question about make up counter job

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi i am eva i am new to the board i am wondering how much do i expect to earn per hour working at a make up counter? i am a cosmetologist and i live in michigan. since i am a cosmetologist would that help me get the job easier and help me get a higher hourly wage? the reason why i want to get a job at a make up counter is because, i currently work at a salon and i just dont have the passion for it, i want to get more training into esthetics (post grad courses and such, skin care and make up my is true passion) i would like to work at a makeup counter because i can make an hourly wage and be able to pay for my training and practice my skill with make up and the business side of it because i want to become a make up artist on the side while i start working as a skin therapist. i would like to hear lots of suggestions, opinions and input. that would be greatly appreciated. thanks. hope to hear from you soon.

eva

Originally Posted by cosmo2127 hi i am eva i am new to the board i am wondering how much do i expect to earn per hour working at a make up counter? i am a cosmetologist and i live in michigan. since i am a cosmetologist would that help me get the job easier and help me get a higher hourly wage? the reason why i want to get a job at a make up counter is because, i currently work at a salon and i just dont have the passion for it, i want to get more training into esthetics (post grad courses and such, skin care and make up my is true passion) i would like to work at a makeup counter because i can make an hourly wage and be able to pay for my training and practice my skill with make up and the business side of it because i want to become a make up artist on the side while i start working as a skin therapist. i would like to hear lots of suggestions, opinions and input. that would be greatly appreciated. thanks. hope to hear from you soon.
eva

can anyone please help?

Hi Eva, i cant help you sorry! I live in ireland and i'm not in the MU industry so i wouldnt know the rates. I'm sure someone will post an answer if they know it when they see this thread
biggrin.gif

If you work at Nordies, probably $10 or more. I got $11 an hour with very little experience. At Hechts or Macys, probably a little less. You will most likely make commission. Hope that helped!

welcome!

i know with macy's they work at the base pay and work on commission. not sure about the other department stores

Back