Building Primer, and Shiseido The Mascara Base. My fave is Shiseido's, and then Clilnique's. MAC's was too "gloppy" for me.
I´ve used Shiseido´s and MAC`s. I agree with Shiseido being the best, MAC Prep+Prime Lash was too "wet" and coated my lashes white, whereas the Shiseido lash primer doesn´t have a lot of color to it

#Post 4 of 13 OFFLINE   LittleMissLilo

LittleMissLilo

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Joined 28-December 07
Reviews

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:09 PM

has anyone tried lancomes? I want to try that one.
I'm a small girl with a big heart! =]

http://www.myspace.com/missnathalie

#Post 5 of 13 OFFLINE   jeno

jeno

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 25-July 06
Reviews

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:38 AM

thanks i'll be checkinig out the Shiseido primer
in genral are they supposed to help separate eyelashes and are there special ones for curling the eyelash??

#Post 6 of 13 OFFLINE   krazykid90

krazykid90

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Joined 23-December 06
Reviews

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:14 AM

I've used the Clinique's one, and it is good. The Clinique one has fibers in it that help your eye lashes look longer. I was afraid it would make my eyes look fake, but it was very subtle and natural. It also coats your lashes in a white primer so that when you put on the mascara you get a bigger color pay off, so its great if you like colorful or really black lashes.

#Post 7 of 13 OFFLINE   kerasaki

kerasaki

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 20-March 08
Reviews

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

I use MAC's primer and it does its job really nice for me. I'd like to try out something new though, and I guess Shisheido's is quite popular!

#Post 8 of 13 OFFLINE   Killah Kitty

Killah Kitty

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Joined 29-December 05
Reviews

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

For the longest time I used Loreals Volume Shocking, its a 2 sided mascara deal, I just used the primer, it worked ok but left my lashes a little stiff.

I splurged on Guerlain lash primer because I use primer everytime before my mascara. It was totally worth it. It has a subtle, almost no color to it, holds my curl, seperates my lashes like a dream, and keeps my lashes soft, and stops my mascara from flaking. I love it.

#Post 9 of 13 OFFLINE   Sarah84

Sarah84

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05
Reviews

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

I've only tried MAC's and am really happy with the results, first tried it when it was first released and havent stopped using it since. Really helps the mascara to go on smoother and not flaky/clumpy

#Post 10 of 13 OFFLINE   SouthernBelle

SouthernBelle

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 08-April 08
Reviews

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:35 PM

I am not sure who its by but I know that one brand has a clear type of mascara and a clear eyebrow thingie. The lash primer is on one end and the brow on the other. I found it works great for seperating my lashes and keeping them seperated while I put my mascara on and I also love the brow primer because it keeps my eyebrows in place.
My heart belongs to a policeman

#Post 11 of 13 OFFLINE   MACGoddess

MACGoddess

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Joined 21-July 05
Reviews

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

If your lashes are sticking together, try this technique out:

- Put the mascara wand at the base of the lash, wiggle it so that the lashes really get into the brush, then pull it straight through the lashes without wiggling.

A lot of times people will wiggle all the way up which puts a LOT of product on the tips of the lashes and can stick them together. You always want the tips of the lashes to be tapered.
I can see why the flamethrower was invented. There was someone who was sitting down thinking "I'm here, you're there, and I want to light you on fire..."

#Post 12 of 13 OFFLINE   Retro-Violet

Retro-Violet

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  • Joined 05-November 05
Reviews

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:39 AM

im pretty equal with either mac prep and prime and the clinique one.

#Post 13 of 13 OFFLINE   laurreenn

laurreenn

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • Joined 18-February 08
Reviews

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:43 AM

i use MAC and the other girls are right that it coats your lashes white, but as long as you use a coat of mascara over it then it'll be fine.