Mineral Makeup for an affordable (CHEAP) price!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by TheBeautyFreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use the drugstore L'Oreal mineral foundation. I have oily/acne prone skin and it has great coverage. I was using bare minerals but it got to expensive for me. The only down side to minerals for me is the mess. Loose powder isn't ideal for makeup on the go. I suggest using a product with benzoyl peroxide for your acne problems. It really helped me.
     I use the L'Oreal mineral as well when I go mineral. Amazon has a great selection of shades. I use the lightest shade.You can build the coverage to cover flaws. It has good coverage and it lasts a long time. I use a slightly darker shade for shading where needed. I like there rouge too, but you might want to apply it with a rouge brush. 

I love Lucy Minerals. They do not use Bismuth Oxy. And I love the awesome coverage the foundation gives.

They are not that pricey, but can be even cheaper during sales. Usually their full size foundation is $15, but right now they have a stock up sale where you can get 5 full size products(foundation,blush, finishing powder, bronzer), an Ultimate flat top kabuki(really nice brush, have one), 2 eyeshadows, and a sample of their serum all for $55 with free shipping.

Of course $55 is a lot of money even though you are getting tons of products, but if you split it with someone then its a good deal.

Their samples come in decent size jars and are $2.50

If you're willing to try the indie brands, I recommend Madison Street Beauty, an Etsy vendor. These guys changed my mind about trying beauty and body products from Etsy. They offer multiple sizes so you can start by trying something small, and the small packages come with a good supply of product. I have never had a bad reaction to any of the products; even the large containers are priced friendly enough to not break your bank; and they have some of the best sales I have ever seen. Hit one of the sales (and they are frequent) and you can outfit your whole face from primer to finisher, even lip color, for 30 to 40 bucks including shipping. I have had good results with Everyday Minerals, both from a customer service standpoint and from just using their stuff. Never an itch, and they have always been good with my shipping. Their jars can run BIG but they have this thing where you can get three of the largest sized face products at 20% off. I recently got a base, bronzer, luminizer, finishing powder, blush, and lipstick for approximately $58, and that not only included shipping but I got three free shadows. The blush was a mini size, bigger than a sampler, but the rest of the stuff was just huge!

Hey, I am new to this forum but figured I would chime in. I'm still experimenting with MMU but I have found a few that are great! FaerieOrganic - http://www.faerieorganic.com/. Their prices are affordable and their MMU is amazing. I have acne-prone skin and everything breaks me out, this product does not, the coverage is beautiful and looks natural but covers any blemishes that I have. The only downside is that shipping takes quite a while.

Another great MMU is OceanMist Cosmetics mineral makeup - http://www.oceanmistcosmetics.com/. Their MMU is extremely affordable and shipping is very fast. The coverage is more on the medium side but very buildable.

I hope this helps!

Originally Posted by ColorsGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another great MMU is OceanMist Cosmetics mineral makeup - http://www.oceanmistcosmetics.com/. Their MMU is extremely affordable and shipping is very fast. The coverage is more on the medium side but very buildable.
What is with the blinking link text on their site?!  I got a headache after a couple of minutes. 

Of all the crummy site design ideas.. this ranks right up there with the site that had a sideways scrolling world map on the background and a transparent text box, which actually made me seasick.  And I don't even get seasick. 

I use gloMinerals because they are the best! I used to breakout all of the time using a foundation and powder but now I just use the base compact in Natural light and a little bronzer during the spring and summer months. Wow what a difference! Just changing my make up changed my skin so much that I only use a light dusting before I get to work on my eyes.. etc.

You can layer the powder and use the Hydration Mist to set it (or not). My skin breathes all day and my pores look great not icky. I would recommend it!

I haven't tried a whole lot of drugstore mineral makeup. I use Physicians Formula though. They have some great mineral wear. One thing that I think that they don't do well is bronzers. So, I'd stay away from those.

I have never heard of Mirabella, but most MMU will not break you out. I know FaerieOrganic (http://www.faerieorganic.com/), I love this MMU, I have oily and acne-prone skin and it never broke me out. Also, OceanMist is a great mineral make up to use as well. Hope this helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by ColorsGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have never heard of Mirabella, but most MMU will not break you out. I know FaerieOrganic, I love this MMU, I have oily and acne-prone skin and it never broke me out. Also, OceanMist is a great mineral make up to use as well. Hope this helps!
Thanks. I'll check them out.

Whenever you buy mineral makeup be sure that you are getting quality. Just because they are mineral doesn't mean there aren't ingredients that can be toxic to the skin.

As with most things, you get what you pay for. You can still get discounts on brand name quality products so look for them.

I firmly believe that Bare Minerals and Youngblood are the best brands.

Quote: Originally Posted by DebM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Whenever you buy mineral makeup be sure that you are getting quality. Just because they are mineral doesn't mean there aren't ingredients that can be toxic to the skin.

As with most things, you get what you pay for. You can still get discounts on brand name quality products so look for them.

I firmly believe that Bare Minerals and Youngblood are the best brands.
Where can you find Bare Minerals at? I always wanted to try out their make up and give it a try. My face is pretty sensitive and I wonder if this make up would work best for me.

I am a rep for Younique, they are a new minerals company.  I LOVE them (obviously, or I would not be a rep!)  Pricing is good, they offer hostess rewards so you can get free and reduced makeup if you have a Facebook online party.

Quote: Originally Posted by eucala08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I haven't tried a whole lot of drugstore mineral makeup. I use Physicians Formula though. They have some great mineral wear. One thing that I think that they don't do well is bronzers. So, I'd stay away from those.
Agreed, I always go back to my Physicians Formula Covertox10. its creamy soft texture in a powder ! Its not dusty and messy like other mineral powders out there.

Only buy their Covertox10 though, stay away from their other powders.

I actually stumbled across a brand called Sobe Botanicals on Etsy when I was looking for a replacement for my Bare Minerals brow powder (which, to my horror, was discontinued! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I got a pot of loose powder the same size that my Bare Minerals powder came in for around $5. 

Mary
mary-kay-mineral-powder-foundation-bronze-4-h.png
mary-kay-sheer-mineral-pressed-powder-ivory-1-h.png
Kay has lots of mineral product at an afforderble price

Get Gosh Mineral Foundation. Perfect ingredients, good coverage, looks nice, doesn't wear off during the day and stays mate. Better than BareMinerals and for a much better price:)

Back