Morning TRAGEDY!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ugh it was 6AM and I was putting on my makeup. In a rush I walked to the bathroom and quickly came back to my "makeup area". Well as I was stomping back I literally KICKED my 100$ Prescriptives Foundation bottle (WITHOUT THE LID ON IT) across my CARPETED floor!!!!!!! Foundation went flyingggggggg across the floor and left a humungous streak on my carpet.

I don't know what I'm more mad/sad about-- losing half my new bottle of foundation or me having to clean that mess?!!!

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this stain out? It was oil free it that matters any :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I don't know which is worse either...

As for getting it out of the carpet...

I wouldn't rub it. Try to dab it up with a towel. I think there are some pretty good sprays or maybe some Oxy Clean. And just keep dabbing. I think the best way to get it up is with a steam cleaner. Rats!

Sorry about your tragedy. Hopefully someone can be more helpful than myself.

Well that sucks! Cause I rushed off to a job interview and didnt have time to clean it... and its still there now cause I didn't know what to use to get it out! OMG i'm gonna have this HUGE nasty orange streak on my beige carpet forever?! :icon_eek:

oh wow... that sucks! :icon_eek:

I know Clorox 2 (for colors) takes pretty much anything out of clothes if you put it on a stain... maybe it'll work on the rug ?? If anything try a small spot. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

House or apartment? If it's an apartment the manager probably has a spot steam cleaner, if you dare to ask him.

All I know is don't rub it. Things will be worse if you do that. Maybe try wetting a towel, because I would imagine it is dry by now, and lay it over the stain and walk on it. That should soak some of it up into the towel.

Shoot!! I recommend testing a *small* stained area with a spot-out carpet cleaner. Don't go larger because the cleaner may not work and could make a bigger mess. BTW: I have a Bissell Little Green carpet cleaner and this is my Holy Grail for carpet maintenance and would highly recommend using it for this type of mess, but I hate to suggest anyone spend $70 on anything. I **really** love it, though. It's picked up a mud/blackberry mixture from my ivory carpet like it was nothing! :icon_love

Thanks guys I am sooo p*ssed off about that whole situation-i was cursing like mad this morning at myself!!! I live in a house so I'm gonna have to go out myself and find some miracle product to get this out. I layed a towel on it so I don't have to look at it-- I think I spilled about 50$ worth of foundation *sniff*

Thanks for the suggestions, I might try the Clorox idea if I can find it at store!

The back of my Oxi Clean Versatile says for carpet spot removal, remove excess liquid berfore treating stain. Apply solution (1oz to 16oz of water) to stain. Use only enough to saturate stain. Alow to stand for 1-5 mins. Blot well witha white towel. Repeat as required. Rinse thoroughly with water and blot well. Allow to dry, then vacuum.

I once spilled a bottle of their "Virtual Matte" foundation on my sofa slipcover. I never could get it out, so I ended up throwing the slipcover away. I would actually recommend getting a professional carpet cleaner in there as soon as possible. Foundation is one of the tougher stains to remove.

Was the foundation oil based? I wonder if it matters that mine was oil free? Do you think it'll be easier to remove if its water based? I'm going to get something today to try to clean it up- wish me luck all :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ditto.. Sorry to hear that happened. I really dont know what i'd be more upset about! LOL..

If you dont get it fixed (although i'm sure you will) you could always try getting a cute rug to put over the stain?

The foundation was oil-free. I don't know if it will be easier to remove if it's oil-free. I know there is a place in Philadelphia that has a stain hotline that you can call, but I can't for the life of me remember the name. It might be called Philadelphia Textile Stains, but again I'm not sure. They're supposed to be the authorities on how to remove stains from textiles (including carpeting).

Eeewww!! $50 down the drain, I hate it when stuff like that happens. Hope you get the stain out.

Oh no~!! im so sorry about your morning tragedy...

Oxy Clean works well..I've nvr tried it on carpet but it got everything out of my clothes.

And i would also suggest that you try getting it out with a good makeup remover

I'm not sure about foundation but when i kicked my loose eyeshadow across the carpet I was able to get the stain out 2 months later using my mom's makeup remover.

I'm not exactly sure what brand i used but i hope this will work for your carpet as well..

Well....hope this helped and best wishes!!

awww allie im sorry that happen to you, and you had a job interview after that! that sucks, i dont have carpet in my house so i wouldnt know how to fix that, just wanted to say sorry that happen to you.:icon_love

Wow sorry that happened. I can't think of how you could get it out, maybe ask someone's opinion when you go to the store.

i'm so sorry that happened to you!

my coworker uses this carpet cleaner and it's under $10 and WOW, it works. he was showing me one day and spilled something on it and then in 2 seconds, put the cleaner on, let it foam up, and it was GONE like nobody's business. i'll ask for the name when i see him tomorrow! he uses it in his car and it's a year old and it looks BRAND NEW inside because of this thing. the interior is ivory/beige, too.

I'm sorry to hear that. Other than a steam cleaner, I'm not sure what would remedy a stain like that. I'm so bad with my stuff that I've just given up and keep a small area rug over my floor. I'm looking to replace the carpet with tiles.

Back