Broken Capillaries

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...Are really annoying.

I've started to notice some small ones around my mouth (from what I've read, the most common place to get them). They're not obvious; but when I look at my bare face in the mirror, I can't keep from focusing on my flaws. They're nothing a little bit of concealer can't fix...but ughhh! Just the fact that I even have them!!!!!

Anyone know of a fix for broken capillaries?

I think laser treatment would be wayyyyy too drastic. But if anyone knows anything that can treat and/or prevent them, I would really appreciate your advice!

Chamomile is great for broken capillaries. If you can, mix it with a moisturizer, and/or drink chamomile tea. It does take a while, though.

I definitely sympathize...I have them on the sides of my nose. No one else really notices them, but they're hideously obvious to me!

Salt, blood pressure, lack of sleep and alcohol are the main contributors to broken facial capillaries. It may be easier to find the underlying cause and restrict or correct them than it will be to hide them as they will just keep creeping until you control what is causing them. With me it was mostly salt intake.

Chamomile floral water or infusion, it's very soothing and you can use it on your puffy eyes as well. I know it goes without saying, but sunscreen is a must, i read that about rosacea but i think it applies here too : the sun attacks the elasticity of your skin, therefore your blood vessels as less constricted, they expand, and the redness expands too.

Avoiding extreme temperatures helps, and of course the wind blowing on your face is a total no go, so in the middle of winter i like to apply another coat of moisturizer or even some cold cream on my cheeks (which is where i tend to get them). It definitely helps.

Thank you so much, ladies!

I'm definitely going to invest in some chamomile tea.

I use sunscreen everyday, even when there is no sun. So I know that's not the cause of my broken capillaries. I'm pretty sure the cause of them is my lack of sleep. *Sigh*

Don't tell me about it, i barely get six hours of sleep lately, and i realise it's not enough for my skin.

Back