-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Best Pressed Powder!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 13 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:09 AM

My pressed powder is almost over and I'm looking for my next HG powder! Since now I've used twice Estee Lauder's Double Matte, it's a nice powder but I want to try and another brand!! The only brand tha I've try and I won't try it again is Mac, I try Studio Fix and the powder sucks for my oily skin, I had a terrible reaction to that powder,it made my almost invisible acne more visiblePosted Image!! So I'm looking for a pressed powder specially for oily skins!! What's your suggestions??Posted Image
22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair
LLL/ Mac NC20/ EDM Light/ Stila Shade C

#Post 2 of 13 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:34 AM

I already have Clinique's loose powder,but it's not so practical to have it in my bag!I wish we had Prescriptives here,we also don't have Stila's Sheer Color we only have Stila's Pressed Powder and I want to ask you if it's a good powder for oily skins,because I'm thinking to buy it!
Originally Posted by Trisha
I used to use Prescriptives Virtual Matte Pressed Powder, that was pretty good, im currently using Stila Sheer Colour in Shade 2, but i think i may switch to Becca soon since i love the Loose Powder so much! x

22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair

#Post 3 of 13 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:53 AM

Stila is going to release a new powder?That's cool!! From the name I can guess it's for combo skins!
i'd wait until the new Stila powder is out! its a pressed powder and will be called something like rebalancing powder and will in 14 shades or something, out in October here x

22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair

#Post 4 of 13 OFFLINE   horse_luver

horse_luver

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 22-August 05
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:18 AM

I use Maybelline pressed powder. It is 'shine-free' so it is made especially for oily skin.

#Post 5 of 13 OFFLINE   girl_geek

girl_geek

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:16 PM

Honestly, loose powder is going to be best for oily skin -- my dermatologist said that all pressed powders contain oils (which can clog your pores) to pack the powder into the compact, although I have seen a few pressed powders that claim they won't clog your pores. I haven't tried them though -- I am currently using CoverGirl's Professional Loose Powder, and after trying several department store and drugstore powders, this is THE only one that keeps my very oily skin matte for a decent amount of time! Posted Image
Acne info and NEW mu pictures in my notepad! Updated 11/19/06!Avatar created with Yahoo Avatars26 Yrs Old ~ Very Fair, Oily Skin ~ Warm Undertones ~ Blue Eyes ~ Dark Blonde Hair

#Post 6 of 13 OFFLINE   lilla

lilla

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,110 posts
  • Joined 16-February 05
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 01:02 PM

Can't wait!
yeah its gona be for combo/oily, tho all skin types can use it x

NotePad Edited 12Mar06
37 year old, Normal/dry skin
Fair skin (Chantecaille Real Skin SPF 30-Fresh)
Dark green/hazel eyes, Dark brown hair

#Post 7 of 13 OFFLINE   BeneBaby

BeneBaby

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Joined 10-June 05
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 01:59 PM

Hi! I don't have oily skin but my fave powder is Clean and Clear Invisible Powder. It is sheer, absorbs shine, but doesn't leave a powdery film on my skin. It's the only one I'll use.
Hey friends....Looking for a Makeup Artist in Northern California?
Check out my flyer in the Makeup Artist Forum here.I am also swapping ALOT of stuff.....

#Post 8 of 13 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

i have combo acne prone skin and i really like physicians formula pressed powders. they're inexpensive (about $13) and don't clog my pores or cause me any irritation. beause i have brown skin i was theire bronzer as a pressed powder. they have so many formulas to choose from i'm sure you could find one that works for you. they even have a mineral makeup pressed powder. you can get it at any drugstore. good luck

#Post 9 of 13 OFFLINE   kerri

kerri

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Joined 17-April 05
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:42 PM

I have the Becca pressed powder and I find it very nice.....very fine particles. Feels luxurious!
I used to use Prescriptives Virtual Matte Pressed Powder, that was pretty good, im currently using Stila Sheer Colour in Shade 2, but i think i may switch to Becca soon since i love the Loose Powder so much! x

Kerri

#Post 10 of 13 OFFLINE   FeistyFemme

FeistyFemme

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Joined 12-December 03
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

I know you said you had a reaction to Studiofix, but it seems to be very hit or miss with people. I didn't like it either!! Posted Image I do, however, LOVE their Blot Powder. My skin is very sensitive and breakout-prone, and I have almost used up a whole compact with no problems.

#Post 11 of 13 OFFLINE   Sofia

Sofia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:32 PM

Good to hear about Stila introducing a new powder. I am currently using Stila's Pressed Powder in Dark and I'm not really liking it. I've had better results with Estee Lauder's Double Matte and Clinique's pressed powder.

#Post 12 of 13 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05
Reviews

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:50 AM

Really you didn't like Stila's pressed powder? Why it's not good for oily skin?Because I was thinking to try it! Now I still use Estee Lauder's double matte and I use it for 3 years now but I want to change it! Clinique's pressed powder is it good,worth trying it?
Originally Posted by Sofia
Good to hear about Stila introducing a new powder. I am currently using Stila's Pressed Powder in Dark and I'm not really liking it. I've had better results with Estee Lauder's Double Matte and Clinique's pressed powder.

22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair

#Post 13 of 13 OFFLINE   Bhav

Bhav

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05
Reviews

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme
I know you said you had a reaction to Studiofix, but it seems to be very hit or miss with people. I didn't like it either!! Posted Image I do, however, LOVE their Blot Powder. My skin is very sensitive and breakout-prone, and I have almost used up a whole compact with no problems.
I'm another fan of Blot Powder! I'm on compact number 2!