-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Halloween Help! Devil Girl Makeup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 7 OFFLINE   grimrides

grimrides

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-October 08
Reviews

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:26 AM

Hi! I'm new. I figured this is the place to go when you need advice!

I'm going to be a Devil Girl for Halloween. I'm painting my arms and entire face Lipstick Red with Mehron Paradise EQ, which is very similar to MAC Chromacake. That's going to be my base.

But I'm stumped picking out colors for eyeshadow, blush and lipstick colors for my evening as a chick with bright red skin.

I tried googling "devil girl makeup" but all I saw were girls in red bodypaint with just black lipstick and black eyeliner and to me? That looks very boring.

I'm thinking maybe gold and orange eyeshadow? But what about lipstick and blush?

I'm having a heck of a time getting anything to show up on this bright red base.

Any color palette ideas for a Devil Girl with bright red skin?

I appreciate any help in advance!

happy halloween,
amy

#Post 2 of 7 OFFLINE   hs769

hs769

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05
Reviews

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

HI there welcome to MUT. I am sure there are many others who can help you better than I can but will give it a shot.

Gold eyeshadow might work. If your going bright red you will need to find something dark. I know you had mentioned this but the dark black lipstick would seem to work in with your them better IMO. I will try and think of some other ideas for you once I wake up a little more.
http://www.myspace.c...rkchylde_comics
Always looking for new friends. Feel free to add me.

#Post 3 of 7 OFFLINE   Nick007

Nick007

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Joined 12-January 07
Reviews

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:12 AM

I like the idea of gold, and orange eyeshadow. I don't think you will need blush. It probably won't show up on the red paint.
NYX Distributor

#Post 4 of 7 OFFLINE   pinksugar

pinksugar

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,832 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07
Reviews

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:28 AM

lipstick will have to be darker to show up on the red, even if it's only a plum or purple colour.

As for eyeshadow, I think gold sounds great, maybe you could use a black shadow for the crease and gold for the moving lid, which is less boring than just black eyeliner.

I agree with Nick, no need for blush

i can't wait to see photos of this look if you take any!

#Post 5 of 7 OFFLINE   Karren

Karren

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,597 posts
  • Joined 01-June 07
Reviews

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:02 AM

Yeah!! Real dark red or burgandy lipstick would be sweet.. How about something simulating fire for eye shadow.. Bright yellow, orange, gold and black... like flames coming off your eyes.. I have some cool red feather fake eye lashes I wore last year.. Look in my prifile albuns under costumes..

Take some photos and post them in the "Halloween hottie" D2B... Ohh. And welcome to MakeUpTalk!!
Karren on Facebook
Photos
Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society... Like we need your support!!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

#Post 6 of 7 OFFLINE   -Chelsey-

-Chelsey-

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08
Reviews

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

I was a devil/dead girl a couple years ago and I recreated this look. I love it. It's super easy to do too.

#Post 7 of 7 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,691 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07
Reviews

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

I think gold eyeshadow with black in the crease would be awesome. Maybe choose a dark burgundy black red for lipstick?

"Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future."

"Maybe you should eat makeup so you can try and be pretty on the inside, b*tch."