What ONE product did you buy that was a total let down?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For me, it was the Beauties Factory 120 warm palette.  It was newly on the market when I bought it so there wasn't any reviews or YouTubes of it.  Let me say I was TOTALLY let down when I got it.  There's no pigmentation and all the shadows are extremely chalky.  This is one makeup product that will permanently sit on my shelf till I give it away.  What's your dust collector????

For me it was the Too Faced lip insurance, I bought it hoping it would make my lipstick and lipgloss last longer but all it does is drying them out!!! All the lipsticks turn matte and dry into clumps in the corner of my lips and as soon as I drink from a glass half of the lipstick is gone, absolutely worthless product!

Maybelline Wet/Watershine lipstick.

It was grainy in texture, not as glossy as I expected and coverage was poor.

Revlon Colorstay powder.  It was like I just pasted my face with flour.  It didn't blend into my skin and just sat on top of my makeup.  I thought maybe because the foundation was great that the powder would be good too.

L'Oreal True Match foundation...It was flakey, and then it wouldnt come off! It just smeared around my skin. I was not impressed.I like the powder though, although I think I need a lighter shade. 

urban decay surreal cream to powder foundation compact. coverage is only okay, feels nice on the skin HOWEVER the pot is literally 2 mm thick! had a whole in the middle by a week not worth the money!

Pop Spakle sauce, it's supposed to give any shadow a pretty golden sheen, I didn't notice anything!

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstain - I thought a stain would *stain* my lips, but it's gone after an hour.

L'Oreal Voluminous. Carbon Black, Naturale, Waterproof, Curved brush. Bought multiple times in multiple incarnations, and it never works for me. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. No colour match. Not nessecarily the fault of Chanel, but it really makes me sour! Revlon PhotoReady foundation. CoverFX Brite Prep SPF50. Great sun protection, brightening, and promise of a dewier finish? Absolute disaster. Greasy, metallic sheen, silver overcast, and did absolutely nothing for face makeup longevity.

L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting base.  According to them, this was supposed to help with smoothening your face and creating a nice canvas to work with when putting on makeup..also to keep away grease....well....it created nothing of the sort...It felt good...nice and smooth when I just got it on...and within one minute (no exaggeration) it was gone....absolute waste of money.

Charlotte Island false tan by LUSH.

I was so excited about this product when it first came out because I love LUSH and usually find their products amazing.

This stuff had rave reviews and was selling out quick so I ran to my local LUSH store and bought two large bottles of the stuff.

Tried it once and it was terrible. It turned my skin a brick red sort of colour and came off flakey everywhere. Thank god it washes off!

So two full bottles sit on my dresser until I can find someone to take them from me... only upside is it smells nice.

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Black.. TOTAL complete garbage.. No pigmentation, smudges moments after you put it on (before it dries) and fades like hell to a nasty ashy grey color.. Haha I just reviewed this yesterday in my blog and I hope I dragged this product through the mud so much that anyone who reads it won't buy it lol

Yeah it's a shame! I love the product but holy crap.. so expensive and SO little product.

Originally Posted by sarah_elizabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

urban decay surreal cream to powder foundation compact. coverage is only okay, feels nice on the skin HOWEVER the pot is literally 2 mm thick! had a whole in the middle by a week not worth the money!

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
L'Oreal Voluminous. Carbon Black, Naturale, Waterproof, Curved brush. Bought multiple times in multiple incarnations, and it never works for me.

The original Voluminous is my HG.  I swear by it.  Sorry it didnt work well for you 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by nailenvyuser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybelline Wet/Watershine lipstick.

It was grainy in texture, not as glossy as I expected and coverage was poor.

exactly what i thought

Back