Which YouTube Gurus have you unsusbscribed from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I used to be subscribed to a lot, and have slowly been dumping people who have become YouTube ads. I am thinking very much recently about dumping sccastaneda. I know I dumped angeecc (I think? Makeup by Momma G) for doing nothing but promote ***** Slap Cosmetics. I could never get into the snotty sisters (Elle and Blair), and I know a few others I have dumped but have forgotten the names of.

I don't mean this as a bash the gurus thread. I am just curious as to how people feel now about the gurus they once liked. YouTube has become saturated with them, and unfortunately many (though not all) have been swayed by freebies and paid advertisements.

Oh, I remember. I got sick of filthygorgeousmakeup.

All of the make up gurus. Can not stand them anymore. All of the metal jack as girls as well. Not professional to stumble drunk on festivals and make a pass on every musician you talk to, when you actually are there to work as a "journalist".

I haven't unsubscribed to any, really. I only have a few on my list (DivaMakeUpQueen, Fashionismycrush, Michelle Phan, and KlaireDeLysArt).

Most times I don't watch the videos if they don't interest me. I usually skip out on Michelle's make up videos (they're only Lancome now, but whatever.) and watch her home tutorial videos. That pore strip thing? Genious.

For the most part, I won't subscribe to anyone with a shitty camera. Nothing irks me more.

Michelle Phan.....I just got tired of her, plus her application of makeup is nothing to brag about.

itsjudytime, fafinettex3 both put out so-so videos now and fafi stays getting hacked

Theres more but for the most part I unsubscribed because their a walking commercial, they are not doing it for the fun anymore their doing it for the money and fame. They give good reviews to things they know aren't good or things that they would never buy or touch with a ten inch pole.

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif Theres more but for the most part I unsubscribed because their a walking commercial, they are not doing it for the fun anymore their doing it for the money and fame. They give good reviews to things they know aren't good or things that they would never buy or touch with a ten inch pole.

You nailed it.
rockwoot.gif

I unsubscribed from Michelle Phan too. Used to love her, nut she does crappy makeup now and I hate her contacts.

I unsubscribed from queenbeeuty (Kalel Cullen) because she deletes all her videos pretty much every other week.

I'm not sure i have unsubscribed, but i just skip Pursebuzz and Michelle Phan. There's really nothing interesting me in their videos, so i just skip them.

I still watch a few other channels, but i've realised nothing turns me off more than the tutorials on "*name a celebrity here* *name a videoclip here* look". I mean, sure, it's nice and interesting to recreate a look, it's not my cup of tea.

Originally Posted by bbrdgt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I unsubscribed from queenbeeuty (Kalel Cullen) because she deletes all her videos pretty much every other week. She didnt delete them herself, she was hacked :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not sure i have unsubscribed, but i just skip Pursebuzz and Michelle Phan. There's really nothing interesting me in their videos, so i just skip them.
I still watch a few other channels, but i've realised nothing turns me off more than the tutorials on "*name a celebrity here* *name a videoclip here* look". I mean, sure, it's nice and interesting to recreate a look, it's not my cup of tea.

I stopped watching Pursebuzz and EnKore too.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I stopped watching Pursebuzz and EnKore too. Same here. I also stopped watching TiffanyD. TBH I haven't watched any tutorials in a looong time.

I still watch enkore, from time, like recently he did a video on colorants, which was very interesting. The rest i skip.

I never subscribed to TiffanyD, but i don't look for her videos either.

For me the problem is:

1. The Tube is too big and to comersialized by now. It is gone the same way as Etsy.

2. I am not that good at following a video. I prefer tutorials in still images. That I can manage to follow and try.

3. Too many posers on the tube.

I've unsubscribed from a few also, but I can't remember who. The annoying product pushers, i just skip their videos now that youtube has that function. But if I do stop and it's another advertisement, after another, I unsubscribe.

I don´t think I´ve unsubscribed to any of the big gurus. Some I watch for entertainment purposes, others to actually learn something. I`m not too bothered by the "commercial" videos, some I watch, others I skip.

Oh yeah I forgot...I unsubscribed to eleventhgorgeous, just because they I realized how annoying they are to me.

JulieG713 (I think that's right), I can't stand her sub-par tutorials and her over-exaggerated valley girl voice. I'm on my way to unsubscribing from Panacea81, Michelle Phan, Marlena (Makeupgeek), Lisasz09. They just aren't real. They aren't doing it for the love, but for the perks and free shit and as a spring board to launch their own ideas. That's wack.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to be subscribed to a lot, and have slowly been dumping people who have become YouTube ads. I am thinking very much recently about dumping sccastaneda. I know I dumped angeecc (I think? Makeup by Momma G) for doing nothing but promote ***** Slap Cosmetics. I could never get into the snotty sisters (Elle and Blair), and I know a few others I have dumped but have forgotten the names of.
I don't mean this as a bash the gurus thread. I am just curious as to how people feel now about the gurus they once liked. YouTube has become saturated with them, and unfortunately many (though not all) have been swayed by freebies and paid advertisements.

Oh, I remember. I got sick of filthygorgeousmakeup.

I like MommaGee but I don't think we'll be seeing anymore B-Slap Cosmetics anytime soon. There was some major controversy between the owner and the team...and everyone left except for her I think.
Oh how could I forget about Sigma spokesperson Tiffany D!!! SIGMA SIGMA SIGMA SIGMA SIGMA SIGMA!!!! UGH!!!

Enkore is alright for information but as far as application goes it looks a sloppy mess from time to time

I cant remember specific names but i usually will unsubscribe from ppl that havent posted anything in awhile...and also the ones that just want to promote the free crap they get....

Latest posts

Back