OPI: The Pirates of the Caribbean

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has posted about the upcoming OPI: The Pirates of the Caribbean collection. The collection will come out on May 1 the collection include Skull & Glossbones, Mermaid's Tears, Planks a Lot, Sparrow Me the Drama, Steady as She Rose, and Stranger Tides. On top of that collection OPI will also be releasing a 2nd shatter but in SILVER!

I love the colors they're simple and these would be great using the water marbling technique <3
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I actually posted about it last week over at Beautylish but forgot to add it to my blog until a few days later.

Pre-order for the Shatter is now available for pros with the actual collection being available for pre-order beginning on Monday. I've just placed my pre-order for the Silver Shatter.

No word on Femme de Cirque's availablity for pre-order (for pros). I've asked my rep for info but won't hear from her until Monday. I'll ask my other rep (at a different company) if they'll be getting the Pirates collection or the Femme collectoin.

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may have to break my anti-Shatter feelings for that Silver one. Fabulous!

Same...I don't like shatters, but the silver one could be interesting. I wish OPI photos of polishes were closer to what the shades actually are IRL. These don't look like anything special (aside from silver shatter), but half the time they'll release a collection like this and then it turns out the shades are much more interesting than they looked in the promo pics.

These aren't the colours I would expect for pirates of the carribbean. The silver shatter is pretty but I think I will pass.

They look very pastel to me, great for the marbling technique but alone? I think i'll wait until i see what they look like IRL.

I don't think I'll run to get these. I've seen swatches with the silver shatter on top of them and it looks pretty but that's about it.

I think I'll pass on these as well. The silver shatter looks great though and maybe together they are a great combo just not for me.

I just got back from the Caribbean and the waters were very vivid greens and blues! I don't know if these pastels exactly match the theme, but oh well. The silver shatter if nice because it will be less harsh then the black shatter. Less punk and more funk? haha!

Oh wow, I just Googled the swatches, and I'd hoped that the OPI photographs in this post would be completely inaccurate, but they really ARE just pastel cremes...none of which belong in a Caribbean collection. What was OPI thinking when they developed these shades for A.) the summer, and B.) a sea theme? I'd need to see more swatches of the silver shatter to decide if I like it or not. I was only able to find 1 swatch of it.

I'm not too sure about these... I don't really feel as if they're anything special, to be honest. I usually love when OPI comes out with a new collection, and I LOVE POTC - but these shades just aren't doing it for me.

The colours somehow don't really go with Pirates of the Caribbean for me. I'll be giving these ones a miss!

xoxo,

Roxanne

Love the colors... 

I just can't see where the pirates and the caribbean come in?

I'm from the caribbean and these are not the colors I think of when I think of the caribbean nor pirates.

Great colors though.

These look like really great colors, but they don't look like they fit the "Pirates of the Caribbean" feel.  I was expecting dark, rusty, mossy colors.  Things that fit the tone and colors of the movies.  Granted, it is springtime and it's release is in the summer so these colors are more seasonal but I think they could have come up with something a little more unique and exciting.

Back