Lip Stains

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for a great lip stain (not too expensive) for those times that I just want a light makeup application.  I don't want to look like I'm wearing lipstick but still have some colour.

Joe Fresh @ Superstore/Loblaws, if you're in Canada. Sephora Lush Flush Lip & Cheek stains.

I didn't know they made lipstain.  I'll have to check it out.

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Joe Fresh @ Superstore/Loblaws, if you're in Canada.
Sephora Lush Flush Lip & Cheek stains.
I had bought one long long ago.  It was not memorable hence I didn't remember :/  Maybe I'll have a second look altho I don't recall seeing it when I was looking for lipstains the other day.

Originally Posted by JenHeartsMakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

CoverGirl has the Just Bitten ones and they're really nice and inexpensive:)

I tried Cover Girl's Outlast Lip Stain and hated it.... hated hated hated HATED it. Color never looked on the lips like the package/advertised color. For example, the "nude" was so blatantly coral orange, I wanted to scream. Dried my lips, looked blotchy, just a big BLECH all around!

If anyone has one they love, I'd be happy to hear about it too!

I tried Cover Girl's Outlast and felt like I had just sucked on a crayola marker. Ewww. hated it. Hated the coral color it turned and the taste/smell of a cheap marker. I believe too faced makes a lip stain...one in a pinky natural color and another more deeper color. I found them at Ulta.

I also tried the Joe Fresh lip stains and hated them. Likewise CoverGirl. I bought ones from light pink to darker pink. They were the first and last lip stains I'll ever buy. They all make the mouth look like a kid with a dirty mouth that's been sucking on a red popsicle and has a ring around their mouth IMO.

Jell-o powder. No really. Strawberry is my favorite.Cherry is a little to bright for me. Though it does make a very nice pink hair stripe. Again, really.

Originally Posted by indiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jell-o powder. No really. Strawberry is my favorite.Cherry is a little to bright for me. Though it does make a very nice pink hair stripe. Again, really.

You know, you might be onto something here..... I remember when I was a kid, we'd bring in a box of jello and eat it by licking our fingers and dipping them in the powder then licking it off.  With the bazillion flavors of jello out there now, I'm feeling a nice little blending endeavor coming on. Black cherry? A little grape?  Blueberry with strawberry?  The possibilities are endless!!!!

I second that one. Sephora's Lip and Cheek stain works as well as the other, more expensive stains that I have and doesn't dry out your lips.  Another option would be using Tart's chap stick versions of lip stains.  They give you moisture and healthy color with lighter application.  Warning, they will kiss off....unlink some lip stains. 

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Joe Fresh @ Superstore/Loblaws, if you're in Canada.
Sephora Lush Flush Lip & Cheek stains.

I absolutely love Stila's lip stains. Bloom's Lip Tint in Veil (Cherry Culture is where you can purchase it). Sephora is having a great sale on Tokidoki lip stain products.

LOL!  I remembered how it stained laminate counters if you spilled some.  You may have something there...  I'll have to maybe melt some with enough water but not enough to make jello.

Originally Posted by indiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had bad luck with the drug store lipstains and I don't really want to pony up the money for something higher end only to find out it doesn't work either.  Have you considered a long wearing lipstick?  I really like the Maybelline SuperStay 24 Color.  Color choice is good.  It's a lot more forgiving on less than perfect lips than a lipstain and it has a fairly good wear time.  The packaging isn't phenomenal - the gloss end of my wand is always coming loose, but otherwise I think it's a solid product.

Cover girl's Outlast was terrible. It really was like a paint crayon on your lips, it's way too thick and cakey. I am a fan of Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stain. You can get it at Target or Walmart or something. I have like 4 of the Just Bitten Stains and they aren't super expensive.

I like the CoverGirl Outlast, I make sure it sits applicator tip down in my bag, so I get a more even coat of color. I also put on a hint of lip balm, wait a moment and apply the lip stain. Seems to last a few hours that way for me. 

Originally Posted by ndGirlieReview /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had bad luck with the drug store lipstains and I don't really want to pony up the money for something higher end only to find out it doesn't work either.  Have you considered a long wearing lipstick?  I really like the Maybelline SuperStay 24 Color.  Color choice is good.  It's a lot more forgiving on less than perfect lips than a lipstain and it has a fairly good wear time.  The packaging isn't phenomenal - the gloss end of my wand is always coming loose, but otherwise I think it's a solid product.

By far, my favorite makeup product on the market right now. I have 6 shades. Don't be afraid to use a separate lip brush to mix shades. Doesn't do anything to the consistency and stays just as long. 

Back