Spring/summer foundation: powder vs liquid vs mousse for combination skin??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in desperate need of new foundation for SS09, having just run out of my trusty Dream Matte Mousse (originally tried it as an experiment and liked the coverage) - I'm using the dregs of my liquid foundation at the moment.

I just thought I'd ask all you lovely people for your expert advice - what kind of foundation is suitable for spring/summer?

I've never tried tinted moisturiser before, as my acne-prone combination/oily skin has always needed a bit more coverage. However, my skin has improved recently (note: I wonder if this is to do with using a mousse foundation? Returning to my liquid has actually made me break out- what do you guys think?), so I might be able to experiment a bit.

Is mineral/powder foundation going to clog in the heat or if I sweat? Or on a more aesthetic note, will my skin look strange and powdery (for lack of a better word, haha!) in a season usually associated with dewy/fresh skin?

I know some liquid foundations can give that fresh look, but I'm worried that it might be too heavy and clog in the heat??

Any advice would be appreciated guys, TIA!
shy.gif
xxx

hmm. I'm not sure what to suggest. Perhaps mousse like you've already tried? I find my skin looks too oily with liquid foundation in hot weatehr, so I probably wouldn't suggest that

i have acne and mousse make-up works a treat and prevents big break outs. id say stick to what you know

xxx

I've been having good results with L'Oreal Bare Naturale pressed mineral foundation.

I've used mmu in the summer and had no problems. I would definitely avoid anything liquid if you have oily skin. I hate it in the summer time and powder will get too cakey imo. I really loved the dream matte mousse but unfortunately the color match didn't work out for me. Right now I'm using the "liquid" dream matte mousse version and while I like it and it works fine in the heat with my oily skin, it doesn't give me the best coverage. It does look good and doesn't melt off but I'm okay with it til I run out. Personally if I could get the regular matte mousse to work for me, I'd be using that instead.

If you are looking for another mousse makeup, try the ones from the Tigi Bedhead line. A bit hard to find, and I think their are only 4 shades (or that might just be all the shades the salon I work at carries) but it's worth a shot if you're really wanting to go with the mousse route again to at least try them out.
smile.gif

i loved dream matte mousse for a while but i found my skin got really dry (probs not to do with the foundation though, i think it was my cleanser) and it would stick like anything to the dry skin and give me the worst face dandruff. if you're lucky enough to have a nice smooth skin surface then i stay stick to the mousse, it will help keep your matte in the "heat" of british summer lol.

you could always mix a bit of highlighter in with it to give a dewy look. or use it over it in places you want to look dewy.

I use a powder foundation in the summer, some people might think it would be too thick and hot but if you don't use loads of it then I've never thought it was a problem. Liquid foundations aren't bad for me in the winter but I find that in summer I need something to keep my skin matte.

I use Virgin Vie Face Base foundation, I'd really recommend it.

Back