-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Dewy Makeup Look

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 23 OFFLINE   babykisses

babykisses

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Joined 14-October 05

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:43 PM

Hey Everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice or tips on how to create a dewy makeup look, something very natural and pretty. The dewy makeup look is my fav!! I always see it being used on runways at fashion shows. Any advice on how to achieve it would help. Lots of Love, xoxo

#Post 2 of 23 OFFLINE   LOVECHIC

LOVECHIC

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Joined 11-October 05

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:02 PM

Cream eyeshadows, and blushes are good for making a "dewy" face.
Black AmericanHoney Brown-Yellow undertonesDry to normal skinDark brown hairBrown eyes

#Post 3 of 23 OFFLINE   LuckyMe

LuckyMe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:18 PM

People comment to me alot that I have a "dewy" look and I use MAC's Hyperreal foundation.
">

#Post 4 of 23 OFFLINE   cottoncandy

cottoncandy

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:37 PM

what exactly is a dewy look?

#Post 5 of 23 OFFLINE   BeneBaby

BeneBaby

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Joined 10-June 05

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:47 PM

For my "Dewy" Look I use a sheer, moisturizing foundation and a highlighter on my cheekbones. I really like Benefit HighBeam for that. Glossy lips also look good with a dewy face. Oh..... and the term "dewy" (for those who don't know) is a type of finish to the face or foundation. It usually means a little shiny and fresh looking. It is the opposite of a matte face.
Hey friends....Looking for a Makeup Artist in Northern California?
Check out my flyer in the Makeup Artist Forum here.I am also swapping ALOT of stuff.....

#Post 6 of 23 OFFLINE   Cirean

Cirean

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • Joined 26-August 05

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:50 PM

Gel blushes are great for getting a dewy look, Stila makes one in a stick format I really like. Using a tinted mosturiser instead of foundation would help too.

#Post 7 of 23 OFFLINE   ikebana

ikebana

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 02-August 05

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:40 AM

I like to mix in a highlighter into my foundation for a dewy look. My favorite is Chanel's Pure Brilliance Liquid (there are two shades: Bronzelit and Sun Kissed).
Vanessa

#Post 8 of 23 OFFLINE   AspiringArtist

AspiringArtist

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 15-October 05

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by babykisses
Hey Everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice or tips on how to create a dewy makeup look, something very natural and pretty. The dewy makeup look is my fav!! I always see it being used on runways at fashion shows. Any advice on how to achieve it would help. Lots of Love, xoxo
To acheive a dewy look, I mix Armani Fluid Sheer #2 with tinted moisturizer for all over the face. I conceal as needed and use YSL Touche Eclait under the eyes and the dot a half moon shape around the eyes to above the brow then sort of pat it in. I dust (with a brush) translucent powder. I rub a bit of BeneFit's Glamazon on the areas where the sun would hit my face and then dab a bit of BeneFit High Beam on my cheek bones over a cream blush. For eyes, I use a MAC paint in my color of choice that day, usually something more on the nude site with some black mascara and liner or I'll use BeneFit's Gilded pencil to line and use a more gold toned shadow like Clinique's Touch Tint in a golden sparkle shade. For lips I vaseline them before I start my makeup and then use a pinkier/peach gloss like Nymphette. It's just my thing.. I really like doing a dewy look.

#Post 9 of 23 OFFLINE   Liz

Liz

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,574 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 16 October 2005 - 02:01 AM

i use mac's hyperreal foundation. but if you don't want it all over your face, use a satin finish foundation and add something like stila's liquid all over shimmer on your cheek area.
Liz

#Post 10 of 23 OFFLINE   LOVECHIC

LOVECHIC

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Joined 11-October 05

Posted 16 October 2005 - 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Liz
i use mac's hyperreal foundation. but if you don't want it all over your face, use a satin finish foundation and add something like stila's liquid all over shimmer on your cheek area.
Good idea!
Black AmericanHoney Brown-Yellow undertonesDry to normal skinDark brown hairBrown eyes

#Post 11 of 23 OFFLINE   Bhav

Bhav

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:59 AM

I like to use products after my foundation to get the dewy look - that way i can place the dewiness where i want it. If i'm using a liquid, i use Prescriptives Magic Illuminating Potion. Or if i'm using a powder, i like MAC Skinfinish in Shimpagne. HTH!

#Post 12 of 23 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:07 AM

Mac's Hyper Real is great for a dewy finish on your skin but if you have only a matte foundation try to mix it with a highlighter like Ikebana said!!Posted Image
22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair
LLL/ Mac NC20/ EDM Light/ Stila Shade C

#Post 13 of 23 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Trisha
there are many ways to achieve the look!
  • light reflecting/dewy finish fndt
  • tinted moisturiser
  • highlighter product (Stila AOS, MAC MSF, GA Fluid Sheer) either mixed with fndt or on high planes of face
  • cream/gel blush or gloss
Trisha i wanted to ask you if Stila's Pivotal Skin is a reflecting/dewy finish fndt??Posted Image
22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair

#Post 14 of 23 OFFLINE   greeneyedangel

greeneyedangel

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts
  • Joined 31-August 05

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:00 AM

My foundation has a dewy finish and I also use Mac's Shimpagne MSF.

#Post 15 of 23 OFFLINE   anne7

anne7

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,716 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:41 PM

I use separate powders or lotions to get the dewy look, since I have never found a shimmery foundation that matched my skin. I use Wet'n'Wild All Over Shimmer and Acapulco Glow (great cheapy drugstore finds!), BareMinerals foundation (light dusting), Aromaleigh finishing powder, and Sally Hansen skin brightener, although I have a major lemming for Stila's liquid luminizer!
all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

#Post 16 of 23 OFFLINE   anne7

anne7

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,716 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:00 PM

Sorry if i helped that lemming grow, the AOS Liquid is beautiful tho!
Points finger at Trisha...its all her fault! lolPosted Image Is it released in the UK yet? How do the colors differ on? I can't decide which one I want the most!

#Post 17 of 23 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:32 AM

it does give a lovely dewy finish, i prefer it to the Illuminating Liquid Foundation!

plus Pivotal has SPF8 and is oil free, the sponge is anti bacterial! x
Thanks Trish!!Posted Image
22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair

#Post 18 of 23 OFFLINE   anne7

anne7

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,716 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:29 PM

bumping this thread to see if Trisha can help me out with the Stila luminizers...Posted Image

#Post 19 of 23 OFFLINE   anne7

anne7

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,716 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

we havent had them in yet! but i'll photo them and give you more info when they come in! x
Oh really? Sorry, I thought that the UK had them, but you and some of the other UK girls say that some things take longer to come out there; patience is a virtue! Posted Image Hope I'm not being a bother Posted Image

#Post 20 of 23 OFFLINE   devinjhans

devinjhans

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  • Joined 22-June 05

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:44 PM

i use mac select tint foundation and cream color base or skinfinish for the cheeks or both. cream blushes and shadows are great too. i use a vibrant e/s on the eye like amber lights or woodwinked and finish with a nice glossy lip. then dust the face with a dry powder or face brush
29 years oldAfrican AmericanGolden Brown Skin(nc45)CombinationDark Brown HairBrown Eyeshttp://dfiningfaces.com/ "coming soon"