''LANMEI'' pigments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to see if anyone here has tried these pigments that you can buy on eBay. The brand name on them appears to be "Lanmei" and they come in packs of 50 colors, usually with extras like brushes and false lashes, and for REALLY cheap, like $20. Most of the sellers are in Hong Kong. Here is a picture:

My favorite makeup guru on YouTube (mentalshiver) uses these, so I really want to try them. The blue that she used was so pretty! Plus they are so cheap, buy it and ship it for less than $20... but I am worried about the quality. And I wonder if the glitter is safe to use around the eyes. Some of it looks kinda chunky..

SO has anyone used these?

Thank you Jazzie. I did find that and I think one other video on youtube. None of them talk about the quality of them though : ( .

I was tempted to buy them too until I read this from that YouTube video"I also have them but I'm not very happy with the color pay-offs with most of the colors. I had one Orange Leishi pigment send as a gift with some brushes and I was very happy with it so I ordered more and picked this Lanmei Lot cos they are in exactly the same containers but to be honest, I think I resell or swap them again. You can't beat the 120 color palette and its less mess to apply. But anyway, thanks for the vid ;-)"

I hope this helps

I just got these and I'm quite pleased with them. The colors go on very sheer if put on dry, but more brilliant if put on wet. The glitter is fine grained and I haven't had any problems with it, other than the usual fallout when putting it on. I'm using glitter glue (forgot which brand), and it works quite well to keep the glitter on all day. Just a note of warning, when applied wet the shadows tend to stain your eyelid for a little while.

Ooh, this is the perfect thread for me!

The brands LEISHI, LANMEI, and JustGold are all from the same place. JustGold claims to be made in Italy, which is false. On the bottom of the container, it says MADE IN CHINA, just like the other two. There is also another brand, BINHEI, which you guys may or may not be able to find. It is very similar but they make lipstick, too. I've noticed that this company mainly sells glitter pots and pigments. They do have a few palettes which are actually of much better quality than the singles/pots. They are much softer and don't flake left and right.

And aagirlie is right -- these do stain your eyelid if they are applied wet. I wouldn't recommend it, because that is a sign of dye rather than actual pigment. These are cheaper because they are dyed granules of something or other. One should use a shadow primer before applying these, IMO.

I found that if you put on a dry base powder after the primer, that helps keep the Lanmei pigments from staining your skin. I'll definately keep using them, as long as I don't get any allergic reaction from them. Fyrinnae says their shadows may stain as well, and theirs are dyed vegan material pigments.

I have used these and I really like them. The variety of colors is great and they go on smoothly. To get decent color payoff they must be applied wet because when they are used dry they appear quite sheer. I have never had them dye my skin when I used them wet either. I think they are worth the cheap price.

Do you have information about animal testing?? I m trying to find this information and ingredients but withou success.

Back