China Glaze Crackle Glaze

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Judging from this promo picture I think I like this better than OPI's Shatter polish. They also have more color selection that I know of. I think OPI only has a black shatter.

crackle.jpg

Lightning Bolt    Crackled Concrete    Black Mesh         Crushed Candy    Broken Hearted         Fault Line

This is cool.  I was waiting for this.  I didnt feel like paying shipping for 1 bottle but since CG has more than one than maybe getting a couple would be worth it.

For some reason I can't get into the shattered look for nails, though it is a cool effect. Maybe I'd like it better if I saw it in person.

I haven't gotten a crackle polish yet, but I was planning on picking up black shatter.  Probably not something I'd use all the time, but I feel like I gotta  have it.  I'm really interested in the concrete shade above, will definately check that one out.

I remember when Cover Girl made this 10 years ago, for some reason it didn't catch on!

I dont remeber a CG one... I would have tried it, then.

I like these, I am not sure which i like more, these or OPI Black shatter..... hmm..

I'm definitely liking these better than Black Shatter and the others (Barry M, p2, etc.). I like that there are more color options and the cracks seem a bit different than Shatter.

most of the crackles I've seen so far are pretty similar, I think its all in the application or dependent on the polish you have underneath as it does responds differently to different polishes, I like the fact there are other colour options, but for some reason I still think black crackle is my favorite, mainly cuz its an awesome contrast with absolutely any other colour polish, but the different colour ones dont have the same contrast, e.g. white crackle, I just cant see this working with every colour, all in all I do like the effect. I remember buying a red cover girl one years and years ago and i could never ever get it to work, but this new range of crackles seems to work a load better :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

in fact here's a pic of my latest shatter mani :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> mainly cuz the new turquoise crackle by china glaze shown on this page made me think of it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OPI Chip Skip
Base Coat: OPI Nail Envy 1 coat
China Glaze For Audrey 2 coats
Barry M Instant Nail Effects Crackle Polish 1 coat applied thickly quickly and not overlapping :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really do love the crackle effect!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That is actually how the turquoise one will look, they said it's very close to For Audrey! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Personally can't wait to get that one

I'm not a fan of these but they look funny for sure, i like CG is coming with more than just one of them.

Anyone else disenchanted with these? The more swatches I see the less I want them. They do not shatter like the promo images show. The shatter effect is really poor. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've seen really good pictures and then I've seen not so good pictures as well. Everyone says the purple one barely crackles due to the shimmer on it or who knows and also the way you apply it affects the finished result. I am not really a fan of the effect but I still ordered the China Glaze collection to play around with it. I'll be getting it this weekend so I'll post some pics when I try it.

Agreed.  I have not seen any pictures yet that makes me want them.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else disenchanted with these? The more swatches I see the less I want them. They do not shatter like the promo images show. The shatter effect is really poor. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does a good top coat make them not so rough?  I know that was a problem with the Cover girl ones. When they crack they leave ridges.

Back