China Glaze Crackle Glaze

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I'm iffy on these. So, you paint your nails, then apply the crackle polish? Can you not apply a topcoat to the actual like, colour varnish, and then do the crackle? Since I found Seche Vite, I can be bothered to wait for my nail polish to dry... Sometimes I like the look (nicely done, Diava!) but Temptalia's photos of these... didn't have me running to my nearest Sally's. At the same token, a bottle of ChG crackle is less than the OPI one... so, I can't decide if I should buy one for curiosity's sake... So many decisions.

I don't like it. I like my nice smooth polish too much. I don't want crunchy fingertips!

You watch though, these will grow on me, just as the fad is headed out the door. Something new will come along that I don't like and everyone else loves. lol

I purchased them to see what it was all about (never used a crackle polish before).  It's "interesting".  I don't think I'd wear it everyday but, maybe if I were going out and wanted something a little funky.

Hey Beauties, I'm surprised no one posted this but it's now on sale over Sally's for $5. If you're a pro card holder the price is $3, no idea what Beauty Card members pay. The downside is that once sold out that it's, they're out. Tronica is also on sale for $5 ($3 pro).

I wasn't sure about the crackle/shatter effect when OPI first released the black one, but when China Glaze released the 6 colors I bought the whole set (I didn't wanna be left behind on the whole trend). So here's my first try at crackle nail polish, I have to admit I'm liking it.

Even I have to admit that your skittles crackle mani is very cool, I like it!

I've been checking out videos on YouTube. From what I've seen, Barry M's crackles the best. The lines are more random. China Glaze is more of a linear crackle where Barry M is more of a random crackle.

I am not sure why but this look isn't my cup of tea. I spend so much time trying to avoid chipping and cracking that this is backwards to me haha. 

I hate to bump this, but I'm still not sure about these even after buying the OPI one today. (The guy who does my hair, bless 'em, is a little bit forgetful and just found his stock of OPI Texas, Katy Perry & Serena Williams polishes from February, and finally put them out. Lest he get the wrath of the chain...) Anywho, I finally bought a bottle of the Shatter, and I'm not really sure if I'll buy any of the CG ones, or the OPI Pirates one. I'm a little annoyed it dries matte. It's solved with a topcoat, but the matte factor makes it look a little... well, cheap. Hopefully, what looks to be silver in the Pirates collection shows up glossy.

Originally Posted by moriesnailart /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen really good pictures and then I've seen not so good pictures as well. Everyone says the purple one barely crackles due to the shimmer on it or who knows and also the way you apply it affects the finished result. I am not really a fan of the effect but I still ordered the China Glaze collection to play around with it. I'll be getting it this weekend so I'll post some pics when I try it.

I have the grey and purple one, and the grey is good but the purple will not crack no matter what i do

I have all the China Glaze crackles and to be quite honest, I only love the black.  The grey one cracks well, but I don't like the colour itself.  I tried the purple, pink and blue and they didn't work as well as the black.  I have not tried the white yet.

Back