Am I the only one that hates L'oreal Voluminous Mascara?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gosh I heard so much hoopla about this mascara when I was just getting on the makeup scene....It is on like....all "go to" drugstore brand mascara lists....so finally I got one...At first I didn't know which one to get, because there are so many versions, I just ended up getting the original non-water proof one.  The thing does what it is supposed to do, buff up your lashes, but boy does it clump it up as well....I usually have to go over this mascara with my Maybelline Full & Soft to pull out some of the clumps.  Doing a second coat for me is cause for a disaster...all my lashes just stick together never to be separated again...maybe I got a bad one?  I dunno.

I hate that mascara! It made my lashes look much shorter, it clumped and it flaked a lot! I only bought it because many people seemed to like it.

Shorter?  WOW.  It gives me va-va-va-voom!!!! I swear my lashes can almost touch my brow it gives me such length. 

Of all the mascaras I own, this one gives me the most volume, but I can't deal with the clumping.

I have not tried it yet. I'm happy with the one I just bought, Revlon Lash Fantasy. It has primer on one side. and I think it's actually the primer I like. My husband asked one day if I had fake lashes on, that made me really like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> He said my lashes looked really long.

Hmmm? I LOVE this mascara! I've been using it forever. I'm using their Collagen mascara right now. My lashes look intense when I use their mascaras. I've tried Dior and it too was great. But I really like this one..and the price$.

I have not tried this one, but I am a Maybelline mascara gal through and through.  I recently tried the L'oreal Telescopic mascara and hated it.  I will never stray from my trusty Maybelline ever again!

Originally Posted by TMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have not tried this one, but I am a Maybelline mascara gal through and through.  I recently tried the L'oreal Telescopic mascara and hated it.  I will never stray from my trusty Maybelline ever again!

I have telescopic clean definition and I like it a lot! I think I'm gonna buy it again.

Oh I just love the L'Oreal Voluminous :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but everyone's lashes are different. I swear I'm the only person who can't stand Great Lash.. I even hate the green and pink tube lol.

I put it in the other thread but L'Oreal Voluminous is my HG!!!!! I've tried other brands but nothing compares 
wub.gif

I like the effect it gives (lots of volume), and the Carbon Black colour, but it has the crappiest wear of ANY mascara I've ever tried. Within an hour, it's flaked all under my eyes.

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the effect it gives (lots of volume), and the Carbon Black colour, but it has the crappiest wear of ANY mascara I've ever tried. Within an hour, it's flaked all under my eyes.

Yeah I think that happened to me after an hour or 2. I tried it so many times but was always the same. I don't know why this mascara kept falling off my eyelashes! No other mascara has done that to me...must be something in the ingredients or it maybe was a bad one but I don't want to buy it again just to see lol.

I found when I used this one (and this can be true of several volumizing types) that for the first few applications, it can be a little goopy/thick and you may need to comb it out. But that goes away after several uses and to me it's worth it!

I haven't used it in years. It's not my fave, but I don't hate it. My go to ds is Maybelline Colossal Volume.

I love Carbon Black Voluminous! <3

But unlike most, I HATE CG's Lash Blast! Ugh

My all time favorite mascara is Fresh Supernova, been using it for about 6 years :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I noticed that most L'Oreal mascaras clump and even leave that weird tar-like buildup around the cap. Lancome (the high-end subsidary of L'Oreal) does too, but not nearly as bad. I think it is good for the price though. I agree with others, there are better drugstore mascaras and most of the time, you get what you pay for.

A weird thing happens with this mascara. When it's brand new, I could almost say it's horrible: too wet, the lashes don't hold the curl and are clumpy. After using it for a couple of weeks, it's like it transforms into the best mascara ever.

YESS!  the buildup is just gross!  This will definitely not be repurchased!

Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I noticed that most L'Oreal mascaras clump and even leave that weird tar-like buildup around the cap. Lancome (the high-end subsidary of L'Oreal) does too, but not nearly as bad. I think it is good for the price though. I agree with others, there are better drugstore mascaras and most of the time, you get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I just love the L'Oreal Voluminous :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but everyone's lashes are different. I swear I'm the only person who can't stand Great Lash.. I even hate the green and pink tube lol.

dito.gif

Back