Your favorite brown eyeshadow(s)?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is your favorite brown eyeshadow? Maybe there are several you like? Brands and shade?

My new  favorite brown eyeshadow is Urban Decay Toasted. Nice light-medium shade with gold flecks. 

I'm not a fan of brown eyeshadow with purple or red undertones. Especially when I have allergies or tired.

There are so many!

Revlon Sable

Gosh Effect Powder in Mink

Urban Decay Hustle

MAC Chocolate pigment

No name brown in the Wet n Wild Sand Castle palette

No name brown in my Dior Earth Reflection quint

I know there are more that don't come to mind quickly.

MAC: 

Mulch

Bronze

Twinks

Handwritten

Ulta brand: 

Molten

Mink

UD Twice Baked. I own that brown and I'm still looking for the "perfect" brown, so I'll stalk this thread :)

UD Twice Baked, shakedown, Secret Service.

Lancome Cashmere Pink (brown/pink).

Artdeco: # 3.206, 3.208, 30.17. 

Dior Terra Sienna

NARS Cayenne

MAC Swiss Chocolate and Rich Life

UD Buck

Lumiere Tiramisu

The ones I use over and over again, so I must love them are:

Jessie's Girl Sunlit Cactus (brown with green duochrome)

Ben Nye Raisin (Dark Terracotta)

La Femme Clove (Orange brown with gold flecks) and Burgundy (Deep matte  red brown almost wine shade)

Kryolan Tiramisu (Matte Orange brown and perfect nude for me)

Jane Brownie Points  (Deep cool  toned brown)

Sallygirl Caramel ((Beige nude)

I guess my favorite is the one i use everyday : MAC Mystery. I use it to fill my eyebrows, it's pretty much the smae color as the eyebrow pencil i was using from the brand (Stud). It's a dark "cold" (as opposed to reddish browns) brown. It's a satin finish but you don't notice it very much.

For eyeshadow, my heart is drawn to Buck and Toasted from Urban Decay, very nice. But my absolute favorite brown is actually a pencil : UD Bourbon, the gold flecks in it make my eyes pop like nothing else.

I don't own a lot of brown eyeshadows, since I have brown eyes.  But, I really like the browns in the Chanel Holiday palette - Tentation Cuivre #94 ( brown cooper, light beige, sparkling light pink, plum cooper).  Soo pretty!

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Brown shadows are great to brown eyes.

I don't really agree with you, i think brown is boring for brown eyes, or at least mine. But using my Naked palette, i'm slowly getting reconciled with that color.

Well boring wit brown shadows for brown eyes is something we can live with. Blue shadows on blue eyes are something completely different, if one is not careful, you end up looking like a russian whore. It is actually not a lie.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Brown shadows are great to brown eyes.
I don't really agree with you, i think brown is boring for brown eyes, or at least mine. But using my Naked palette, i'm slowly getting reconciled with that color.

LMBO @ Russian whore! I agree with Sadie. I like brown shadows on brown eyes. Actually, brown eyelook good with pretty much any color. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back