Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Shampoo&Conditioner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got the 64 oz. HSH Pumpkin Conditioner at TJMaxx for only $19.95 and I was wondering if it's authentic?

It worries me because it is so cheap.

I have a HSH Pumpkin conditioner that I got from a salon and I compared it to the one from TJ. The texture of the TJ one is thinker and more chunky. The one from the salon is smooth.

The packaging is also different. The label on the salon bottle seems to be printed on the bottle and the fonts are in orange and brown. As for the TJ one, the label is a sticker and the fonts are in brown only.

Help please?

Well proffessional shampoos and conditioners usually say on the bottles from sold at profesional salons only

^^^ Which is a bald faced lie and I wish they would stop telling people that. I buy Bed Head from CVS, Walgreens,, Kroger, and Rite Aid. They are not fakes. The problem with buying Beauty products from TJ Maxx and Kohls and stores like that is that they may be old. TJ Maxx sells overstocked products at a discounted price. Your shampoo can be the old formula of that shampoo, they changed it, clearanced it off, TJ Maxx bought it and sold it to you. Salon brands are sold in places...other than salons.

It's fine! I bought the same exact conditioner recently! I loved it, and I used it up already!It worked really well. All of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls stuff is authentic, so no worries. It's just what April said....... :)

Thanks so much everyone for easing my worries!

heart.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif ^^^ Which is a bald faced lie and I wish they would stop telling people that. I buy Bed Head from CVS, Walgreens,, Kroger, and Rite Aid. They are not fakes. The problem with buying Beauty products from TJ Maxx and Kohls and stores like that is that they may be old. TJ Maxx sells overstocked products at a discounted price. Your shampoo can be the old formula of that shampoo, they changed it, clearanced it off, TJ Maxx bought it and sold it to you. Salon brands are sold in places...other than salons. But there is no guarantee as to their authenticity or age. Redken changed their packaging to their HotSets, and 2 years later I still saw the old packaging at CVS. Of course, the price at Target, CVS, and the like are the same price as salons!
So OP, I'm guessing you got some really old shampoo.

Originally Posted by LuckyCharm /img/forum/go_quote.gif But there is no guarantee as to their authenticity or age. Redken changed their packaging to their HotSets, and 2 years later I still saw the old packaging at CVS. Of course, the price at Target, CVS, and the like are the same price as salons!
So OP, I'm guessing you got some really old shampoo.

Does shampoo/conditioner get bad?

Prank-Don't worry, it should be fine! Mine worked perfectly.I always buy hair products from TJ and Marshalls and I never have a problem. Plus I just had the same exact one that you are inquiring about.

I saw a video once from Paul Mitchell telling customers that the products of his at CVS are not authorized by him to be there... but I don't know if that means they're not authentic.

they put that there just in case there was prob a law suit a long long time ago over this.

it should be the right brand it sounds like you just have one that has old packaging

Hi there,

Unfortunately a big problem in the beauty and Hair industry is product diversion. This basically means that somewhere along the line while shipping product from point A to point B, some product gets into the wrong peoples hands and ends up in places it shouldn't be sold. As someone else pointed out, genuine salon products always have a 'guaranteed only when purchased from a professional salon' disclaimer printed on the back.

A lot of companies are now putting tracking codes on the products so they can track who, how and where the diversion has taken place. It's a slow process, but think of it this way...Would you get your hair cut in a drug store? If the answer is no, then you shouldn't be purchasing your professional products in a drug/department type store either.

Back