-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Australian MakeUp brands?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 7 OFFLINE   BelleBeryl

BelleBeryl

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 29-September 08
Reviews

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

always on the lookout for new online shops I landed myself on www.adorebeauty.com.au
but I do not know which are the ozzie brands so anyone from Aus care to answer thanks.

#Post 2 of 7 OFFLINE   Bec688

Bec688

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • Joined 04-July 06
Reviews

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:45 PM

I've bought a few times from adore... the majority of the brands are international brands that are difficult to get in Australia in shops, though there are a couple of aussie brands on there becca, napoleon perdis, sharon lee, modelCo, to name a few. Most others are international brands.

#Post 3 of 7 OFFLINE   Kathy

Kathy

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,130 posts
  • Joined 02-March 06
Reviews

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:45 PM

I'm not from Oz but the only one I see there for sure is Napoleon Perdis. Oh...and it looks like they have Bloom Cosmetics. I love their e/s. I found some of their stuff in a boutique here. It's very pigmented and the packaging is adorable! Maybe Rosie or some of our other Aussie members can tell you what other brands.

#Post 4 of 7 OFFLINE   Anthea

Anthea

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts
  • Joined 20-September 07
Reviews

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

The only Aust brand that I have purchased is Australis, if you look at the packaging its not made here and I am not sure if its available elsewhere? I did a FOTD fairly recently using their eyeshadows. .: Australis Cosmetics :. - Welcome

Another brand I have seen in Kmart is Face of Australia I have not bought any of it so I am not sure what its like.

#Post 5 of 7 OFFLINE   chantelle8686

chantelle8686

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Joined 26-April 07
Reviews

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

hmmm im very cautious of cheaper brands like australis and face of just due to the way it looks and feel on my skin,
but i buy alot of NP products as their products are just as good as MAC and it more accessible now they have a line in target, Its just the same price as MAC and just as great...but their pigments are in smaller jars...and they dont have as many collection lines as MAC
I have bought a few of modelCo products but thats mainly for my eyebrows or just play around makeup...but i find it to be irritating on my skin....
Love Chan

#Post 6 of 7 OFFLINE   pinksugar

pinksugar

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,832 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07
Reviews

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

I agree, modelCo for eyebrows... they're awesome..

I do like napoleon, they have a really nice face primer.

Australis is a really nice cheaper brand, they're ok quality but I'm sure you could get equally good lower end products in the US, so I wouldn't bother to send for them to be honest... like, I was really impressed with wet n wild eyeshadows, which are about the same as australis in price, maybe even less - I think they are of a higher quality.

So, yes, the brands I would bother with would be -

ModelCo - I have their eyebrow kit and it totally rocks.
Napoleon - I like their primers, haven't used much of their other stuff, but what I've tried has been great!
Bloom - their lip stuff is so pretty, it smells gorgeous too!

#Post 7 of 7 OFFLINE   AppleRose

AppleRose

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Joined 26-January 08
Reviews

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:53 PM

NP is aussie, as is Becca, Bloom, ModelCo. and Harlotte is as well - all aussies
That's just makeup though, not body products.