Blackheads/Enlarged pores on cheeks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have really large pores and blackheads on my cheeks and I am at a loss as to what to try!

The area is too sensitive for me to use any type of "strip" and trying to extract them is also....not good lol

I have tried a few masks mostly the Queen Helene Saint Ives variety but nothing has worked thus far, any suggestions?

oil cleansing. Or, putting some oils on your face after cleansing as an overnight skin treatment.

For deep cleaning on oily skin, castor oil works well. I have found it to be a little bit drying. Other oils I use are jojoba, olive and Vitamin E oil (very healing).

Oil cleansing might work, yes, i know it helps with my nose pores. I also like to use baking soda as facescrub, works well too.

For masks i'm a big fan of clay, green is great for oily skins, but nowadays i tend to prefer pink (for sensitive skins) and moroccan clay. I usually mix it with water, and i like to add a drop of essential oil, tea tree oil (not my fave, it can be too harsh) or lavender.

Try yogurt, soda and bread!

Over one peace of bread put two spoon yogurt and soda. After 10 minutes , put on your face! starts to wash your face with that texture. Is good to use hydrated cream after procedure !

The bread is like scrub, yogurt (but I am not sore what type of yogurt you use, take natural with 3,5 or 4,00 % oil) for bright and elasticity! Soda for problem skin for black spots and acne problems. Make it 1 time weekly !

Originally Posted by Midnight Blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif oil cleansing. Or, putting some oils on your face after cleansing as an overnight skin treatment.
For deep cleaning on oily skin, castor oil works well. I have found it to be a little bit drying. Other oils I use are jojoba, olive and Vitamin E oil (very healing).

Oil to help blackheads and large pores? I'll have to try it, I would think that the pores are big because they have oil in them, but I haven't been able to make mine smaller, and again will try this.

Originally Posted by MissMaryMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oil to help blackheads and large pores? I'll have to try it, I would think that the pores are big because they have oil in them, but I haven't been able to make mine smaller, and again will try this. That is what I thought....what kind of oil should be used, and how would we go about doing this? Just rub it in? Do we rinse it off after??

Yep. LOL I know it's counter-intuitive and I was skeptical myself. The type of oil you use depends on your skin type really. For me, when my skin is drier -- like in winter -- I use jojoba and olive. In the summer, with heat and humidity, when my t-zone is more oily, castor oil works better.

Oil actually deep cleans pores without stripping your skin. It is not harsh at all. I usually just dampen my face with a cloth, then apply the oil, massaging it in to my trouble spots -- nose especially. Leave it sit for a few minutes then wipe off the excess, put a warm cloth over my face for a minute or two, then wipe again. Rinse with water.

I'm sure if you did a search for "oil cleansing" or "oil cleansing method" you'd find even more information about it. It actually works much better than you might think. You also can use some oils as an overnight treatment. I do that most of the time. I like to use Vitamin E oil for that.

Also, you really can't change the physical size of your pores, but if they are super clean with no blackheads, they appear much smaller to the eye, which is great.

So, simply using oil can actually deep-clean the pores? I REALLY need to find something to do this because I've had zero luck in getting them clean.

well, it may have helped a teeny bit, but i only tried it 2 times since i've read this, if i can only remember to keep it up, that's the hard part. I noticed less blackheads. I'll keep you guys posted.

I think it's working, I've been using the Bio Oil (since it won't help my stretch marks) and vitamin e oil. I have less blackheads, and my right cheek has less surface of enlarged pores. This seems weird. I'm going to continue, because I've seen no harm yet.

How does oil help with enlarged skin pores. As far as I know.. oil when ac***ulates within the skin pores gives rise to acne blemishes and inflammations.

Originally Posted by marilynnsyrett /img/forum/go_quote.gif How does oil help with enlarged skin pores. As far as I know.. oil when ac***ulates within the skin pores gives rise to acne blemishes and inflammations. I know, I thought the same thing, but my skin is looking better. I have less of an "orange rind" look.
I guess it's kinda when someone asks "how do i stop retaining water?" and then they're told to drink more water.

Not all oils clog your pores. Just because a product is called oil doesn't mean it's bad. Oils have interesting properties in skincare.

try these threads for more info on oil cleansing:

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...hod-92121.html

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...hod-40402.html

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...res-68425.html

smile.gif

This is so weird.... its working for you MissMAryMAc?

Hmm, I dont like whats in the Bio Oil personally.... maybe I could try Castor Oil.? Would I get that at the grocery store?

Back