Piink

Mineral Makeup for an affordable (CHEAP) price!?

I use ELF mineral makeup and have for the past 4 or so years and I really like it. I have incredibly sensitive skin and everything breaks me out but this doesn't.

Ours isn't cheap....$24.95 a jar. But I did want to suggest that you stay away from ANY that contain bismuth oxychloride. It is a a large particle heavy metal that has to be buffed buffed buffed into the pores, hence the smooth look. This ingredient has a bad reputation of causing acne, even cystic acne.

So...no matter which one you decide on...please heed my warning wink.gif

Originally Posted by Bflopolska View Post

Good to know...which companies or products use bismuth?

Most of them do! As a manufacturer it would be in poor taste to list the brands that use bismuth oxychloride. All I can suggest is to read the labels, if buying in a store, or read the ingredient information if buying online :)

• Like 1

I personally love Everyday Minerals. They are a really nice company and you can order 7 samples from them for a penny plus shipping. I tried them out after I had a reaction to bare minerals (they use bismuth) and I was really impressed with their product.

I do not recommend Everyday Minerals. In the past, their constant refurbishing their website, changing prices, changing the reward system and their good but not extraordinary result in the long term have convinced me to look elsewhere. I've then moved to Lumiere and Lucy minerals, both have excellent coverage with little used, so despite their prices being a little on the up side, a full size foundation lasts me for almost a year. Lucy minerals offers two different formulas for those with oil issues, which i appreciate.

Madd Style Cosmetics is another good one. It's mostly eye shadows at this point, but there's a 'perfecting powder' that works well (and a huge sample is very inexpensive) as well as some blushes, lip balms, lipsticks, and primer/base for eyes. The owner has said that she's getting more into blushes and face powders lately.

Originally Posted by beautystar08 View Post

Hi,Everyday minerals is a very affordable mineral makeup brand, i have never tried it myself ( i need to try it someday ) but i have seen a lot of good reviews about their products :) just search for everyday minerals reviews on google. i hope this could help you:)

I LOVE Everyday Minerals. Plus, you can order samples of the various finishes and tones, so you can find (or fine-tune) the absolute perfect color for yourself.

Originally Posted by beautystar08 View Post

Hi,Everyday minerals is a very affordable mineral makeup brand, i have never tried it myself ( i need to try it someday ) but i have seen a lot of good reviews about their products :) just search for everyday minerals reviews on google. i hope this could help you:)

I LOVE Everyday Minerals. Plus, you can order samples of the various finishes and tones, so you can find (or fine-tune) the absolute perfect color for yourself.

Hi I'm in uk so don't know what's available to you but the best I've tried is loreal true match minerals, it has really good coverage unlike a lot of other mineral powders I've tried, it also gives a nice smooth finish and retails at about £10 but lasts ages as you only need very little. Hope this is of some help. Xxx

Originally Posted by magosienne View Post

I do not recommend Everyday Minerals. In the past, their constant refurbishing their website, changing prices, changing the reward system and their good but not extraordinary result in the long term have convinced me to look elsewhere. I've then moved to Lumiere and Lucy minerals, both have excellent coverage with little used, so despite their prices being a little on the up side, a full size foundation lasts me for almost a year. Lucy minerals offers two different formulas for those with oil issues, which i appreciate.

ITA with you. And they have great sale too. Lucy has BOGO free....awesome sale til the 7th.

Originally Posted by zorabell View Post

I personally love Everyday Minerals. They are a really nice company and you can order 7 samples from them for a penny plus shipping. I tried them out after I had a reaction to bare minerals (they use bismuth) and I was really impressed with their product.

Does bismuth cause a burning sensation on the face. When I wear Bare Essentuals and my face sweats it starts to burn like crazy. Otherwise I do not have any issues.

Does anyone know about Pur Minerals?

Thanks.

Chiming in again to mention Meow Cosmetics Foundation. They have 86 shades with coordinating concealers, in three different levels of coverage. They also have all sorts of correctors, and they're the only powder foundation I've found that matches my skin tone well and has great coverage. They sell samples for $1 each, and have helpful charts to help you figure out which shade you are. There are also forums, you can post pictures and ask what shade people think you might be. They're ALSO having a sale right now, 20% off everything, the code is "Sam." There is a $10 minimum, but if you're trying foundation samples and grab a couple eye shadow samples from their literal hundreds of shadows to choose from, it's easy to hit that. 10 samples covers the minimum if there's no sale, and 13 samples covers it with the 20% off. If that code's expired, google, they always have new ones. 

I just started using Black Opal Mineral foundation. Its cool so far but want to try some others. Some of the ladies above mentioned ELF and Loreal and I might give those a try.

