-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Swapping at MuT

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 17 OFFLINE   ~Angela~

~Angela~

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:02 AM

What can we do to get the swapping up? I've sought after swaps now for several months and I don't even receive a reply

Now that I'm on a No-Buy for the rest of the year I'd love to try new things still but through swapping to save a buck.

A lot of people recommend MUA but ahhhh.... this is my home I stick to what I know. I just wish the swapping was up... is there anything we can do?
"You Know You're In Love When You Can't Fall Asleep Because Reality Is Finally Better Than Your Dreams"
-Dr Seuss

#Post 2 of 17 OFFLINE   Aprill

Aprill

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts
  • Joined 09-January 07

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

Its honestly kinda hard here because it seems like we dont have alot of active members wanting to swap. I would still suggest getting a mua account and just using that to research deeper into someone's history of swapping. Unless they have like 20+ feedback herre and that wont be many. Make a swap list, add items and read others swap lists and wish lists. I wont lie, I dont do things as directed, I will pm back and forth with whomever I want to swap with and go from there, I really dont list :/

#Post 3 of 17 OFFLINE   emily_3383

emily_3383

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,286 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:58 AM

go to MUA. Swapping is like non existent here.

#Post 4 of 17 OFFLINE   Nick007

Nick007

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Joined 12-January 07

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:22 AM

I would love to swap, too. I really need to save money. I don't have a list either.
NYX Distributor

#Post 5 of 17 OFFLINE   Aprill

Aprill

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts
  • Joined 09-January 07

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:30 AM

yall make a list! swapping is fun when you do it with the right people!

#Post 6 of 17 OFFLINE   Sexy Sadie

Sexy Sadie

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Joined 01-August 08

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by LUVINBEAUTY View Post
What can we do to get the swapping up? I've sought after swaps now for several months and I don't even receive a reply

Now that I'm on a No-Buy for the rest of the year I'd love to try new things still but through swapping to save a buck.

A lot of people recommend MUA but ahhhh.... this is my home I stick to what I know. I just wish the swapping was up... is there anything we can do?
I understand what you mean, I had a Lancome Erica F up here for swapping for weecks and noone contacted me about it. It is a shadow that goes for serious money in Ebay because it is not available in the US.

#Post 7 of 17 OFFLINE   sooperficial

sooperficial

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:54 PM

I'm down to swap with some MUT ladies too. I have a whole traincase full of stuff I haven't touched in MONTHS. I'll be working on my swap list today.

#Post 8 of 17 OFFLINE   Sexy Sadie

Sexy Sadie

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Joined 01-August 08

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:00 PM

Great.

#Post 9 of 17 OFFLINE   Nick007

Nick007

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Joined 12-January 07

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Aprill View Post
yall make a list! swapping is fun when you do it with the right people!
That means I would have to move, lol. I'm so tired all the time now, it's frusterating. The list is the way to go! I'm not looking for anything in particular but if something catches my eye I will swap for it for something I have.
NYX Distributor

#Post 10 of 17 OFFLINE   lalalalila

lalalalila

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by LUVINBEAUTY View Post

I'm on MUA too but I mostly just go on there to look up product ratings/reviews. I heart MUT!

I've always wanted to swap but the horror stories have scared me.
"Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale her infinite variety. Other women cloy the appetites they feed; but she makes hungry where most she satisfies."

#Post 11 of 17 OFFLINE   Director

Director

MuT Babysitter

• Administrators
  • 22,224 posts
  • Joined 22-October 03

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:46 PM

Yeah, it's strange, our swap center is very much like MUA's but is more functional with the way it works. Oh well. maybe it will pick up someday

facebook-projectmgr2.png

Need Help? Hit our Tech Support Forums

#Post 12 of 17 OFFLINE   Orangeeyecrayon

Orangeeyecrayon

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • Joined 27-November 06

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

I had tried swapping here, but i found it discouraging because i never got replys and i found most people had there wants very limmited.

additionally lets say you only have one item up for swap, you can only request a trade one person at a time which is kinda anoying because if the person did not get on to either agree or disaree to the swap you could not move on to another item you would trade for

#Post 13 of 17 OFFLINE   ~Angela~

~Angela~

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:03 AM

So I'm trying to getting my swap on at MUA. I've been getting some hits here and there hopefully close the deal on one soon and I'll let you know how it goes tootles!
"You Know You're In Love When You Can't Fall Asleep Because Reality Is Finally Better Than Your Dreams"
-Dr Seuss

#Post 14 of 17 OFFLINE   BeautifullyMADE

BeautifullyMADE

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Joined 10-May 07

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

BUMP! I was reading over this and I have never swapped before, but I defintely want to start. I have to read MUT's rules about swapping because I'm not 100 percent certain how eveything goes but, I'm sure I'll get it soon!

I'm now a member on the mua site--going to check things out a little and I'll give it a try on here as well.

If anyone is interested in swapping some stuff PM me or contact me @ http://www.makeupalley.com/p~MUFaNaTic

TTYL!

#Post 15 of 17 OFFLINE   Orangeeyecrayon

Orangeeyecrayon

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • Joined 27-November 06

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

Okay, i am putting all my swap items up now on MUA,

my user name is orangeeyecrayon

also i decided against selling any, i got hanukah money, and since i love makeup it is all being swapped!

#Post 16 of 17 OFFLINE   ~Angela~

~Angela~

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:20 AM

Woohoo! Finished my first swap and it turned out great! oh yeah! Going to swap some more
-Dr Seuss

#Post 17 of 17 OFFLINE   Aprill

Aprill

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts
  • Joined 09-January 07

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:38 AM

imma go have a look!