Sinus pressure?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what product over the counter could I take for sinus pressure that won't make me jittery or sleepy

I have sinus problems too, or at least I think it's sinuses...I feel a sort of 'build up' of gunk at the back of my nose/throat, and have to try and bring it up with a disgusting snort
frown.gif
Only trouble is, when I do, I can feel it coming up, but nothing actually comes out, and even if I do manage to get rid of some phlegm, the problem is only cured for a couple of hours at most
frown.gif

I've had this problem since childhood; it plagues me countless times each day, and lately it's got worse and I feel really self conscious because friends and strangers alike are noticing the disgusting sniff/snort noise it is necessary for me to make...I've been thinking about nasal sprays and stuff, but am lost as to what exactly to look for
frown.gif

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have sinus problems too, or at least I think it's sinuses...I feel a sort of 'build up' of gunk at the back of my nose/throat, and have to try and bring it up with a disgusting snort
frown.gif
Only trouble is, when I do, I can feel it coming up, but nothing actually comes out, and even if I do manage to get rid of some phlegm, the problem is only cured for a couple of hours at most
frown.gif

I've had this problem since childhood; it plagues me countless times each day, and lately it's got worse and I feel really self conscious because friends and strangers alike are noticing the disgusting sniff/snort noise it is necessary for me to make...I've been thinking about nasal sprays and stuff, but am lost as to what exactly to look for
frown.gif

well the dr told me to use a neti pot or nasal irrigation syrine with the salt and alkanol solution.. you can google it

If your sinuses are blocked, get a blend of different respiratory essential oils, like eucalyptus, pine, niaouli, ravintsara (try pharmacy or healthfood store). Then you add some drops of the blend (i trust the manufacturer's recommendations for the precise dose) and dilute in boiling water.

Either you use a basic bowl with a towel over your head, or you get one of these :

images

You can get one at the pharmacy, it's inexpensive and useful.

In your bedroom or even living room, think about humidifiers to hang on the radiators, fill them with water and i like to add a drop of that essential oils blend. It creates humidity in the room, i find it helps with respiratory issues.

In aromatherapy you can also find atomizers, which are really neat.

Back