Originally Posted by Mss T View Post

I just started using Black Opal Mineral foundation. Its cool so far but want to try some others. Some of the ladies above mentioned ELF and Loreal and I might give those a try.

I  really like the ELF Mineral Booster and use it as a finishing powder sometimes. I can't use the ELF mineral foundation because of the Bismuth Oxychloride (makes me itchy) but if you don't have a sensitivity to that it works pretty well. The mineral shadows are really great and the ones I have are super pigmented. They are loose powders so you need a primer for them. I actually use the ELF mineral eyeshadow primer all the time and it holds as well as UDPP for me. I am not a huge fan of their mineral lipsticks. They aren't true to color and wear off super easy.

Haven't found a L'Oreal mineral product that didn't make me itch so I can't recommend that.

Originally Posted by TheBeautyFreak View Post

I use the drugstore L'Oreal mineral foundation. I have oily/acne prone skin and it has great coverage. I was using bare minerals but it got to expensive for me. The only down side to minerals for me is the mess. Loose powder isn't ideal for makeup on the go. I suggest using a product with benzoyl peroxide for your acne problems. It really helped me.

I use the L'Oreal mineral as well when I go mineral. Amazon has a great selection of shades. I use the lightest shade.You can build the coverage to cover flaws. It has good coverage and it lasts a long time. I use a slightly darker shade for shading where needed. I like there rouge too, but you might want to apply it with a rouge brush. 

I love Lucy Minerals. They do not use Bismuth Oxy. And I love the awesome coverage the foundation gives.

They are not that pricey, but can be even cheaper during sales. Usually their full size foundation is $15, but right now they have a stock up sale where you can get 5 full size products(foundation,blush, finishing powder, bronzer), an Ultimate flat top kabuki(really nice brush, have one), 2 eyeshadows, and a sample of their serum all for $55 with free shipping.

Of course $55 is a lot of money even though you are getting tons of products, but if you split it with someone then its a good deal.

Their samples come in decent size jars and are $2.50

If you're willing to try the indie brands, I recommend Madison Street Beauty, an Etsy vendor. These guys changed my mind about trying beauty and body products from Etsy. They offer multiple sizes so you can start by trying something small, and the small packages come with a good supply of product. I have never had a bad reaction to any of the products; even the large containers are priced friendly enough to not break your bank; and they have some of the best sales I have ever seen. Hit one of the sales (and they are frequent) and you can outfit your whole face from primer to finisher, even lip color, for 30 to 40 bucks including shipping. I have had good results with Everyday Minerals, both from a customer service standpoint and from just using their stuff. Never an itch, and they have always been good with my shipping. Their jars can run BIG but they have this thing where you can get three of the largest sized face products at 20% off. I recently got a base, bronzer, luminizer, finishing powder, blush, and lipstick for approximately $58, and that not only included shipping but I got three free shadows. The blush was a mini size, bigger than a sampler, but the rest of the stuff was just huge!

Hey, I am new to this forum but figured I would chime in. I'm still experimenting with MMU but I have found a few that are great! FaerieOrganic - http://www.faerieorganic.com/. Their prices are affordable and their MMU is amazing. I have acne-prone skin and everything breaks me out, this product does not, the coverage is beautiful and looks natural but covers any blemishes that I have. The only downside is that shipping takes quite a while.

Another great MMU is OceanMist Cosmetics mineral makeup - http://www.oceanmistcosmetics.com/. Their MMU is extremely affordable and shipping is very fast. The coverage is more on the medium side but very buildable.

I hope this helps!

Originally Posted by ColorsGalore View Post

Another great MMU is OceanMist Cosmetics mineral makeup - http://www.oceanmistcosmetics.com/. Their MMU is extremely affordable and shipping is very fast. The coverage is more on the medium side but very buildable.

What is with the blinking link text on their site?!  I got a headache after a couple of minutes. 

Of all the crummy site design ideas.. this ranks right up there with the site that had a sideways scrolling world map on the background and a transparent text box, which actually made me seasick.  And I don't even get seasick. 

I use gloMinerals because they are the best! I used to breakout all of the time using a foundation and powder but now I just use the base compact in Natural light and a little bronzer during the spring and summer months. Wow what a difference! Just changing my make up changed my skin so much that I only use a light dusting before I get to work on my eyes.. etc.

You can layer the powder and use the Hydration Mist to set it (or not). My skin breathes all day and my pores look great not icky. I would recommend it!

I haven't tried a whole lot of drugstore mineral makeup. I use Physicians Formula though. They have some great mineral wear. One thing that I think that they don't do well is bronzers. So, I'd stay away from those.